Ok fair enough.

Fancy a bum?
ffs

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Alan

Default Re: Panorama Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
Not sure if this has been already mooted, but after watching it last night it appears some of the Tampa Bay fans are getting pretty pissed off with their lack of success and funds.

Is anyone aware of any contact with fan groups over there with the Tampa Bay supporters to try and take the green and gold over the Atlantic?

It may be a futile attempt, fall on deaf ears, but if there are enough who feel they are being short changed over there and want rid of the Glazer regime it could add strength and weaken the gimps hold on United.

The green and gold may not be transported directly, but some sort of association may work. All depends on the fan mentality over there with American Football.

http://bucschat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Some ABU #@&%! has started a thread on the panorama program, referring to United as 'manure'

From the few replies so far to the thread and to another about forbes saying the gimps have also £#%&!ed them up, they do seem fairly clued up.

The fat bloke who was on panorama is also a member of the forum as you will see in the ABU's thread, so he could be the one to contact.

Unread 10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Ronaldo was.

Several people from inside the club (not related) said it was common knowledge at United.I suppose we'll know for sure at the end of this summer if it's true though.We don't bring in what we need player wise, roll out the excuses about 'inflated markets' etc - then we know it as fact.The team needs investment in midfield and up front, it's glaringly obvious. So if we really have the 'Ronaldo' cash as Gill et al keep saying, it needs to be spent..
and there we have it

almost verbatim what Drasdo said last summer

if we don't throw 80 million quid around or the best part thereof then it proves we can't

totally and utterly £#%&!ing clueless about what building a squad and a team is all about. though in his case i'll happily say it was politically motivated %@#$&!s.

the real problem with the type of %@#$&!s you've posted though is the one that has been repeatedly highlighted by myself and others, namely that what the likes of you think the team needs is not in any way shape or form a credible statement of fact. therefore it cannot be the basis on which to judge the availability or otherwise of transfer funds.

i'll ignore your oft repeated third hand ITK shite as well if it's all the same to you.

Unread 10-06-2010, 01:51 AM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
and there we have it

if we don't throw 80 million quid around or the best part thereof then it proves we can't

totally and utterly £#%&!ing clueless about what building a squad and a team is all about. though in his case i'll happily say it was politically motivated %@#$&!s.

the real problem with the type of %@#$&!s you've posted though is the one that has been repeatedly highlighted by myself and others, namely that what the likes of you think the team needs is not in any way shape or form a credible statement of fact. therefore it cannot be the basis on which to judge the availability or otherwise of transfer funds.

i'll ignore your oft repeated third hand ITK shite as well if it's all the same to you.

Can't see magic getting up from that vicious left hook.

RIP.

Unread 10-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Sandman

Quote:
and there we have it

True, I saw this posted on another forum the other day when the %@#$&!s about transfers was brought up again.

Quote:
Fergie's Signings

1987/1988

Viv Anderson (250,000)
Brian McClair (850,000)
Steve Bruce (825,000)

1988/1989

Jim Leighton (450,000)
Lee Sharpe (185,000)
Mark Hughes (1.8m)
Mal Donaghy (650,000)
Ralph Milne (75,000)
Guiliano Maiorana (30,000)

1989/1990

Mike Phelan (750,000)
Neil Webb (1.5m)
Gary Pallister (2.3m)
Paul Ince (1m)
Danny Wallace (1.3m)

1990/1991

Les Sealey (Loan)
Denis Irwin (625,000)
Neil Whitworth (45,000)

1991/1992

Andrei Kanchelskis (650,000)
Peter Schmeichel (600,000)
Paul Parker (1.7m)

1992/1993

Dion Dublin (1m)
Eric Cantona (1.2m)

1993/1994

Roy Keane (3.75m)

1994/1995

David May (1.25m)
Graeme Tomlinson (100,000)
Andy Cole (7m)

1995/1996

Nick Culkin ( 250,000)

1996/1997

Raimond van der Gouw (500,000)
Ronny Johnsen (1.2m)
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (1.5m)
Karel Poborsky (3.5m)
Jordi Cruyff (1.4m)

1997/1998

Teddy Sheringham (3.5m)
Erik Nevland (1.5m)
Henning Berg (5m)

1998/1999

Jonathan Greening (750,000)
Jaap Stam (10.75m)
Jesper Blomqvist (4.4m)
Dwight Yorke (12.6m)

1999/2000

Quentin Fortune ( 1.5m)
Massimo Taibi ( 4.5m)
Mickael Silvestre ( 4m)

2000/2001

Fabien Barthez (7.8m)

2001/2002

Luke Steele (500,000)
Laurent Blanc (Free)
Roy Carroll (2.5m)
Juan Veron (28.1m)
Ruud Van Nistelrooy (19.1m)
Diego Forlan (6.9m)
Ricardo (1.5m)

