United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Cream

Default I've identified the problem with our crybaby squad.

For the first time in living memory, possibly ever, we don't have a single celt in our 1st team squad.

McQueen, Jordan, Keane, Moran etc.

Men of character brought up on salted porridge, bare knuckle fighting and pissing down rain.

Observe:

Remedy: find a scottish/irish player who isn't absolute garbage.

Over to you.

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:50 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Remedy: find a scottish/irish player who isn't absolute garbage.
here's the catch jagoff. there aren't any.

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Not even bothered “is that it”

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
here's the catch jagoff. there aren't any.
That's about the height of it. Can't see Jeff Hendrick or Barry Bannan sorting out our problems tbf.

Unread 12-02-2018, 03:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not even bothered “is that it”

And he's our toughest character.

Unread 12-02-2018, 04:05 PM
BarryX

I think the biggest problem is the squad is made up entirely of modern day footballers, who've had their every need and whim pampered for, are vastly overpaid and rate themselves too highly, and who live in an age of narcissistic self-promotion via social media. In other words, professional footballers are, by and large, all @#%&!s (apart from Juan Mata, but he's not got much bite to him).

Unread 12-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I think the biggest problem is the squad is made up entirely of modern day footballers, who've had their every need and whim pampered for, are vastly overpaid and rate themselves too highly, and who live in an age of narcissistic self-promotion via social media. In other words, professional footballers are, by and large, all @#%&!s (apart from Juan Mata, but he's not got much bite to him).
This is an odd one......
Off the top of my head, players in our squad unpampered, social media quiet...

Young
Blind
Jones
Smalling
De Gea
Valencia
Bailey
Lindelof
Shaw (these days)
Matic
Martial

The ones we have that love the socials I’ll accept, but that’s modern times...over paid ? Yes...pampered...a little.

A collection of shit bags though, a team needs strength and fight...

Unread 12-02-2018, 04:11 PM
no fun

The Scottish Player or whatever he’s called has pledged his future to Scotland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_The Scottish Player

Unread 12-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Wellinever

Default What about Scott?

Thought Scott The Scottish Player was a Scotsman?
He looks like a lad who will run through brick walls!

Unread 12-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Maybe we should let mourinho get on with trying to instill it then instead of throwing our toys out the pram every 5 minutes.

He was making these points himself during his first season. It’s the fundamental problem with the squad and it’s tough to change. It’s not an easy quick fix. Maybe people moaning about him not substituting certain players when they’re struggling, playing others constantly, playing pogba in a two, playing others carrying knocks and persistently ignoring others, may just not recognise his methods of trying to provoke reactions from different personalities in an attempt to change this fundamental issue within the squad. Not great for short term team spirit but something he considers necessary to get where this club need to go. Imagine that, possibly a manager managing people.

I haven’t got a clue if that’s what he’s doing, but neither does anyone else. So barring disasters, how about just letting one of the best managers in the world get on with managing the situation at the club as he sees fit without whinging every two minutes like 12 year olds asking if we’re there yet.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Maybe we should let mourinho get on with trying to instill it then instead of throwing our toys out the pram every 5 minutes.

He was making these points himself during his first season. It’s the fundamental problem with the squad and it’s tough to change. It’s not an easy quick fix. Maybe people moaning about him not substituting certain players when they’re struggling, playing others constantly, playing pogba in a two, playing others carrying knocks and persistently ignoring others, may just not recognise his methods of trying to provoke reactions from different personalities in an attempt to change this fundamental issue within the squad. Not great for short term team spirit but something he considers necessary to get where this club need to go. Imagine that, possibly a manager managing people.

I haven’t got a clue if that’s what he’s doing, but neither does anyone else. So barring disasters, how about just letting one of the best managers in the world get on with managing the situation at the club as he sees fit without whinging every two minutes like 12 year olds asking if we’re there yet.
not this. soz. I recognise his methods of a 2-man midfield. I recognise it from van gaal. it is shit. one (two) of the best managers in the world are £#%&!ing #@&%!ed. pogba is barely a midfielder. he makes veron look like a god. veron was a god. in a 5-man midfield. 5! £#%&! off.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
The Scottish Player or whatever he’s called has pledged his future to Scotland

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_The Scottish Player
Have to say, when he got repeatedly clattered against Huddersfield, I was impressed at how he didn't cry off.

This is great news.

Unread 12-02-2018, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Yes, but like SAF he is stubborn and also like him his stubbornness isn't always justified. We aren't able to get away with it as easily now, though.

Unread 12-02-2018, 06:48 PM
believe

Maybe there’s a mouse in the dressing room and they’ve all been too distressed to be men.

Unread 12-02-2018, 09:26 PM
BarryX

Quote:
This is an odd one......
Off the top of my head, players in our squad unpampered, social media quiet...

Young
Blind
Jones
Smalling
De Gea
Valencia
Bailey
Lindelof
Shaw (these days)
Matic
Martial

The ones we have that love the socials I’ll accept, but that’s modern times...over paid ? Yes...pampered...a little.

I didn't mean they were all on Snap Chat every five minutes, although I'm pretty sure most of them have a social media presence and keep an eye on those of others. More to the point, this whole generation (including most of our first team squad, and the likes of you, I and everybody else here) live in the age of smartphones, constant notifications and updates. There's just too many distractions going on in the current times. Coupled with a lifestyle where the players literally have everything done for them* and knowing they have enough money in the bank never have to do a day's work again, and it's little that wonder that the way that passion manifests itself on the pitch is changing.

* the club wouldn't allow players years ago to do things like change a lightbulb, so imagine what it's like for them now they're near 100 million pound investments.

Unread 12-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Have to say, when he got repeatedly clattered against Huddersfield, I was impressed at how he didn't cry off.

This is great news.
Yup, he'll get a nice rest every summer

Unread 12-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Denis Irwell

McTom; top light bulb changer. Shot up to 6’9” in a couple of weeks

Old school Lancaster lad. Brought up on bread and scrape.

Unread 12-02-2018, 10:19 PM
rebelcountyred

Lee O’connor Is highly rated

Unread 12-02-2018, 10:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Lee O’connor Is highly rated
Sounds like a stand up comedian...

Get rid.
Closed Thread