United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:26 PM
marlo

Default the 'build up to the final' thread...(pictures, news and anything else thats relevant)

starting off with a few pics of the lads on their way to rome and also interviews with anderson and 'him'

(rios blackberry )

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Sparky***

Ronaldo looks disgusted with Anderson's choice of footwear.

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:28 PM
marlo

berbatovs loafers
soooo eastern european

whats rooney got a briefcase for ffs

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Briefcase £#%&!er

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:30 PM
marlo

interview with big andy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...348004,00.html

Quote:
Manchester United midfielder Anderson has praised Sir Alex Ferguson for building what he believes is the 'greatest team in the world'.

The Brazilian is expected to play in his second consecutive UEFA Champions League final on Wednesday at the tender age of 20 and has highlighted the bond created by Ferguson between the players as key to their success.

"He is the big daddy, especially to the young players," said Anderson. "He supports them and gives them the maturity needed to achieve things. Above all, he trusts them.

"Basically he tries to keep everybody happy. He has created a big family I feel comfortable with.

"We are all good friends. It is why Manchester United is the greatest team in the world."

Anderson grew up in a poor family from Sao Paolo but was bought by Ferguson for around £18million from Porto in June 2007 and he admits that although his lifestyle has changed, he will never forget his roots.

"What is happening now is a real contrast to compared with what I am used to," he said.

"I come from a poor background and to have a chance to be in another Champions League Final, lining up alongside players like (Wayne) Rooney and (Cristiano) Ronaldo is an amazing thing.

"But I don't think it changes you. It changes your lifestyle but not your personality.

"I want to win things in life but I am not a different person. I am still the same as I was back then.

Friends

Moving to England and learning a new language as a teenager has been tough on the Brazilian international, but the former Gemio dynamo has had fellow professionals on hand to help him settle in Manchester.

"Cristiano [Ronaldo] was fantastic for me when I joined and continues to be a great support. Having Robinho in town as well is good because he is always available to help out if needed.

"It is great for me. People might talk about those star players but I am happy just to be one of the group.

"I am enjoying my football and I just hope I can keep helping the team to win trophies."

big andy and big daddy

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:31 PM
marlo

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....erbatov_i_care

Quote:
DIMITAR Berbatov has rejected the accusation that he is too laidback to care whether United beat Barcelona in Wednesday's Champions League final.

The Bulgarian has only been a qualified success since arriving at Old Trafford from Tottenham for a club record £30.75million.

Moments of pure genius have been mixed with periods of perceived inactivity as Berbatov adjusted to his new surroundings.

Sir Alex Ferguson has certainly never questioned the 28-year-old's commitment.

However, plenty have taken his phlegmatic demeanour as a sign Berbatov lacks the application normally associated with United stars.

Yet that perception is wide of the mark.

"I know people sometimes think I don't care. Trust me. I do," he said

"I get frustrated and if I don't play well I am very disappointed.

"People should not just look at my face and make an assessment about me, depending on what it shows."

Ferguson pursued Berbatov for well over 12 months, believing the former Spurs star could add an ingredient missing from his team by being able to unlock the tightest of defences in the most difficult of games.

A tally of 14 goals and an equal number of assists suggests Berbatov has added a bit extra.

Yet as the season has reached its dramatic conclusion, he has been gently eased out of the United starting line-up.

Indeed, it is now expected Berbatov will be on the bench in Rome on Wednesday night as United attempt to join Ajax and Bayern Munich among the list of clubs that have won the European Cup on four occasions.

"I know what I have done. And I know I can do a lot more," he said.

"I can improve because I didn't produce 100% in some of the games I have played since I came to the club."

Concerns about form will be set aside in the Italian capital as Berbatov attempts to win a trophy that has so far proved elusive in a career that finally boasts a Premier League title.

"I still get nervous," he said. "I play for the biggest club in the world. The nerves are always there.

"Barcelona will give us a tough match but every game is like that for us.

"The opposition think, we are playing against Manchester United, we are going to give it everything. We don't expect anything else."

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:33 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ronaldo looks disgusted with Anderson's choice of footwear.
is anderson wearing those £#%&!ing 'r9' trainers that came out a few years ago

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Sloppy

UEFA Champions League Weekly

part1
part2
part3

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Why has rooney brought his red england shirt....Or is it a towel?

He's such a 'burtons Brit abroad'

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Why has rooney brought his red england shirt....Or is it a towel?

He's such a 'burtons Brit abroad'

£#%&! knows what it is..

i cant get over berbatovs loafers. he looks like the type that will sleep with your wife while you're at work and smoke in your bedroom wearing your robe.

Unread 25-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

Laptop. He'll be posting from the game.

Unread 25-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116530

Unread 25-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Blagger

rooney's skinny part of tie longer than thick bit.

Unread 25-05-2009, 07:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
rooney's skinny part of tie longer than thick bit.
Scouser, nft

Unread 26-05-2009, 12:02 PM
BarryX

Can't believe how shit BBC World Sport's coverage of the build up is. It barely got a mention in their news spot. CNN on the other hand is featuring it on their hourly world news segment, had about 3/4's of their World Sport feature dedicated to the build up, and has a special starting from 6 tomorrow.

BBC = bitter bitter @#%&!s.

CNN - the world news channel for Top Reds.

Unread 26-05-2009, 12:10 PM
n48

CNN - Choice News NFT

Unread 26-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Pop

Evra interviewed by L 'Equipe...

On the Champions League final:

"I remember in my first interview after I arrived in Manchester, I said: 'I didn't come here to play in the Champions League, I have come to win it".

"At the moment I have one, but I want a second one and then a third one. That is my objective.

"It is up to me to ensure that the story has a positive ending. (Sir Alex) Ferguson has said: 'Messi? Pat will take care of him'. I hope I don't disappoint him.

"I feel strong though. People can call me arrogant, but why should I lie? Of course I feel strong and of course I am proud as well. I am at the top of the pyramid, but I am not stupid and I realise that one small step could see me fall down very quickly."

On Franck Ribery:

"It's clear a guy like Franck would be the ideal solution for United if Cristiano left.

"Of course I talk to Franck about it, I tell him 'you had better come here'."

You tell him Pat

Unread 26-05-2009, 05:53 PM
thatsfuctit

turn it up.

nice trailer other than for the random old team photo.

Unread 26-05-2009, 05:57 PM
marlo

brilliant video that.

£#%&! me im in the mood.
Closed Thread