United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:05 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

He's got the emotional balance of a not very mature 12 year old. Having a stuffed toy placed with a photographer just in case he scored. Can only imagine how that would have gone down in the days of Keane, Rooney, etc.

I would ask why we didn't do more diligence but our manager had already worked with hm for several years
That toy must have been gathering dust all season. Imagine him retrieving it after every game after delivering another steaming turd of a performance.

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:31 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
I think he started crying.

His head’s all over the shop.
Are we still talking about Antony?

Unread 28-04-2024, 04:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

He's got the emotional balance of a not very mature 12 year old. Having a stuffed toy placed with a photographer just in case he scored. Can only imagine how that would have gone down in the days of Keane, Rooney, etc.

I would ask why we didn't do more diligence but our manager had already worked with hm for several years
Honestly, I couldn't really give a £#%&!. Yes it's a bit silly but he scored what should have been the winner, seizing on a loose ball and busting a gut to make sure he scored. I'm not a fan of his at all but for once I think he deserved praise, cringeworthy celebration or not.

Unread 28-04-2024, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

His behaviour against Coventry last weekend was still pretty classless though.

If a city or Vermin player had done that, we would have utterly excoriated them and rightly so.

Unread 28-04-2024, 07:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post

If a city or Vermin player had done that, we would have utterly excoriated them and rightly so.
Absolute %@#$&!s.....

Given grief all game and their playing cupped his ears after his pen....

£#%&! them.....

JCL, flag waving, stay for ages afterwards , live and die in that town, attendance halfed at home bastards ....

It's getting offended for likes....

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:04 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post

To be honest unless a player physically assaults someone, or does something genuinely perverse, I could not give one single £#%&! how they choose to celebrate.

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:05 PM
armchair

Can't fault his work rate. If he had been 30-50 million, he'd have a (larger) cult following.

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:06 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
To be honest unless a player physically assaults someone, or does something genuinely perverse, I could not give one single £#%&! how they choose to celebrate.
So here you're saying that you do give a £#%&!?

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
So here you're saying that you do give a £#%&!?
If they physically assault someone, or do something genuinely perverse. Not sure why you struggled with that but I hope I’ve helped clear it up.

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:08 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
If they physically assault someone, or do something genuinely perverse. Not sure why you struggled with that but I hope I’ve helped clear it up.
He's done both those things though. I thought that's what you meant. Or do you mean just in the act of celebrating?

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:09 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He's done both those things though. I thought that's what you meant.
I must have missed the celebration where he physically assaulted someone, or did something genuinely perverse.

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:19 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I must have missed the celebration where he physically assaulted someone, or did something genuinely perverse.
You didn't make it clear that you meant he'd done those things in his celebration of a goal rather than just in general.

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You didn't make it clear that you meant he'd done those things in his celebration of a goal rather than just in general.
Ok

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:30 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
He's done both those things though. I thought that's what you meant. Or do you mean just in the act of celebrating?
When has he done these things then?

Unread 28-04-2024, 08:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Can't fault his work rate. If he had been 30-50 million, he'd have a (larger) cult following.
This is true.....

Also feel.he was wrongly slatec in season 1 by the UK press and many many reds jumped fully into it...it was perversely OTT...

Poor season in the whole, very good v Burnley / when he gets a run in the team / 90 mins....

His work rate and desire to the badge is second to none...

Quote:
Ok

Unread 28-04-2024, 09:15 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rimmer View Post
When has he done these things then?
I don't have the dates Hans.

Unread 28-04-2024, 11:15 PM
armchair

The guy could be a world class fullback.

Unread 29-04-2024, 03:50 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
The guy could be a world class fullback.
Yes. Left back.

Unread 30-04-2024, 09:47 AM
Whip Hubley

not a bad shout tbf. may as well try him there or otherwise lose about £50m on him

Unread 30-04-2024, 09:55 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
not a bad shout tbf. may as well try him there or otherwise lose about £50m on him
Way too much of an ego for him to even contemplate moving back there. Did you see him be a grumpy @#%&! when he had to do it against the scousers in the cup for about 15 minutes? Hate him.