United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

So that's Robinson, Berbatov, Lennon, Zakora, Huddlestone and Dawson. Carrick's already here. Maybe we should just move to Tottenham and try and qualify for the Uefa Cup every season.

Unread 27-02-2007, 03:52 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
So that's Robinson, Berbatov, Lennon, Zakora, Huddlestone and Dawson. Carrick's already here. Maybe we should just move to Tottenham and try and qualify for the Uefa Cup every season.
you convieniantly left out your fellow countryman.

Unread 27-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
you convieniantly left out your fellow countryman.
Que?

Unread 27-02-2007, 03:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Considering Spurs are distinctly unimpressive this is odd.

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Considering Spurs are distinctly unimpressive this is odd.
All been touted for United on these here boards in recent times Ant. Jabl. - or the failure to capture them lamented, at least.

Might welcome Lennon out of that lot meself, and even he's not that impressive most of the time.

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
All been touted for United on these here boards in recent times Ant. Jabl. - or the failure to capture them lamented, at least.

Might welcome Lennon out of that lot meself, and even he's not that impressive most of the time.
Oh I know, any half decent performance by a Spurs player on MOTD and there'll be 2 or 3 threads saying we should buy him, it's very odd???

Like you I'd have Lennon, an excellent prospect.

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I always found the Zokora hype a bit strange. Never really that impressed with him in France.

Yaya Toure, on the other hand....

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Ether

Quote:
Oh I know, any half decent performance by a Spurs player on MOTD and there'll be 2 or 3 threads saying we should buy him, it's very odd???
Making things like that up? Yes, very.

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Making things like that up? Yes, very.
Not exactly making up, more exaggerating. Still this place does have a bit of a strange obsession with players from this rather mediocre team. All those mentionedhave been pimped here at one time or another

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not exactly making up, more exaggerating. Still this place does have a bit of a strange obsession with players from this rather mediocre team. All those mentionedhave been pimped here at one time or another
Who the hell has been pimping Robinson?

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:09 PM
TheNew

Agree with Bedders, Berbatov is a decent player but too slow, wouldn't really suit our style of play. He's rather erratic in front of goal from what I've seen as well.

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Who the hell has been pimping Robinson?
There's been a few over the last coupla seasons.

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:12 PM
puressence

£#%&! Him ..he Turned Us Down ..we Have The Dong For Next Season

Unread 27-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I always found the Zokora hype a bit strange. Never really that impressed with him in France.

Yaya Toure, on the other hand....
Good player, destined for le arse though.

Lennons destined for us imo, always been a utd fan too.

Unread 27-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Grimson

He's a lot of fun to watch, but would probably be frustrating to have at United. Sublime touch - might bring a ball down better than anyone else in the Prem. Brings other players into attack well, which might account for his relatively low goal total.

Nobody here has ever pimped Paul Robinson, in fact he gets as much slating as any opposition player.

Unread 27-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's a lot of fun to watch, but would probably be frustrating to have at United. Sublime touch - might bring a ball down better than anyone else in the Prem. Brings other players into attack well, which might account for his relatively low goal total.

Nobody here has ever pimped Paul Robinson, in fact he gets as much slating as any opposition player.
Not sure his goal total is so low considering he's playing in a mid table team in his first season in the premiership.

I think he would be a great option to have with Rooney and Saha and would blossom at United.

(I realise its a mute point as we have no wedge etc)

Unread 27-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Tropical

*opens filing cabinet*

*pulls out file marked, "Berbatov has good game; people suggest we should buy him; it is then pointed out we already tried but he accepted a firm offer from Spurs over a conditional one from United"*

*thinks to self that files need shorter titles*

*puts it back*

Unread 27-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
*opens filing cabinet*

*pulls out file marked, "Berbatov has good game; people suggest we should buy him; it is then pointed out we already tried but he accepted a firm offer from Spurs over a conditional one from United"*

*thinks to self that files need shorter titles*

*puts it back*
I'd change the title to 'Berbatov has impressive first season in new country and turns in a succession of good performances leading to intelligent football watchers to suggest United this time try a firm offer.'

Then again, I think that may be longer...

Unread 27-02-2007, 06:26 PM
1MUFC

No we shouldnt buy him, completely against where the side has been took and is being taken.

Unread 27-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
No we shouldnt buy him, completely against where the side has been took and is being taken.
Newton-le-willows ?
Closed Thread