Unread 25-01-2009, 11:01 PM
wonky no

great player but a greedy lying @#%&!.

Unread 25-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
you are forgetting Landon Donovan ffs!!
I assume you were being sarcastic, but did you know he's currently scoring for fun for Bayern? Looks like he will join them on a permanent move.

Unread 25-01-2009, 11:42 PM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Good observation that. It was very similar apart from he was on the edge of the 18 yard box back in 99, oh and he also hit it a lot higher, oh and he hit it across Ian Walker into the top left of the net as he was looking....

Apart from that your observation is spot on.

PS - Think he'd have to admit he dropped a %@#$&! spending 2 years in LA.

haha peas you got nailed

Unread 25-01-2009, 11:49 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
that's city's first-team squad.
Very good

Unread 26-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I disagree. History will show a player who was over-hyped. He was benched at United, when we sold him he was mainly bought for his image rights as was admitted by Real Madrid. He was benched there and then went to LA Galaxy. He's gone on loan to AC Milan. He needs to stay in the first team and stay permanently.

In purely football terms, there are loads of players who have had better ones. RVN for one. There are loads more too.
Sorry Sniffer - that's pretty much complete horseshit

Unread 26-01-2009, 03:25 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Would love to see him have one more game with us.
Me too..

Unread 28-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Pop

Seems the penny has dropped and he's realised what an utter arse he/she made of his career since he forced a move away from Utd...

Quote:
David Beckham admits he is torn between returning to Los Angeles Galaxy and signing a permanent deal at AC Milan.

The England international has proved a revelation since arriving in Italy from Galaxy on a short-term loan that is due to expire in March.

Beckham, who hoped to reignite his international aspirations with a move to Serie A, has already done enough to convince the Rossoneri he is worth keeping on a permanent basis.

Galaxy have repeatedly stated they have no interest in releasing Beckham from his commitment to them but the player has hinted his long-term future could lie in Italy.

"To play here is the dream of any player," said Beckham in an interview with
Corriere della Sera. "But deciding is not easy, it's a situation that requires time.

"I am under contract and I have a lot of respect for Galaxy.

"But the possibility to play at Milan proves the level and reputation of their football. The league in the USA is young. I think 10 years have to go by to achieve results."

Beckham knew the level of competition would be nowhere near as good as Europe when he moved to America, but he insists he does not regret his decision.

"I have to admit that, having played in Europe, at times it has been frustrating to take part in certain games (in America)," he said. "But once in a while, going from state to state, I have also had fun."

The 33-year-old, whose wife Victoria and three children are back in the United States, first joined Milan to improve his chances of playing for England again.

But his stay in Italy has also made him feel nostalgia for past glories.

"I feel Milan is very similar to Manchester United," he said. "It has that kind of tradition that only great clubs have.

"Milan, just like at United, you breathe a particular atmosphere, whether it's in the training ground or the stadium. And then Milan has that trophy room - this makes you feel special."

Silvio Berlusconi, the Milan owner, coach Carlo Ancelotti and team-mates like Brazil midfielder Kaka have spoken of their great admiration for Beckham and said they would like him to remain.

The former Real Madrid star has been pleasantly surprised by how quickly he has adapted to Serie A.

"At times you need weeks or even months to understand how a team plays and trains," he said.

"I have to say that many people have done a lot of work to make me feel at home, I have been welcomed with open arms.

"I knew Serie A was very strong tournament tactically. I have learnt a lot from Fabio Capello who coached me at Real Madrid. From him, I learnt organisation and discipline. Now Capello is exporting all of this to the England national team."

His good performances for AC Milan may well open the door for Beckham's return to the national team.

"I advised (AC Milan owner Silvio) Berlusconi to get him and I will see him play against Genoa," said Capello in a television interview with
Italia 1.

"He (Beckham) will have to thank the Rossoneri if he gets a call-up to the national team because they are letting him play.

"Tactically he is very strong and he is a serious professional."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...861804,00.html
Closed Thread