United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Gizza

Default Roy Keane

loved the guy as a player and he's just shoved it right up the media love in of arsenal.

Asked by interviewer is there any team better than arsenal :

'Yes, just the one'

(yes he did mean united, the interviewer asked)

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

he meant Celtic

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
koppas

City.

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Rhodzy

Is this the BBC or sky interview?

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:20 PM
waynes ear's

FC

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
FC

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

It was just played on 5 live.

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

Either way it'll be edited & never shown again.

Is it actually possible for Arsenal to win a £#%&!ing game of football without the now customary "Is this THE greatest team ever!??!" style gushing from the press?

It's only the first week of October & already they're better than 70s Ajax & DEFINITELY the best side in Premiership history...largely off the back of beating Derby, Portsmouth & Sunderland at home.

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Is it actually possible for Arsenal to win a £#%&!ing game of football without the now customary "Is this THE greatest team ever!??!" style gushing from the press?

It's only the first week of October & already they're better than 70s Ajax & DEFINITELY the best side in Premiership history...largely off the back of beating Derby, Portsmouth & Sunderland at home.
True, summariser from 5 live was comapring them to the team that didn't loose a league game back in 03/04 who of course are the greatest team ever (but lost more times that season then our treble winners).

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Coracao

if hargreaves plays, i am very confident of a win there

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Yes it is. Don't buy the papers. Don't read the papers. Don't listen to pundits/commentators talking about them.

Follow these simple rules and all your fretting will be a thing of the past.

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

Keano = Legend.

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Yes it is. Don't buy the papers. Don't read the papers. Don't listen to pundits/commentators talking about them.

Follow these simple rules and all your fretting will be a thing of the past.
We can't keep having this debate!

Honestly I very rarely buy a newspaper...although if there's one lying around I'll have a read.
I watch (listen to) all the same programmes that clearly most on here do..& nothing more!
SkySportsNews, MOTD, Football Focus....TalkSport.
It's hard to have a love for the game & simply ignore all football media.

And I don't care what anyone says or how paranoid it sounds, Arsenal are maybe (just maybe) even more of a media darling than Liverpool
It's blatant...it's obscene at times. I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger was sleeping with half of Fleet Street.

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Gizza

Quote:

Honestly I very rarely buy a newspaper...although if there's one lying around I'll have a read.
I watch (listen to) all the same programmes that clearly most on here do..& nothing more!

And I don't care what anyone says or how paranoid it sounds, Arsenal are maybe (just maybe) even more of a media darling than Liverpool
It's blatant...it's obscene at times. I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger was sleeping with half of Fleet Street.
You are possibly right there and i think its simply down to them being from London

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Not saying you're not right - you are clearly correct.

But you need to find that off button. Try it

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

london based media, what do you expect

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Not saying you're not right - you are clearly correct.

But you need to find that off button. Try it
I'll try.......I promise not to buy another copy of The Sun until the morning after we go to the Emirates & turn them over. Then I can relax as the abu hacks squirm & trot out their excuses.
Just like the 2-4 massacre in 2005!

Unread 07-10-2007, 05:58 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
True, summariser from 5 live was comapring them to the team that didn't loose a league game back in 03/04 who of course are the greatest team ever (but lost more times that season then our treble winners).
That was a good side far better than this one, they will start dropping points very soon, unless they get gallas back.

Unread 07-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

The goons drew 12 games out of 38 that season and scored 73 goals. They finished on 90pts.

Last season United drew 5 times for 89pts, and scored 83 goals.

Unread 07-10-2007, 06:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
if hargreaves plays, i am very confident of a win there
more chance of Silvestre playing tbh
Closed Thread