Unread 20-05-2019, 06:49 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Hearing this is on btw....
So is everyone.

Unread 20-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Patty_b

So while we're struggling to get rid of a player who under-performed in his last season at his previous club, is just past his prime, and on wages that blew apart our wage structure... We're trying to sign a player who has under-performed for his previous club, is just past his prime, will have to go on wages that will blow apart our wage structure, AND he has a habit of getting injured.

Sounds like a perfect signing, snap the @#%&! up.

Unread 20-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
So while we're struggling to get rid of a player who under-performed in his last season as his previous club, is just past his prime, and on wages that blew apart our wage structure... We're trying to sign a player who has under-performed for his previous club, is just past his prime, will have to go on wages that will blow apart our wage structure, AND he has a habit of getting injured.

Sounds like a perfect signing, snap the @#%&! up.
The only thing that could make it worse would be if the player we are trying to sign had turned us down already 3 or 4 times.

Unread 20-05-2019, 11:49 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Gareth Bale has reportedly told his Real Madrid team-mates that he is willing to see out the rest of his contract, even if he doesn’t get the chance to play.

According to Spanish station Radio Estadio, he said: "I've got three years left on my contract. If they want me to go, they'll need to pay me €17m per season.

“If not, I'll stay here. And if I have to play golf, I will.
"

Don't blame him to be fair.

Rather play golf for £17m per season than come to United and play with Daniel James and Nathan Collins.

Unread 20-05-2019, 11:51 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Rather play golf for £17m per season than come to United and play with Daniel James and Nathan Collins.
Jesus Christ, if we are actually trying to sign this dick then there is no hope.

Unread 20-05-2019, 11:58 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
"I've got three years left on my contract. If they want me to go, they'll need to pay me €17m per season.

“If not, I'll stay here. And if I have to play golf, I will."
It’s that kind of hunger and drive we’re missing

Unread 20-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Sapien

Should sign Winston Bogarde as well imo

Unread 20-05-2019, 12:26 PM
atticusgrinch

If the choice is Bale or keep playing Lingard - welcome monkey man!

Unread 20-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Jesus Christ, if we are actually trying to sign this dick then there is no hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
It’s that kind of hunger and drive we’re missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Should sign Winston Bogarde as well imo
As if people still fall for this %@#$&!s. Its standard negotiating talk

Unread 20-05-2019, 01:27 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
As if people still fall for this %@#$&!s. Its standard negotiating talk
I really don't think Bale is getting a renewal at Madrid. They want him out. Did you not see the Zidane quote?

Unread 20-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I really don't think Bale is getting a renewal at Madrid. They want him out. Did you not see the Zidane quote?
Do you get renewals with 3 year left ?

Unread 20-05-2019, 02:30 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Do you get renewals with 3 year left ?
It's not me implying that have seen stranger things though. Football is mental.

Unread 20-05-2019, 02:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Negotiating his exit payoff pal.

Unread 20-05-2019, 02:43 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
It's not me implying that have seen stranger things though. Football is mental.
True, but he's 30 with 3 years left on his contract. Can't see any big money renewal on the horizon for him... well at least not with Real.. us on the other hand...

Unread 20-05-2019, 02:45 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Negotiating his exit payoff pal.
Ah I see, sorry initially I was replying to the notion that reports of us being interested are rubbish; can sadly see it being very true that we are sniffing about.

Unread 20-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Lok

If the quoted wage for Bale is true, Madrid are going to really struggle to offload him.

That'd explain why Zidane is trying to force him out.

But at £400k a week they're going to have to massively discount the valuation of him otherwise nobody is going near it.

It's hard to imagine United would give him more than £250k a week after what has happened with Sanchez, even if it was a low transfer fee. Woodward might be useless but he knows what a mistake Sanchez was and the disruption it has caused.

Unread 20-05-2019, 03:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If the quoted wage for Bale is true, Madrid are going to really struggle to offload him.

That'd explain why Zidane is trying to force him out.

But at £400k a week they're going to have to massively discount the valuation of him otherwise nobody is going near it.

It's hard to imagine United would give him more than £250k a week after what has happened with Sanchez, even if it was a low transfer fee. Woodward might be useless but he knows what a mistake Sanchez was and the disruption it has caused.

Hold my beer...

Unread 20-05-2019, 04:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Daniel, Nathan and Gareth.

£#%&! me, sounds like a chess club team. Is Reo-Coker still playing/alive?
Ah yes, the "midfield of Nigels"

Unread 20-05-2019, 07:17 PM
RedBhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ah yes, the "midfield of Nigels"
just saw that he would get a £55m payout!! Insane world we live in!
Closed Thread