United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-12-2023, 12:27 AM
Jack Duckworth

Just shit. Really £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:02 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
First three you get every season.
we seem to get all of them.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:28 AM
Denis Irwell

Erik has made some odd decisions but unfortunately, managers don’t have a lot of clout with @#%&!ish players, protected by their contracts. Every manager since saf has been criticised for standing up to players, who are aided and abetted by this toxic ownership. Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole, the German and now ETH. I think a pattern is emerging here.
While the owners ignore matters on the pitch and focus solely on the bottom line, and £#%&! of with a billion in the bank, managers will never have leverage with players. That is what enables players to do as they please, as we’ve seen with Pogba, Lingard, Martia, Varane, etc. As for Rashford… played shit all season until it got to contract time and came good for a few months. As soon as he renewed, made Martial look industrious. Absolute #@&%!. His Wilmslow/Rolls pic just about sums him up. Totally in a self-entitled world of his own and now wilfully strolling around like Pogba, Martial, Lingard etc before him. Local lad, too. I wonder how Bruno feels after seeing him today after trying to boost his confidence by gifting him a pen the other day? Good job he doesn’t still live in Withy, he’d soon have his confidence adjusted. Not saying ETH gets a pass here but every manager has been subjected to this shit by these @#%&!s. Just hope Jim stands by whoever the manager is and puts a stop to this.
To think, Maguire has shown this set @#%&!s for what they are.

Unread 03-12-2023, 01:31 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But *why* is there such a contrast between our PL and CL goal scoring exploits?

Its surely at least a question worth asking.
the reason we can swing from a basketball type match like galatasaray, when we were creating and conceding chances for fun...to 4 days later being unable to have a sniff at goal is because:

drum roll

we are poorly coached.

essentially, we play every game on the opposition's terms. we very very rarely are in control of a match from start to finish. we don't have any coherent structure or patterns of play to fall back on.

it's like we just turn up and play. there is no consistency from game to game

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:30 AM
Sparky***

Absolutely sick to death of these predictable gutless no-shows any time they play a team who aren’t totally hopeless.

How are we here? The £#%&!ing money we’ve shelled out in the last 5 years. Jesus wept.

How are there 8 players who played in Ole’s last game at Watford where he got sacked, starting that game tonight? Just £#%&!ing how?

Unread 03-12-2023, 02:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Missed it tonight.

Thank goodness.

Sounds horrific.

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Erik has made some odd decisions but unfortunately, managers don’t have a lot of clout with @#%&!ish players, protected by their contracts. Every manager since saf has been criticised for standing up to players, who are aided and abetted by this toxic ownership. Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole, the German and now ETH. I think a pattern is emerging here.
While the owners ignore matters on the pitch and focus solely on the bottom line, and £#%&! of with a billion in the bank, managers will never have leverage with players. That is what enables players to do as they please, as we’ve seen with Pogba, Lingard, Martia, Varane, etc. As for Rashford… played shit all season until it got to contract time and came good for a few months. As soon as he renewed, made Martial look industrious. Absolute #@&%!. His Wilmslow/Rolls pic just about sums him up. Totally in a self-entitled world of his own and now wilfully strolling around like Pogba, Martial, Lingard etc before him. Local lad, too. I wonder how Bruno feels after seeing him today after trying to boost his confidence by gifting him a pen the other day? Good job he doesn’t still live in Withy, he’d soon have his confidence adjusted. Not saying ETH gets a pass here but every manager has been subjected to this shit by these @#%&!s. Just hope Jim stands by whoever the manager is and puts a stop to this.
To think, Maguire has shown this set @#%&!s for what they are.
Edit : somehow forgot about the other shit@#%&!: Sancho

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:08 AM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we seem to get all of them.
@#%&!@#%&!@#%&! tory boring misif

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:23 AM
Denis Irwell

Sulking because he was playing on the r/w because Nacho has taken his place on the left. He’s right footed ffs. Just get to the bye line and cross it for Hojlund you £#%&!er. Wants to play in a position with less expectation because he hasn’t got the %@#$&!s to be stand up and be counted up front.Still runs into a ruck of defenders when a pass is on, doesn’t produce and throws a tantrum because it’s not all about him.

Praying Jim will exercise some control over this lot.

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:34 AM
n48

No manager in the world gets more than one good season out of this core of players who have outlasted numerous managers and who are very difficult to shift. The owners get the managers they deserve - either past it and washed up or punts who are still proving themselves. ETH is probably the best available and he's having to unpick a decade of bad habits and over privileged players.