2002/2003

Diego Forlan (6.9m)
Ricardo (1.5m)
Rio Ferdinand, Leeds United (30m)

2003/2004

Liam Miller (Free)
Gabriel Heinze (6.9m)
Alan Smith (7m)
Cristiano Ronaldo (12.2m)
Kleberson (5.93m)
Tim Howard (2.3m)
Eric Djemba-Djemba (3.5m)
David Bellion (2m)
Louis Saha (12.82m)
Dong (500,000)

2004/2005

Wayne Rooney (27m)
Giuseppe Rossi (200,000)

2005/2006

Patrice Evra (5.5m)
Nemanja Vidic (7m)
Ben Foster (1m)
Ji-Sung Park (4m)
Edwin Van Der Sar (2.5m)

2006/2007

Michael Carrick (18.6m)

2007/2008

Carlos Tevez (10m)
Nani (13.5m)
Tomasz Kuszczak (2.5m)
Anderson (15m)
Owen Hargreaves (17m)
Raphael De Silva (2,5m)
Fabio De Silva (2.6m)
Rodrigo Possebon (Undisclosed)
Manucho (Undisclosed)

2008/2009

Dimitar Berbatov (30.75m)
Zoran Tosic (5m)
Ritchie De Laet (Undisclosed)

2009/2010

Paul Pogba (Nominal)
Antonio Valencia (16m)
Michael Owen (Free)
Gabriel Obertan (3m)
Mame Biram Diouf (undisclosed)
Chris Smalling (10m)

2010/2011

Javier Hernandez (7m)
It's hardly a fantasy list of superstars like some want to believe, Fergie seems to be spending in the same way he always has. We all want the Glazer's gone but the transfer argument is %@#$&!s imo.

Unread 10-06-2010, 03:29 AM
ScarFace

And in those years we had the likes of Keane, Beckham, younger scholes/nevilex2/butt/giggs etc so we did not need to buy any more than we did.

Right now we need atleast 3players. We have one decent striker ffs

Gk, sorted

Defence, sorted

Midfield, we need atleast 1

Striker, need two. I'm not counting the spicey new one, he'l be on loan to Preston soon enough.

Cole, Silva, striker. Done.

Berbatov OUT !

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ok fair enough.

Fancy a bum?
sorry, missed this last night.

how are you fixed for tonight, say about 8?

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
True, I saw this posted on another forum the other day when the %@#$&!s about transfers was brought up again.

It's hardly a fantasy list of superstars like some want to believe, Fergie seems to be spending in the same way he always has. We all want the Glazer's gone but the transfer argument is %@#$&!s imo.
i am not one who believes we should be going out every summer trying to spend everything and big star names. i know we shouldnt work like that and united have not in the past
but to compare money spent from as far back as you have shown doesnt really mean anything to whats going on today. we made a profit of 4.2million in 92/93 and then we spent 3.75 on keane.

Unread 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
and there we have it

- Again, totally ignore what I've said and put your own slant on it so it somehow makes you 'right'.I said the squad needs investment.99% of people on here would agree that we need a creative midfielder and a forward.Do you agree?Yes or no? If not, what happens when Rooney gets a knock/ban/season ending injury? Who's the prolific scorer we have waiting in the wings?

the real problem with the type of %@#$&!s you've posted though is the one that has been repeatedly highlighted by myself and others, namely that what the likes of you think the team needs is not in any way shape or form a credible statement of fact. therefore it cannot be the basis on which to judge the availability or otherwise of transfer funds
. -Course it's %@#$&!s, you didn't post it or agree with it.You're the only person who is qualified enough to talk about the state (or non-state as you'd have us believe) of the club.And, again, ignore the bit where I said "We'll know for sure at the end of the transfer window if we had the cash or not".I'm not one of these posters that wants 3 £40m players brought in yesterday, and that's why I'm happy to wait before giving a definitive judgement on if we have cash or not.We need to invest (forgetting Smalling et al), it's as simple as that.Put a £#%&!ing poll up and see who wnts us to strengthen against those that don't.

i'll ignore your oft repeated third hand ITK shite as well if it's all the same to you.I dont give a £#%&! tbh.Just telling people the information I, and others have heard.

Rather than have a reasoned debate, you lob around insults like a snotty nosed, spoilt brat "Im right, and that's it!".Grow up ffs.
And Alan -

Unread 10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
redloner

As has been mentioned ad nauseum over the last few years, the money spent on transfers does not indicate the financial situation at the club.

Last week's quarterly accounts show United had £95m in the bank on 31 March 2010.

They could spend £50m next week. All that proves is they've spent £50m.

They could have lifted the whole £95m on 1 April and we wouldn't know about it for months.

They could spend £50m of the new overdraft and leave the £95m in the bank until after the year end, 30 June.

They could use £10m in cash and structure the other £40m over a three year period.

