United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He has had one hell of a career, despite that bitch and LA.
I disagree. History will show a player who was over-hyped. He was benched at United, when we sold him he was mainly bought for his image rights as was admitted by Real Madrid. He was benched there and then went to LA Galaxy. He's gone on loan to AC Milan. He needs to stay in the first team and stay permanently.

In purely football terms, there are loads of players who have had better ones. RVN for one. There are loads more too.

Unread 25-01-2009, 07:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I disagree. History will show a player who was over-hyped. He was benched at United, when we sold him he was mainly bought for his image rights as was admitted by Real Madrid. He was benched there and then went to LA Galaxy. He's gone on loan to AC Milan. He needs to stay in the first team and stay permanently.

In purely football terms, there are loads of players who have had better ones. RVN for one. There are loads more too.
You're a bitter, bitter man.

Unread 25-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Maldini
Seedorf
Gattuso
Nesta

Zambrotta
Kaka
Ronaldinho
Pirlo
Shevchenko
Casillas
Cannavaro
Ronaldo
Zidane
Figo
Raul

Carlos
Stam
Ferdinand
Van Nistelrooy
Scholes
Keane
Giggs

Yorke
Rooney
Gerrard
Owen
Shearer
Gascoigne
Cantona

Sheringham
Solskjaer
Hughes
Ince

And more i presume.
I've put in bold the ones better than Beckham. David May has a pretty good one too. So does Heinze, Silvestre, RVN, Decco I could go on all night.

Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
In purely football terms, there are loads of players who have had better ones. RVN for one

Don't chat utter £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. He won 1 league title in 5 years here. Beckham won 6.

Spiffy

Quote:
You're a bitter, bitter man.
You're a sycophant.

Unread 25-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Don't chat utter £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. He won 1 league title in 5 years here. Beckham won 6.
Oh come now, how many of those were down to having Cantona and Schmeichel in the team? We had Keane in his prime and RVN had to play with shite like the Djemba twins, Miller, Bellion and loads of shite keepers. You can't possibly compare.

Did Beckham win the league at Real without RVN's goals? I'm not sure if they won it the year before RVN arrived but they didn't win it for years even with the mighty Beckham. He's also been England captain for years and been shit in every tournament.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Cantona 2 - He was virtually done in in the second one of those as well, carried by Beckham et al. There's not a prayer we'd have won the treble without Beckham, simple.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Cantona 2 - He was virtually done in in the second one of those as well, carried by Beckham et al. There's not a prayer we'd have won the treble without Beckham, simple.

He was exceptional in 1999. The difference between then and most of his last couple of seasons was like watching a player who had had a major injury a la Alan Smith. It was like he was a different player. For United at the very least.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
You're a sycophant.
Why is that then.

Anybody whose whole existence is not shrouded in bitterness can see that David Beckham as had a fantastic career. There are many, many more talented players who achieved £#%&! all in comparison to him, he took what he had and made the most of it through hard work and as a result has played alongside a large portion of the great players of his era, for 3 of the tops clubs in history and won vast amounts of silverware.

No, wait a minute, he's actually a shit @#%&! who let himself down and is an abject failure as a footballer and a man.

:shakehead: I pity you, you sad little man.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Sniff, I'm a Sniffer fan, but that's poor.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Why is that then.

Anybody whose whole existence is not shrouded in bitterness can see that David Beckham as had a fantastic career. There are many, many more talented players who achieved £#%&! all in comparison to him, he took what he had and made the most of it through hard work and as a result has played alongside a large portion of the great players of his era, for 3 of the tops clubs in history and won vast amounts of silverware.

No, wait a minute, he's actually a shit @#%&! who let himself down and is an abject failure as a footballer and a man.

:shakehead: I pity you, you sad little man.
I'm not bitter about £#%&! all. He was a good player but has not done anything like enough to deserve this kind of thread 5 years after he left us. McManaman won 2 EC's, Beckham 1. Beckham had some fantastic performances and has played for some big clubs but people like you seem to put him up there with the likes of Cantona, Ronaldo (both), Zidane, Rivaldo etc. He's not. Talent wise, he was no better than Carrick or Hargreaves. Not a patch on Keane, Vieira, Gerrard etc.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:34 PM
History

Would love to see him have one more game with us.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'm not bitter about £#%&! all. He was a good player but has not done anything like enough to deserve this kind of thread 5 years after he left us. McManaman won 2 EC's, Beckham 1. Beckham had some fantastic performances and has played for some big clubs but people like you seem to put him up there with the likes of Cantona, Ronaldo (both), Zidane, Rivaldo etc. He's not. Talent wise, he was no better than Carrick or Hargreaves. Not a patch on Keane, Vieira, Gerrard etc.
I didn't put him up anywhere, I just said he has had a hell of a career, which he has, you disagreed. Now I have yet to see any sense in anything you have written that would suggest that he hasn't had a hell of a career.

The reason I call you bitter is that you have jumped on this thread and gone off, half #@&%!ed, at me, gone on and on about better players, better careers as if you just had to vent your spleen against Beckham. Sad really.

There are few players that have come through the ranks at United and had a better career, not been a better player, but had a better career.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

absolutely fantastic player for United and England: technically sublime, he won matches, wore his heart on his sleeve and gave everything for the team.

has gone on to play for two of the other greatest teams in the world and been fully accepted by the great players he played with, and continues to play with.

if ever there is a true role model for hard work, family life and clean living as a grounding for success then Beckham is that man.

Unread 25-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
I didn't put him up anywhere, I just said he has had a hell of a career, which he has, you disagreed. Now I have yet to see any sense in anything you have written that would suggest that he hasn't had a hell of a career.

The reason I call you bitter is that you have jumped on this thread and gone off, half #@&%!ed, at me, gone on and on about better players, better careers as if you just had to vent your spleen against Beckham. Sad really.

There are few players that have come through the ranks at United and had a better career, not been a better player, but had a better career.
I'm not venting my spleen. You're the one losing your rag and getting personal. It's all about opinions FFS. You need to chill and stop taking people's on players personally. It'll do you no good you know.

Unread 25-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Kaka obviously gutted he didn't move

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2008571/

Unread 25-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Tronics

good goal that.

Unread 25-01-2009, 10:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Talent wise, he was no better than Carrick or Hargreaves. Not a patch on Keane, Vieira, Gerrard etc.
vieira more talented than carrick? yeah, alright.

Unread 25-01-2009, 10:20 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

one of my all time favourite united players
he did and still does love the club and thats always good to have in the team.
he and his wife get a lot of stick but the amount of work they do for charity and that puts most other celeb couples to shame
he would be in my best united eleven i've seen as well

Unread 25-01-2009, 10:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
he would be in my best united eleven i've seen as well
He's in Scholesy's, Eric, Rooney and Ronaldo aren't though.
Closed Thread