United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2009, 10:58 AM
dunk

I bow to your greater judgement, you obviously both study the London based clubs, me, I've seen Chelsea on 6 occasions this season, Arsenal, United (twice), Roma, Westam and City, and he was good in the City game, anonymous in the rest, if he even played in them, so that is all I can base my judgement on, I'm afraid.

Unread 28-01-2009, 10:59 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I did and stand by it, he might be player of the season. Completely outshone Frank Lampard a coupla weeks back for example .
but giggs is playing abit like vasell.

shining in is one game per month where as lampard is putting in a good shift every single game. if not for him chelsea would be in a uefa cup spot.

giggs is a great player though and has been very good in central midfield lately.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman

shining in is one game per month where as lampard is putting in a good shift every single game. if not for him chelsea would be in a uefa cup spot.

giggs is a great player though and has been very good in central midfield lately.
I think that's not right, he's been excellent in every game he's played recently. Anyway, as I say, I was only saying might and i'm not that arsed about some Chelsea player he completely dominated a coupla eweeks back.

Unread 28-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Mr_Ed

Giggles can't play every game cos he's 35 and recovery takes a lot longer at that age. Fergal is keeping him fresh but you have to admit that when he plays he's been doing the business...

Against Chelsea I was mortified that he started and Carrick was on the bench but, once again, the Wiz played the squad rotation thing perfectly.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Wash your mouth out with soap : no comparison ( on so many levels ) !

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:21 PM
magic_cantona

In the games he's played centrally, several have been a real masterclass.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:31 PM
carlosartorial

1st half last night Giggs was tremendous.

Vidic has been outstanding since Christmas. Leading the defence and scoring a couple too.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:43 PM
dodger

Quote:
Playing superbly at the moment.
What are his stats though?

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
agreed.

its amazing how lampard can be so consistent and stay fit for majority of every season on the bounce.

tremendous player.
I don't think they take fitness into account when choosing player of the year

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
What are his stats though?
I'll tell you if it suits my point.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:50 PM
History

I think they might make up an award for giggs this year. It's bound to happen.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Baron

Giggs pissed me off for months with his wayward passing & consistent ability to throw his hands up & turn around to appeal rather than play to the whistle. Somehow he appears to have reversed all of that in the last few months - since Chelsea in all honesty - and got into some real form.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Pete's Shoes

Would agree with Vidic but defenders rarely win these things. Lampard or Gerrard will probably win it.

Unread 28-01-2009, 12:58 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Would agree with Vidic but defenders rarely win these things. Lampard or Gerrard will probably win it.
Does anybody, apart from the players, actually give a £#%&! about this? I know I don't.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:00 PM
BallroomBlitzer

Vidic has scored 6 this season i think, tremendous.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallroomBlitzer
Vidic has scored 6 this season i think, tremendous.
Yeah well Giggs has 1.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Tiberian

Giggs has been good all season, seemed content to be playing in cameo roles and the Cup games, and was making contributions in every game. Last month or 2 he has been back into the first team and he has been quite superb, giving us drive and penetration through the middle of the pitch. He will always make the odd careless pass but he is so creative that he makes up for it. Leads Utd in assists this season even with his limited playing time, and the added threat he gives us from the centre of the pitch is huge.

He will not play enough to be in the reckoning for the main individual awards but his ability level is still amongst the elite, not just in the domestic game but world wide.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Giggs has been good all season, seemed content to be playing in cameo roles and the Cup games, and was making contributions in every game. Last month or 2 he has been back into the first team and he has been quite superb, giving us drive and penetration through the middle of the pitch. He will always make the odd careless pass but he is so creative that he makes up for it. Leads Utd in assists this season even with his limited playing time, and the added threat he gives us from the centre of the pitch is huge.

He will not play enough to be in the reckoning for the main individual awards but his ability level is still amongst the elite, not just in the domestic game but world wide.
assists mean nothing in the modern game.

He's 2nd anyway in this irrelevant stat.

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
assists mean nothing in the modern game.

He's 2nd anyway in this irrelevant stat.
Yes we should judge him on goals instead, 0 in the league

Unread 28-01-2009, 01:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes we should judge him on goals instead, 0 in the league
Proving my point completely wrong, he has in fact been rubbish.

Apologies for lying about him.
Closed Thread