United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2023, 12:55 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Marlo has got a point though. No good players have ever been signed from the Eredivisie that i can think of.

Unread 03-07-2023, 01:07 AM
big chief

Thumbs up

Barthez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler

Unread 03-07-2023, 02:11 AM
Stickman

Being objective though, we need a dof. No manager should be expected to pull every transfer target from their arse - which looks increasingly like the case here.

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:20 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Being objective though, we need a dof. No manager should be expected to pull every transfer target from their arse - which looks increasingly like the case here.
I remember can Gaal saying that when he arrived at Carrington they asked him what players he wanted to sign, his response being 'isn't that your job?'.

PS actually think it was more like
LvG: "who've you got lined up for me"
-- "Errr we were waiting for you to tell us"

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:32 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbh they can work without one. They still have a chief scout , with reports who can liase with the manager saying these players are the best in their position we can go for.

This summer is no different than all the others. They’re just slow , whether every bid even has to go through the gimps and it slows the process up I don’t know .

Put the signings aside , it’s only July..you would think by January earlier this year you would have the complete deadwood lined up to be sold. Atleast 1 player in and around the first team, Henderson, Bailey, telles, VDB, The Scottish Player, Fred, maguire . You would think atleast 1 of them would be transferred out by now.

Learning nothing new, club is a shambles every summer and only this summer the shambles has been different as it’s the ownership that’s also moved at a snails pace.

I think it’s hard to actually gauge the genuine targets , 99% of them are nonsense . Bijlow seems like a random sweeper type keeper someone has plucked out of the Dutch league because ETH. A story is then written around it for views.

They’ll either push for Onana, either get priced out or over pay within the next two weeks or resign De gea, press release that they will not be bullied into signing Onana and some shite the club is doing things differently and will not be bullied into overpaying.

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:56 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Ok ok - apart from Ruud. And this guy:

That's it though. There's never been any others.

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:59 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unread 03-07-2023, 09:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
another player from the dutch league.

not even surprised as this stage.

joke.

Unread 03-07-2023, 09:39 AM
browser

Unread 03-07-2023, 09:51 AM
believe

Unread 03-07-2023, 07:34 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
came from Turkey

Unread 03-07-2023, 07:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Marlo has got a point though. No good players have ever been signed from the Eredivisie that i can think of.

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:02 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:25 PM
Sparky***

Unread 03-07-2023, 08:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Marco Van Basten?

Is this a wum I'm fallen for?

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:39 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Marco Van Basten?

Is this a wum I'm fallen for?
No WUM here.

So apart from Van Basten, Gullit, Rikjaard, Cryuff, Luiz Ronaldo, Romario, Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Stam and Lisandro Martinez, there's been no decent players signed from the Eredivsie like i said.

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:41 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
No WUM here.

So apart from Van Basten, Gullit, Rikjaard, Cryuff, Luiz Ronaldo, Romario, Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Stam and Lisandro Martinez, there's been no decent players signed from the Eredivsie like i said.
And Van Persie.

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:44 AM
Ethers

Feel ill at Sparky just posting a photo of Suarez tbh

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:44 AM
marlo

Quote:
No WUM here.

bring the range down to the last 5 years, while also seeing how well the dutch league to the Uefa cup competitions...

lets even get specific.

martinez
malacia
vdb

maybe we should stay away from dutch players.

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:46 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
And Van Persie.
And him. Apart from them Marlo is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
bring the range down to the last 5 years, while also seeing how well the dutch league to the Uefa cup competitions...

lets even get specific.

martinez
malacia
vdb

maybe we should stay away from dutch players.
I'm agreeing with you!!

Ajax did get to the semis of the CL in 2019 though. Might want to go with the last 3 years?
Closed Thread