United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 04:39 PM
wiganste

1 defeat (albeit a £#%&!ing shocker) in about 30 games and this thread gets bumped.

You can spot the folk who enjoy it a mile off

Unread 06-03-2023, 04:48 PM
marlo

i told them to stop reading if they don’t agree with my posts but the tramps are still here telling me i know nothing etc.

I even said “stop reading from this point on” all this while posting on my own thread that they are not forced to read or reply to 😂

Unread 06-03-2023, 05:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i told them to stop reading if they don’t agree with my posts but the tramps are still here telling me i know nothing etc.

I even said “stop reading from this point on” all this while posting on my own thread that they are not forced to read or reply to 😂
How are we supposed to know if we agree with the post if we don’t read it?

Unread 06-03-2023, 05:46 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How are we supposed to know if we agree with the post if we don’t read it?
The word ‘Marlo’ as poster will be a definite clue.

Unread 06-03-2023, 05:51 PM
Coracao

There's somewhat of a pattern of this team falling apart during periods in our away defeats in the league this season.

Brentford

4 goals within a 25 minute spell:
- 10th
- 18th
-30th
- 35th

City

3 goals within 10 mins:

- 34th
- 37th
- 44th

Villa

2 goals in 4 minutes:

-7th
-11th

Liverpool

3 goals in 5(ish) minutes

-43rd
-47th
-50th

Arsenal the only outlier of those and we lost that in the 90th minute.

Something for 10HAG to address. We seem to no longer be panicking when we are behind at Old Trafford, as evidenced by recent results. We completely lost our composure yesterday though.

Unread 12-03-2023, 04:57 PM
NedKelly

Unread 12-03-2023, 05:33 PM
20LEgend1999

Shouldn't have gone in studs up on that Southampton player and definitely should've given a penalty for that handball.

Needs to book his ideas up.

Unread 12-03-2023, 05:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Could be an important point...

The boss, least we didn't lose

Unread 12-03-2023, 06:10 PM
red in cumbria

Anybody slagging him after today is not a United supporter, its that simple.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Anybody slagging him after today is not a United supporter, its that simple.
I support united and that was a silly team selection. you can love him and point out that he hasn't picked a proper midfield yet.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I support united and that was a silly team selection. you can love him and point out that he hasn't picked a proper midfield yet.
what's a proper midfield?

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:18 PM
Ethers

He’s done pretty well without picking a proper midfield you’d have to say.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s done pretty well without picking a proper midfield you’d have to say.
yes. I would have to say. indeed, I have said. but still.... pick a £#%&!ing midfield!

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes. I would have to say. indeed, I have said. but still.... pick a £#%&!ing midfield!
pick who?

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
what's a proper midfield?
in our 4-2-3-1, two proper defensive players. personally, I would pick three midfielders. casemiro and eriksen isn't really a proper midfield. casemiro and fred definitely isn't a proper midfield.

casemiro is constantly being given too much to do.

with eriksen's injury, I would just about accept casemiro, sabitzer and fred. but I would prefer casemiro, sabitzer and eriksen, obviously.

today.... just casemiro. it's a no.

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
So he just so happened to win a trophy and is currently 3rd in the league without having played a proper midfield ? :S

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
So he just so happened to win a trophy and is currently 3rd in the league without having played a proper midfield ? :S
is this a trick question?

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
in our 4-2-3-1, two proper defensive players. personally, I would pick three midfielders. casemiro and eriksen isn't really a proper midfield. casemiro and fred definitely isn't a proper midfield.

casemiro is constantly being given too much to do.

with eriksen's injury, I would just about accept casemiro, sabitzer and fred. but I would prefer casemiro, sabitzer and eriksen, obviously.

today.... just casemiro. it's a no.
so where does bruno fernandes fit into your 'proper midfield' or do you leave him out?

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:26 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
is this a trick question?
With the players he’s had available he’s picked the best he can most times.

You’re making it out like we have prime scholes and Keane on the bench and he’s starting greening

Unread 12-03-2023, 07:27 PM
Ethers

You don’t need 2 proper defensive midfielders in a 4-2-3-1. It’s called a pivot for a reason.

If you were to play 3 midfielders (which we have never had the personnel available to do really) then what you gain in some midfield control, you lose in creativity and penetration in attack. There’s no reason we need to do that. We’ve already shown this season we can beat the best sides with the midfield as ETH has been setting it up.

I really don’t think a poor result against Southampton provides any evidence to change that
Closed Thread