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:43 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
edit: cba
The best possible tribute to our performance on Saturday night

Unread 03-12-2023, 03:49 AM
croady26

When will these players stop dialling it in,Howson thinks the answer is players, Erik and staff go out and get smashed until Monday

Unread 03-12-2023, 05:04 AM
shenwen

My youngest's team got beat 8-0 yesterday and it was less one sided than that.

Some odd, odd decisions. Two left backs available so he plays a second-choice right back there. Rashford a growing liability with each game so picks him over Antony, who while not great still gives more. And Martial And then we have Onana whose job appears to be to give the ball back to the opposition with every clearance.

Spineless on and off the pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Is it EtH's fault that he *still* has to play Martial?

To cite just one example out of several.
yes. could have played Rasmus from the start, or Rashford though the middle. Also could have bought an additional striker in the summer instead of spending the limited money we have on Mount and Onana (assuming these were his picks), not to mention the loan fee and salary we are wasting on Amrabat and reguillon.

Unread 03-12-2023, 05:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Rashford would’ve still sulked at being played at cf. Can’t cope with the expectation of actually having to produce there, that isn’t there on the l/w, which still gives him the opportunity to shoot through 6 defenders while ignoring better placed team mates. Too much to expect a right footed player to supply a forward prepared to stand up and be counted with crosses

Unread 03-12-2023, 05:56 AM
Coracao

The only positive from last night was Mainoo who is the first midfielder we have had in years who seems capable of breaking the lines with a quick accurate pass into feet which puts the receiver on the front foot. He's obviously still got developing to do on the physical and mental side and has the unfortunate situation of having no top class partner to guide him through.

Maguire was OK yesterday as well as Shaw. The rest were funking horrific.

Unread 03-12-2023, 06:09 AM
Patty_b

Never been so close to turning off a game early at 1-0. We wouldn't have scored if we kept playing through the night. A midfield like Swiss cheese, a pointless forward line and a continued lack of effort.

I take back everything I said about Maguire, fair £#%&!s to him. Still shouldn't be starting every match for us, but if everyone else on the pitch gave as much of a shit as him then we'd at least look competitive.

ETH is losing me. A lot of it is on the players still and I don't think sacking him off will do anyone any good... But why the £#%&! was he bouncing around and waving his arms at Martial in the first half. What was he expecting to happen playing him? That in the space of three days he'd put years of shit@#%&!ery behind him and turn up as prime fat Ronaldo?! It's Martial FFS! Of course he's going to be a lazy shit. Worrying that he can't seem to see what has been blindingly obvious to anyone watching us for years. Martial shouldn't play, Rashford needs to be dropped. If he needs to rotate then give someone else's chance rather than two players that have no interest in playing for him, the team or themselves.

Unread 03-12-2023, 08:08 AM
My Name is Heath

Yes we may still mostly be the team that OGS built but doesn’t that just prove we have bought badly?

Poor Ralf Telephonednicholas. Everything he said was true and we treated him like shit.

We are too good to be relegated but Big Sir Jim needs to just cull these shit@#%&!s and get ready for next season.

I’d play the women against city and Liverpool but start building a team for next season NOW.

Unread 03-12-2023, 08:16 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Never been so close to turning off a game early at 1-0. We wouldn't have scored if we kept playing through the night. A midfield like Swiss cheese, a pointless forward line and a continued lack of effort.

I take back everything I said about Maguire, fair £#%&!s to him. Still shouldn't be starting every match for us, but if everyone else on the pitch gave as much of a shit as him then we'd at least look competitive.

ETH is losing me. A lot of it is on the players still and I don't think sacking him off will do anyone any good... But why the £#%&! was he bouncing around and waving his arms at Martial in the first half. What was he expecting to happen playing him? That in the space of three days he'd put years of shit@#%&!ery behind him and turn up as prime fat Ronaldo?! It's Martial FFS! Of course he's going to be a lazy shit. Worrying that he can't seem to see what has been blindingly obvious to anyone watching us for years. Martial shouldn't play, Rashford needs to be dropped. If he needs to rotate then give someone else's chance rather than two players that have no interest in playing for him, the team or themselves.
Wasn’t on the thread last night but have to say this is spot on.

Rashford and Martial are a disgrace but ETH is killing himself here by picking them.

The last two games have been horrendous to sit through. Am going to Chelsea this Weds, never been less up for it.

Unread 03-12-2023, 08:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Poor Ralf Telephonednicholas. Everything he said was true and we treated him like shit.
He managed 8 of that starting lineup and said open-heart surgery was needed. ‘They’re shit’, in other words.

Unread 03-12-2023, 08:17 AM
Offerington

Absolutely diabolical performance. One of the worst i can remember in last 20/30 years; was that bad. Completely outplayed, outfought, outworked and out-thought in literally every aspect of the game. How it only ended 1-0, I'll never know. Abysmal.