United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 09-02-2024, 04:57 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
the more control refs demand (to match fix because they're poorly paid) the more likely we are to see genuine player on ref violence, and i don't mean a little push
be careful what you wish for
Purple card that, surely.

Unread 09-02-2024, 05:02 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
the more control refs demand (to match fix because they're poorly paid) the more likely we are to see genuine player on ref violence, and i don't mean a little push
be careful what you wish for
Ok. You’ve convinced me.

Yes to blue cards.

Unread 09-02-2024, 09:30 PM
armchair

I think it's shit in rugby. Seems artificial.

We need less refereeing not more.

Unread 09-02-2024, 09:33 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

We need less refereeing not more.
Bingo

Unread 09-02-2024, 11:32 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
Bingo
Less of that too.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:28 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
It’s not. It is in rugby but like I said you can easily time waste for a lot of that. Can easily just chuck everyone behind the ball for 10 mins, what’s stopping the team with 10 taking the ball in the corner flag and time wasting? All it does is encourage negative football. A team can easily survive 10 mins ffs
They'd have to bring in the timing of games being ball in play for this to not be absolutely farcical.

Unread 11-02-2024, 10:29 AM
pc6090

Just use yellow and reds properly and consistently

Unread 01-03-2024, 08:07 PM
Patty_b

Blue cards are being dropped, but the sin bin is going ahead. So just the same but the referee won't be showing a card when they sin bin a player.

Quote:
Football’s lawmaking body is expected to drop the idea of introducing a blue card after the idea was met with public mockery.

The International Football Association Board (Ifab) will announce at its annual general meeting on Saturday that planned sin-bin trials for dissent and cynical fouls are to continue, but the mooted card is expected to be excluded from the plans.
In a perfect world sin bin would make sense, but it's going to be a mess. As midweek showed, they can't even get what are meant to be clear red cards consistently right, even with VAR. There's just going to be constant arguing about whether a sin bin was too harsh, or whether someone should have been sent off instead. Can also see time wasting being an issue.

Unread 01-03-2024, 08:23 PM
NedKelly

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the current system. The issue lies with the referees themselves and the inconsistencies found on a game-by-game basis - introducing more complications is only going to make those inconsistencies worse and more frequent.

In short - they’re £#%&!ing idiots.

Unread 01-03-2024, 08:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Blue cards are being dropped, but the sin bin is going ahead. So just the same but the referee won't be showing a card when they sin bin a player.

In a perfect world sin bin would make sense, but it's going to be a mess. As midweek showed, they can't even get what are meant to be clear red cards consistently right, even with VAR. There's just going to be constant arguing about whether a sin bin was too harsh, or whether someone should have been sent off instead. Can also see time wasting being an issue.
It doesn’t make sense in any world. We have a discipline system in the game that works perfectly well of applied correctly.

Football is either rugby nor American. It doesn’t need sin bins. If it was introduced and operated correctly, Pep’s team would never have 11 players on the pitch. That’s not going to happen. Instead, it’ll be used to bin off Dalot or Bruno any time we look like we might get a result.

I’m not happy with how refs and vat run games now, but I’ll settle for it the rest of my days if the alternative is this pile of keek.

Unread 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the current system. The issue lies with the referees themselves and the inconsistencies found on a game-by-game basis - introducing more complications is only going to make those inconsistencies worse and more frequent.

In short - they’re £#%&!ing idiots.
Football is slowly dying isn’t it…

Unread 01-03-2024, 08:53 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
yes
reminder that ethers once said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
I think it’s a good idea tbf
no coincidence he's a huge rachel riley fan

Unread 01-03-2024, 09:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
It’s actually constantly growing in terms of global viewership and monetary value. But it’s certainly moving farther and farther away from the sport most of us on here grew up watching.

I’ll always love United and I doubt I’ll ever pack in watching football, but so many things in recent years seem to try and negate the spirit of the game. VAR; weird rule changes and general inconsistencies; the actual football played by many top teams becoming more robotic; the obsession with possession based styles and stats regarding things like “second carries” or whatever it was; tournaments being played in Qatar; pre-seasons in the US. It’s just a bit soulless and corporate now.

This sin bin thing just feels like another pointless change that will only produce more pus from the already-weeping sore that is modern refereeing.

Unread 01-03-2024, 09:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It’s actually constantly growing in terms of global viewership and monetary value. But it’s certainly moving farther and farther away from the sport most of us on here grew up watching.

I’ll always love United and I doubt I’ll ever pack in watching football, but so many things in recent years seem to try and negate the spirit of the game. VAR; weird rule changes and general inconsistencies; the actual football played by many top teams becoming more robotic; the obsession with possession based styles and stats regarding things like “second carries” or whatever it was; tournaments being played in Qatar; pre-seasons in the US. It’s just a bit soulless and corporate now.

This sin bin thing just feels like another pointless change that will only produce more pus from the already-weeping sore that is modern refereeing.
Be good for the lads on the podcasts to discuss though ...

Gary £#%&!ing Neville giggling over a pastry and a sin bin...

Unread 01-03-2024, 09:17 PM
larry

Quote:
Quote:
It’s actually constantly growing in terms of global viewership and monetary value.