United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2011, 05:02 PM
ziggyman17

Default Re: Team v FC Basel......

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
his confidence is smashed. Been dog shit since that miss in the fa cup semi. Then got £#%&!ed off in the champs league final. Then wellers got picked infront of him for the league games.
Then he should have done the decent thing and £#%&!ed off in the summer..

When he was dropped from the champions league final he should have got the hint.. He was the clubs top scorer last season and yet for the most important game of the season he did'nt even make the bench.. I think he would do well in the Italian league, the slower pace of the Italian league would suit his play..

Unread 26-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Sloppy

Unread 26-09-2011, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Then got £#%&!ed off in the champs league final
Which wouldn't have been so bad but for the fact a half-dead Fletcher *did* make the bench

Was that really just sentiment from SAF, given that the Scottish Player was cheated out of playing in Rome? Or was he indeed trying to give Berbs a hint?? I do wonder, tbh......

Unread 26-09-2011, 05:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Which wouldn't have been so bad but for the fact a half-dead Fletcher *did* make the bench

Was that really just sentiment from SAF, given that the Scottish Player was cheated out of playing in Rome? Or was he indeed trying to give Berbs a hint?? I do wonder, tbh......

And yet it is common knowledge that PSG wanted him and were prepared to part with decent coinage to get him and SAF turned them down flat

Unread 26-09-2011, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

I know - so that makes what he did at Wembley all the stranger. Maybe one day his memoirs will reveal all.

Unread 26-09-2011, 07:03 PM
jem

berbatov and nani should both have played. do you think nani should have £#%&!ed off too? we'd be mid- table, but hey.

berbatov is a class player. enthusiasm will only get you so far. he works a lot harder than people give him credit for anyway.

Unread 26-09-2011, 07:05 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Dont really fancy seeing Berbatov playing again for a while.

Last two hundred performances have been shambolic

Unread 26-09-2011, 07:09 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

berbatov is a class player. enthusiasm will only get you so far. he works a lot harder than people give him credit for anyway.
this...twice in two days I've agreed with you....does that make me obsequious or obsolete....what would TT say

Unread 26-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Tiberian

Berbatov made a sizeable contribution to Utd winning the league last year. Most players after having an excellent season would built up some credit before the criticism starts, especially one who carried the goalscoring burden in the first half of last season when Rooney was playing and behaving like a @#%&! and Hernandez was settling in.

I know some will point to a lot of his goals coming in a small number of games but he was showing a lot more aggression, taking responsibility as a senior member of the squad and actually showing leadership.

His season did tail off in the second half of the season, it was not so much that he was playing badly(although some poor individual moments such as the FA Cup semi hurt his standing) but the team evolved towards the Rooney-Hernandez partnership in the key part of the season.

He has had limited game time this year, which made his seeming disinterest at Stoke more frustrating, but that was a poor team performance on the ball. I hope he starts the next 2 games, give him a a chance to find form.

Unread 26-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Rhodzy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15064028.stm?

Fergie interview, doesn't mention Ravel when he mentions the youth players.

Unread 26-09-2011, 07:37 PM
RedMenace

Unofficial club policy is now apparently not to mention him or build him up in any way if possible. To try and keep the attention off him for a while and see if he can grow up a bit out of the spotlight.

Unread 26-09-2011, 08:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Unofficial club policy is now apparently not to mention him or build him up in any way if possible. To try and keep the attention off him for a while and see if he can grow up a bit out of the spotlight.
No news is good news

Hope the next time I see or hear of him he's starting a Carling Cup game tbh.

Unread 26-09-2011, 08:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
this...twice in two days I've agreed with you....does that make me obsequious or obsolete....what would TT say
he'd say you'll get over it. probably quite soon. :0)

Unread 26-09-2011, 08:16 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Berbatov made a sizeable contribution to Utd winning the league last year. Most players after having an excellent season would built up some credit before the criticism starts, especially one who carried the goalscoring burden in the first half of last season when Rooney was playing and behaving like a @#%&! and Hernandez was settling in.

I know some will point to a lot of his goals coming in a small number of games but he was showing a lot more aggression, taking responsibility as a senior member of the squad and actually showing leadership.

His season did tail off in the second half of the season, it was not so much that he was playing badly(although some poor individual moments such as the FA Cup semi hurt his standing) but the team evolved towards the Rooney-Hernandez partnership in the key part of the season.

He has had limited game time this year, which made his seeming disinterest at Stoke more frustrating, but that was a poor team performance on the ball. I hope he starts the next 2 games, give him a a chance to find form.
what are your thoughts on Myra Hindley or Hitler?

Unread 26-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
what are your thoughts on Myra Hindley or Hitler?
Hitler could do a job on the right wing.

Unread 26-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Hitler could do a job on the right wing.
Just don't leave Hindley with the youth team....

Unread 26-09-2011, 09:16 PM
djsst

Is Shaqiri still with Basel or did he move on ?....He looks a good player.

Unread 26-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Sloppy

themichaelowen michael owen
Early night for me tonight. Big game tomorrow so need the rest. Not used to playing 2 games in 5 days! Hope it's 3 games in 8 days tomorrow!

Unread 26-09-2011, 09:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
themichaelowen michael owen
Early night for me tonight. Big game tomorrow so need the rest. Not used to playing 2 games in 5 days! Hope it's 3 games in 8 days tomorrow!

He'll be utterly £#%&!ed after 15 minutes if he starts

Unread 26-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Tronics

hope Basel are shite

because Bersb and Owen uptop wont be much to shout about
Closed Thread