United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:47 AM
wiganste

Default Rafa's cracking up, Wenger has cracked up

What the £#%&! is this shit he is spouting now?

Quote:
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes Everton can win the Premier League this season. (The Sun)

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think it's great that once again Wenger is as is his way, standing up for the less glamorous but no less worthy PL clubs. Respect to Arsene and respect to Everton's title challenge.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Ginners

arsenal are a joke now tbh, their squad is awful and wenger has proper lost it.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think it's great that once again Wenger is as is his way, standing up for the less glamorous but no less worthy PL clubs. Respect to Arsene and respect to Everton's title challenge.
He's probably bigging them up to motivate them to beat the other vermin so that his team have a better chance of qualifying for the ECL... they're 6 points behind Villa at the mo.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
Rubbish! I see a sustained and devastaing period ahead in which they shall revive their title challenge in Pheonix like fashion.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Arsene Wenger believes there are 'five or six' teams in the Premier League title race and has refused to write off Aston Villa or even Everton.

Arsenal, currently fifth in the table, trail leaders Manchester United by nine points ahead of their trip to Goodison Park on Wednesday evening.

Everton are five points adrift of the Gunners but David Moyes' men have been in fine form in recent weeks.

Wenger has been impressed by the Toffees, and third-placed Aston Villa, and feels it could be difficult for the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.

"There are five or even six teams who could still win the title," Wenger said in The Sun.

"Do not rule out Aston Villa and even Everton. It is much tighter than people think.

"When there are still 16 games to go and we are just four points behind third place, you cannot say that the final positions are already decided.

"Why does everybody think that Chelsea and Liverpool are guaranteed to be in the Champions League next season? I do not understand that.

"Even Manchester United are not certainties. Everyone says they are favourites yet they are not winning 4-0 and 5-0 every week.

"So why should the other teams not have hope of coming back?"
Overshadowed

Arsenal have been pursuing Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin during the transfer window but Wenger denied reports on Tuesday that a fee had been agreed.

The French tactician is more concerned with the players already at his disposal and is confident Arsenal can mount a strong challenge over the coming months.

He said: "I feel it (the Arshavin saga) has overshadowed things, yes, but let's be quiet, focused and continue on.

"Our job is to focus on what we want to achieve.

"We got fair criticism this year, but we have overcome that and we are now hungrier than ever."
5 or 6 teams?

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
5 or 6 teams?
Yup, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:59 AM
denis lawless

he got one of those Essien calculators for christmas didnt he

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:42 PM
dodger

I can't quite understand this Arshavin thing. Apparently he's earning 100k a week, which is a surprise as I'd assumed he wanted premier league cash. Not many clubs will match that for an unknown signing even in our league but he has zero chance of Arsenal even coming close to it so why speak to them? Is there something I'm missing.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I can't quite understand this Arshavin thing. Apparently he's earning 100k a week, which is a surprise as I'd assumed he wanted premier league cash. Not many clubs will match that for an unknown signing even in our league but he has zero chance of Arsenal even coming close to it so why speak to them? Is there something I'm missing.
If he doesn't request a transfer, he'll get a pay off. That could mean he gets his £100K per week again. It's a question really of finding a club who will pay the transfer fee and Wenger is keen to prove he has the balls to buy big.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:51 PM
redman

Quote:
Rubbish! I see a sustained and devastaing period ahead in which they shall revive their title challenge in Pheonix like fashion.
And win the chamoions league and FA Cup, because Wenger believes it so it must be true.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
And win the chamoions league and FA Cup, because Wenger believes it so it must be true.
The question is, Wenger, great manager or greatest manager?

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:53 PM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
On 100K and apparently Arsenal offered him 80K Wenger does not want to break his wage structure, they need to be careful as all their "stars" will want wage increases. Cant stand the £#%&!ers

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:55 PM
redman

Quote:
The question is, Wenger, great manager or greatest manager?
Greatest manager at Arsenal, not the greatest manager to manager in England, not by a long shot.

One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
Yeh i bet they wish they were Tottenham.

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Love

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Love
Bet they do actually. 3rd great manager in a year, best chairman in the country and all the fans favourites they sold are returning. No doubt Spurs are on the up, I can see them sneaking 4th.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:58 PM
redman

Quote:
Bet they do actually. 3rd great manager in a year, best chairman in the country and all the fans favourites they sold are returning. No doubt Spurs are on the up, I can see them sneaking 4th from bottom.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:05 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Bet they do actually. 3rd great manager in a year, best chairman in the country and all the fans favourites they sold are returning. No doubt Spurs are on the up, I can see them sneaking 4th in the Championship next year.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Take this piss if you want but they have easily the best strike pairing in Europe along with a World class backup..
Closed Thread