United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Default Stabilise the ship

Right. We need to do that.

5 at the back until the international break

Lindelof next to Casemiro until we buy a midfielder.

Mount OR Bruno. We can’t have both.

Rashford off the left, Pellestri off the right and a.n.other as a 9.

Wish Weghorst was still here.

Otherwise we will have 4 or 6 points after 4 games and be 6 points behind some teams already.

Teams will be watching us and banging up the price like a Turkish taxi driver at the CL final.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:33 PM
AK14

Sign a first team midfielder and striker.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Wish Weghorst was still here.
What difference would he have made today?

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:37 PM
Ethers

I’m not sure going 5 at the back against Forest at home is going to solve any of our problems tbf.

It’s a nice fixture to get back on track tbh. We can’t start the same 11 again though, surely.

Sancho deserves a start, looked bright both times he’s come on, and Pellestri too tbf. Midfield feels a bit iffy but I’m not sure what he can really do without massively changing the way he wants us to play, or getting another midfielder in.

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Ships stabilise once they sink, better to play the percentages

Unread 19-08-2023, 07:40 PM
larry

Quote:
5 at the back until the international break

Lindelof next to Casemiro until we buy a midfielder.
onana
wan varane someone martinez shaw
lindelof casemiro

?

Unread 19-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

ETH has a decision to make. Bull up the CM some how or stick with what he’s doing and bending the tactics do Bruno and mount can play in the same team.

Think he needs to drop Antony shift mount to the right and as shit as The Scottish Player is or even bring Eriksen next to Casemiro.

Obviously with this , we get a shit player in The Scottish Player or an Eriksen who looks off it , playing to 30+ players in CM and Eriksen so is a lightweight 10 by trade won’t be the best idea.

We have snot ourselves in the foot , should have signed a CM first then gone after mount. No point having him in the team if there’s no midfield to control or dictate play when he can be brought into play in that final third .

Sign a CM. Hope Hojlund hits the ground running. We have one CF in hojlund. Rashford martial etc are just not CFs and have shown time and again they can’t play down the middle.

Sticking rashford to the left may be a good start as he is a good player when he is on the left. Maybe something like
Onana
AWB varane Martinez shaw
Eriksen Casemiro
Mount. Bruno. Rashford
Martial

When hojlund comes back replace him for martial and if they sign a CM bench eriksen.

Something has to give . They’ve signed a player they have to shoehorn in .

Unread 19-08-2023, 08:06 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
ETH has a decision to make. Bull up the CM some how or stick with what he’s doing and bending the tactics do Bruno and mount can play in the same team.

Think he needs to drop Antony shift mount to the right and as shit as The Scottish Player is or even bring Eriksen next to Casemiro.

Obviously with this , we get a shit player in The Scottish Player or an Eriksen who looks off it , playing to 30+ players in CM and Eriksen so is a lightweight 10 by trade won’t be the best idea.

We have snot ourselves in the foot , should have signed a CM first then gone after mount. No point having him in the team if there’s no midfield to control or dictate play when he can be brought into play in that final third .

Sign a CM. Hope Hojlund hits the ground running. We have one CF in hojlund. Rashford martial etc are just not CFs and have shown time and again they can’t play down the middle.

Sticking rashford to the left may be a good start as he is a good player when he is on the left. Maybe something like
Onana
AWB varane Martinez shaw
Eriksen Casemiro
Mount. Bruno. Rashford
Martial

When hojlund comes back replace him for martial and if they sign a CM bench eriksen.

Something has to give . They’ve signed a player they have to shoehorn in .
was this post written by a brain-dead #@&%!?

Unread 19-08-2023, 08:24 PM
ryanMUFC

Try a different starting line up?

Think about benching the player we just paid £60m for?

Try someone else on the right instead of a player we paid £90m for?

See if we can scrape together a few quid for that cheap fella from Serie A that no other big teams are in for.

Play Rashford in his preferred position.

Unread 19-08-2023, 08:49 PM
jem

he's a bit £#%&!ed, given the squad available, because we don't have good defensive midfield options. this is the result of buying a player we didn't need and leaving the purchase of players we do need to be reliant on sales of players who no one else can afford to buy, given their wages. it's all totally predictable.

we need to buy.

in the meantime, he needs to bulk out backside of the midfield a bit and tell them to £#%&!ing stay put. it's bad enough we only have cass in a deeper role, but we cannot have him waltzing into the opposition penalty area.

sancho played well today. actually, nacho did ok (compared to monday). even antony hit a post. but we cannot play a weak midfield (cass solo) and overload the edge of their box and expect any kind of consistent result.

we've gone from being a team that plays on the break to a team that defends on the break - and we're not quick enough to get back.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a bit £#%&!ed, given the squad available, because we don't have good defensive midfield options. this is the result of buying a player we didn't need and leaving the purchase of players we do need to be reliant on sales of players who no one else can afford to buy, given their wages. it's all totally predictable.

we need to buy.

in the meantime, he needs to bulk out backside of the midfield a bit and tell them to £#%&!ing stay put. it's bad enough we only have cass in a deeper role, but we cannot have him waltzing into the opposition penalty area.

sancho played well today. actually, nacho did ok (compared to monday). even antony hit a post. but we cannot play a weak midfield (cass solo) and overload the edge of their box and expect any kind of consistent result.

we've gone from being a team that plays on the break to a team that defends on the break - and we're not quick enough to get back.
Shaw in midfield? Interesting option.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:32 PM
magic_cantona

Amrabat in midfield, alongside Casemiro would be a brilliant signing and give us a lot more stability and options.

Sadly, it looks like 35m just won't be available thanks to our wonderful owners.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Amrabat in midfield, alongside Casemiro would be a brilliant signing and give us a lot more stability and options.
are you loving this?

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:15 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Sadly, it looks like 35m just won't be available thanks to our wonderful owners.
Jesus dude, pump your brakes bro.

The game is barely 3 hrs over and you’re gleefully leaping around like a 17yr old Irish American on st Patrick’s day.

Calm your farm Chieftain.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:34 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
are you loving this?
Quote:
Jesus dude, pump your brakes bro.

The game is barely 3 hrs over and you’re gleefully leaping around like a 17yr old Irish American on st Patrick’s day.

Calm your farm Chieftain.
WUMs Assemble!!

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:43 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
WUMs Assemble!!
I think we’ve all had a drink….

Unread 19-08-2023, 11:03 PM
armchair

Quote:
WUMs Assemble!!
If you are wound up with people disagreeing with you then I don't know what to tell you.

Unread 19-08-2023, 11:24 PM
My Name is Heath

We’d all like a new midfielder but I’m thinking what do we do with the tools at our disposal.

Just think we need to stiffen things up - oooo-errr missus - over the next couple of games.

Forest SHOULD be ok - SHOULD - but we must avoid a battering at the Arse.

We need to play Maguire, and The Scottish Player instead of Mount/Anthony

It’s just for one game. We must not lose.

Unread 19-08-2023, 11:39 PM
jem

I don't think the quiggler is a wum. I think he's actually certifiable.

Unread 19-08-2023, 11:47 PM
westcoastvan

Midfields been touched on this forum a thousand times so...

Forward line:

Rashford on the left, we've already had two mangers (Ole, Rangnick) attempt to mould him into a number 9.....didn't work....doubt it will work this time.

The options for the club aren't great...I hate to say this...but if Marital can stay fit...give him a go, maybe he can refind his form and start scoring goals again.
Closed Thread