AK14

Carrick…

Unread 22-04-2022, 12:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
sexist as well

FULL HOUSE!
Struggling to understand what I’ve said that’s so offensive but hay ho, have a good day pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Carrick…

Ralph

Unread 22-04-2022, 12:55 PM
Ethers

Carrick
Rooney
Ole
Robert Page
Phil Neville
Allardyce
Sven
Queiroz

All would have taken the job on a short term basis, and done a better job than Ralf has

Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Struggling to understand what I’ve said that’s so offensive but hay ho, have a good day pal.
Apology accepted

Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Carrick…

Love this.

The gormless tw*t was part of the worst managerial team in Uniteds history.

If we're just handing the job out to unqualified ex players at least pick Eric or keano. I take that back as Keane is far more qualified for the job than ole ever was.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Carrick
Rooney
Ole
Robert Page
Phil Neville
Allardyce
Sven
Queiroz

All would have taken the job on a short term basis, and done a better job than Ralf has
I’m not having Phil Neville

Would have loved Big Sam though.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:06 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Thought you were digging out my post about Italy before the Euros kicked off
No, that's my job (after tipping Italy and being slated for it by a few)

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Will judge him when his 'consultancy' period is over.

As a manager, he's not managed to do a great deal.
Sums it up well.

Not sure why people get so upset over this. Nobody expected an interim manager to come in and achieve anything dramatic.

Obviously, none of the problems at the club are remotely his fault to begin with.

I just hoped he'd at least have some impact on the players, £#%&!stains that they are, that would as a bare minimum put a stop to regular humiliation.

He hasn't done that, so I'm wondering exactly what he's being paid 8 million pounds for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Carrick
Rooney
Ole
Robert Page
Phil Neville
Allardyce
Sven
Queiroz

Hiddink springs to mind. Took over Chelsea in February 2009 after the disastrous Scolari, only lost once in all competitions, got them to the Champions League semi final where they were robbed, and won the FA Cup.

And no, that's not what I expected Ralf to do, but an interim manager can have at least some positive impact, rather than absolutely nothing.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sums it up well.

Not sure why people get so upset over this. Nobody expected an interim manager to come in and achieve anything dramatic.

Obviously, none of the problems at the club are remotely his fault to begin with.

I just hoped he'd at least have some impact on the players, £#%&!stains that they are, that would as a bare minimum put a stop to regular humiliation.

He hasn't done that, so I'm wondering exactly what he's being paid 8 million pounds for.

Hiddink springs to mind. Took over Chelsea in February 2009 after the disastrous Scolari, only lost once in all competitions, got them to the Champions League semi final where they were robbed, and won the FA Cup.
This.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Ethers

Hyman and Zorg are absolutely nailing it on the subject imo. Can’t argue with anything that’s been said.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Thing is, he did have an impact initially. We were tougher to beat, we won our first three games and his record made for decent reading up until a few weeks ago.

To me, this just points to the players again. I think it’s likely they’d have done it with most other candidates too. Not sure how many different managers of wildly different backgrounds and success have to fail before we realise it isn’t on them. At least not primarily.

But yeah, Phill Neville would have been the REAL breakthrough.

The main difference is if we go with Carrick or another United old boy, then it’s the same old clinging to the past. Jobs for the boys. Rangnick is objective. You can see he clearly knows what the issues are and he’ll go straight upstairs and grass everyone up with cold ruthless German efficiency 👍

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:24 PM
dunk

Carrick had more of an impact tbh. 2 wins and a draw from Villarreal (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h).

More organised, more energetic and more threatening going forward than anything Ralf has managed at any point..

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:25 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

I can't actually think of anything he's done that has improved the club since he arrived.

We are far worse off now than when Ole left, with a dressing room that is the most toxic I can ever remember, and players visibly downing tools.

We've been eliminated from every cup competition under this guy's watch at the first time of asking, as well as failing miserably in the top 4 race.

I keep hearing about what a 'breath of fresh air' he's been, but all I can see is a completely uncharismatic, dour, out-of-touch bluffer who simply drops platitude after platitude about how we need to improve things like our workrate and transfer policy. The mans a genius!

The one thing the his fanboys seem to be championing more than anything else is how instrumental he's been in hiring Ten Hag, but its been reported by all accounts that his influence in that decision has been minimal if not non-existent.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Thing is, he did have an impact initially. We were tougher to beat, we won our first three games and his record made for decent reading up until a few weeks ago.
The Carrick effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I can't actually think of anything he's done that has improved the club since he arrived.

We are far worse off now than when Ole left, with a dressing room that is the most toxic I can ever remember, and players visibly downing tools.

We've been eliminated from every cup competition under this guy's watch at the first time of asking, as well as failing miserably in the top 4 race.

I keep hearing about what a 'breath of fresh air' he's been, but all I can see is a completely uncharismatic, dour, out-of-touch bluffer who simply drops platitude after platitude about how we need to improve things like our workrate and transfer policy. The mans a genius!

The one thing the his fanboys seem to be championing more than anything else is how instrumental he's been in hiring Ten Hag, but its been reported by all accounts that his influence in that decision has been minimal if not non-existent.
Fletcher is being credited along with Murtaugh for ETH, and he’s getting pelters

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:28 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Carrick had more of an impact tbh. 2 wins and a draw from Villarreal (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h).

More organised, more energetic and more threatening going forward than anything Ralf has managed at any point..
The Glazers would have him on a 3 year deal if Utd got top 4.
Fact is Carrick flounced first chance he got and the defeats since are all on the players.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
The Glazers would have him on a 3 year deal if Utd got top 4.
Fact is Carrick flounced first chance he got and the defeats since are all on the players.
I don’t blame Carrick for getting out. McKenna did the same. If Phelan were younger I imagine he’d have £#%&!ed off too. The players seem hellbent on dragging every £#%&!er through the mud.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Ronny

Quote:
I don’t blame Carrick for getting out. McKenna did the same. If Phelan were younger I imagine he’d have f***ed off too. The players seem hellbent on dragging every f***er through the mud.
So you see that Carrick knew how toxic the dressing room had become and yet have no sympathy with Ralf having to put together a coaching staff in the middle of the season.
Ralf was I believe recommended by Murtagh who with Woodward going needed a professional assessment of the squad to back his ideas for taking the team forward with the Glazers.
This was his primary purpose getting fourth should have been straightforward but too many of the squad just quit trying.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:39 PM
dunk

I have every sympathy with Ralf. He’s still done a shit job.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
How can you blame him for anything when he arrived at a time where he had next to no room to train and develop. Wasn’t allowed to bring in any new players. Inherited a team on the way down and clearly has players who have downed tools.

What do you think he could have done differently ? Genuine question . What could he have done differently that you could argue for maybe resulting in better form in the last 4 months

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward.
Closed Thread