Unread 18-07-2023, 09:23 PM
dunk

Absolute £#%&!ing state of believe and marlo

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Absolute £#%&!ing state of believe and marlo
I’m just stunned Marlo has something negative to say about what we’re doing.

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’m just stunned Marlo has something negative to say about what we’re doing.
That did come from left field.

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:34 PM
Stickman

Utterly bonkers, no?

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:42 PM
Medlock

Do we know how short term?
It can't literally be for preseason only surely

Unread 18-07-2023, 09:50 PM
dunk

Just for a few weeks apparently.. not sure if we can handle the financial outlay or the man hours to undertake such a complicated process though

Unread 18-07-2023, 10:13 PM
BigJim

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a manager comes into a club on its ass, gains them 17 points, comfortable champions league and a pot - all without a recognized CF and a shit GK - yet it seems like everyone's second guessing everything the £#%&!er does. If this were Merseyside they'd be writing poems and doing murals ffs.

If he wants Maguire out and a free cover for 5th choice CB he can knock himself out as far as i'm concerned. Can anyone even name the 5th choice central defenders on any other top team?

Unread 18-07-2023, 10:16 PM
Finport Red

We should sell Evans to the Saudis now.

Unread 18-07-2023, 10:27 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a manager comes into a club on its ass, gains them 17 points, comfortable champions league and a pot - all without a recognized CF and a shit GK - yet it seems like everyone's second guessing everything the £#%&!er does. If this were Merseyside they'd be writing poems and doing murals ffs.

If he wants Maguire out and a free cover for 5th choice CB he can knock himself out as far as i'm concerned. Can anyone even name the 5th choice central defenders on any other top team?
If I remember correctly, Mourinho had also entertained the idea of bringing, Johnny Evans back to, Old Trafford, as he felt(rightly or wrongly), it was one of, LVG's mistakes selling him in the 1st place & he also was'nt impressed with the dutchman for selling Hanandez or Nani either.

Unread 18-07-2023, 10:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim

If we shift Maguire, we’d have Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Shaw all ahead of Evans. He’d be 5th choice and happy to be so on relatively low wages.

If we don’t shift Maguire, then Maguire is that 5th choice. Not happy to be so. On about £200k per week and we’d be somewhat obligated to play him because of that. Certainly more than the manager would like.

Unread 18-07-2023, 10:55 PM
big chief

I'm hoping Maguire moves on with his career.

Didn't work out for us, but could do a good job elsewhere. Still a national squad player.

However, I would want good £ for him. Sell him abroad.

Unread 18-07-2023, 11:44 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

It's a good move. Seasoned premier league pro, knows the club back to front, will be paid relative buttons. 5th choice who was first choice for a Premier League side (when not injured) who were a regular 60 pt team before the contracts all expired and the players gave up. As noted all the recent league title winning teams have had players of similar age contribute in their squads (indeed not unusual under Fergie to have such age profile too). Won't get a better 5th/4th choice pick w/ meagre budget available. He's not being signed to line up at Emirates, Etihad or in Europe.

Next.

Unread 19-07-2023, 05:23 AM
Patty_b

Joined the club as a boy, came through the academy, won a Champions League and 3 Premier Leagues, he also loves the club.

Whether it's a short term deal, or a year or two as a transition into a non-playing role then I'm all for it. He's a top guy and one of our own, and this is a club where we should be looking after our own.

I'm sure Marlo would agree after thinking about it a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
looking out for your less fortunate friends or bringing your friends with you on your road to success.

it seems a lot of you seem to have a problem with a football having an entourage etc.

but in my community it’s very common to bring your friends along or help them out if you are “UP”
I’ve got a PA myself who is just an old friend caught on the downside life’s rat race.

those that do disagree why? Why not if you are doing well yourself help a mate out who isn’t

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Joined the club as a boy, came through the academy, won a Champions League and 3 Premier Leagues, he also loves the club.

Whether it's a short term deal, or a year or two as a transition into a non-playing role then I'm all for it. He's a top guy and one of our own, and this is a club where we should be looking after our own.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

Don’t think it helps when we have no up and coming academy CBs. Mainoo/mejbri are good midfielder/attacking midfielders. Amad is a good right winger. Garnacho a very good prospect on the left side .

RB Jurado is supposedly highly rated. Nothing coming out from the central defence.

Maybe a 5th choice CB academy would be good if we had a decent prospect. I would be surprised if he stays past the preseason but if he does it must mean we are binning two “ first team CBs” which can only be a good thing . Baily and slab need kicking out.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

jonny evans is not your friend.

Unread 19-07-2023, 08:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Don’t think it helps when we have no up and coming academy CBs. Mainoo/mejbri are good midfielder/attacking midfielders. Amad is a good right winger. Garnacho a very good prospect on the left side .

RB Jurado is supposedly highly rated. Nothing coming out from the central defence.

Maybe a 5th choice CB academy would be good if we had a decent prospect. I would be surprised if he stays past the preseason but if he does it must mean we are binning two “ first team CBs” which can only be a good thing . Baily and slab need kicking out.
Fish, Bennett, Mengi…

Fish is off back out on loan for the season, Bennett is same age as Garnacho so is a bit young and Mengi can’t stay fit.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:20 AM
armchair

Fish looked decent to me and had a good loan.

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Fish looked decent to me and had a good loan.
Doesn’t look good when he can’t even make a preseason tour and has to replaced by a 35 year old for a couple of weeks

Unread 19-07-2023, 09:35 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Doesn’t look good when he can’t even make a preseason tour and has to replaced by a 35 year old for a couple of weeks
More minutes than Maguire so far.