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
and there we have it

- Again, totally ignore what I've said and put your own slant on it so it somehow makes you 'right'.I said the squad needs investment.99% of people on here would agree that we need a creative midfielder and a forward.Do you agree?Yes or no? If not, what happens when Rooney gets a knock/ban/season ending injury? Who's the prolific scorer we have waiting in the wings?

-Course it's %@#$&!s, you didn't post it or agree with it.You're the only person who is qualified enough to talk about the state (or non-state as you'd have us believe) of the club.And, again, ignore the bit where I said "We'll know for sure at the end of the transfer window if we had the cash or not".I'm not one of these posters that wants 3 £40m players brought in yesterday, and that's why I'm happy to wait before giving a definitive judgement on if we have cash or not.We need to invest (forgetting Smalling et al), it's as simple as that.Put a £#%&!ing poll up and see who wnts us to strengthen against those that don't.

i'll ignore your oft repeated third hand ITK shite as well if it's all the same to you.I dont give a £#%&! tbh.Just telling people the information I, and others have heard.

Rather than have a reasoned debate, you lob around insults like a snotty nosed, spoilt brat "Im right, and that's it!".Grow up ffs.

what a steaming pile of shite

won't bother picking it apart. the bit about
Quote:
We need to invest (forgetting Smalling et al)
sums up the current debate - and your position in it.

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:37 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Panorama Tomorrow

Quote:

what a steaming pile of shite

won't bother picking it apart. the bit about sums up the current debate - and your position in it.

What a steaming pile of shit

(brilliant.)

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
TT you are throwing in your usual drivel.

The argument is not about our lack of incoming transfers, it is about the fact if we had NOT sold the best player in the world last season the club would have made a huge loss.

Do you honestly think the @#%&! family have a sustainable business model?
Yeah, but he does dismiss everyone else's concerns with such brilliant debating skills (i.e "You talk shit, I don't.The end.").

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
TT you are throwing in your usual drivel.

The argument is not about our lack of incoming transfers, it is about the fact if we had NOT sold the best player in the world last season the club would have made a huge loss.

Do you honestly think the @#%&! family have a sustainable business model?
Nob you are throwing in your usual drivel.

This argument is clearly about investment in the team.

Unread 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yeah, but he does dismiss everyone else's concerns with such brilliant debating skills (i.e "You talk shit, I don't.The end.").
deary me

go and make yourself a cup of tea or something ffs

give your pretty little head a rest

Unread 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
How can you invest in a team if you need to sell to stay afloat?

Now answer my original question. Do you believe the @#%&! fanily's business plan is viable?

You always seem to dodge that question.....
you say they need to sell to stay afloat

but that doesn't make it true.

it should also be acknowledged that Ronaldo was worth nothing like £80m in 2005.

as for the type of business model that has seen the glazers claim ownership of United, i've been a critic of it for probably 25 years now, since personal experience politicised me. hth.

Unread 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM
RedMenace

He's been around for years Sven he's not a Glazer stooge, he just has his own unique views!

Unread 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
No reply yet TT?
Quote:
No reply yet TT?
sorry nobby, got distracted

right what were you saying again?

ah yeah that was it, you aren't interested in why the glazers were able to claim ownership of united. and yet you do seem interested that they seemingly (unsurprisingly) raised their initial capital investment by borrowing from the industry that sucks our blood through them. anyway...

the Ronaldo sale was part of the team strategy. Ferguson didn't want him to leave but accepted that it was inevitable that he would. you can argue all you like about cooking the books or balancing this and that. ultimately it comes down to a coincidence. whether you paint that as a happy one or not for one party or another is up to you. it's pretty £#%&!ing irrelevant though. in the past two 5 windows (inc. this one so far) United have 'spent' about 70m and recouped about 90m. the overall post 2005 FA Cup final picture on transfers is that net spend is minimal and that the wage bill is just about being held in check, obscene though the sums are.

Unread 10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
believe

Quote:
sorry nobby, got distracted

right what were you saying again?

ah yeah that was it, you aren't interested in why the glazers were able to claim ownership of united. and yet you do seem interested that they seemingly (unsurprisingly) raised their initial capital investment by borrowing from the industry that sucks our blood through them. anyway...

the Ronaldo sale was part of the team strategy. Ferguson didn't want him to leave but accepted that it was inevitable that he would. you can argue all you like about cooking the books or balancing this and that. ultimately it comes down to a coincidence. whether you paint that as a happy one or not for one party or another is up to you. it's pretty £#%&!ing irrelevant though. in the past two 5 windows (inc. this one so far) United have 'spent' about 70m and recouped about 90m. the overall post 2005 FA Cup final picture on transfers is that net spend is minimal and that the wage bill is just about being held in abeyance, obscene though the sums are.
this is why we'll never get rid of the glazers. there's 1000's more like this @#%&!.

Unread 10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
this is why we'll never get rid of the glazers. there's 1000's more like this @#%&!.
oh hey up, giro day is it
Closed Thread