United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-06-2023, 11:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
City just won a treble playing 1 DM.
we won one playing 4-4-2. so what?

the fact is that cass has to do too much, can't play every game and should have a bit more licence to get forward. our midfield lacks balance. more importantly, it lacks talent.

Unread 29-06-2023, 11:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Too far pal. Too unsubtle.

I’m not even joking.

I don’t think ETH knows what he is doing.

i hate to bang on about it but he was consistently playing you know who. Any man who actually walks into the OT, sees 75k fans and fields that idiot doesn’t know what he is doing

And now under my microscope I’m seeing a mad man wasting money.

Mount is a just a white Fred. abit greedier.

cant even get excited for next season now.

Unread 30-06-2023, 01:28 AM
Baron

Quote:
City just won a treble playing 1 DM.
Wot? Stones shuffled in and did a quite ridiculously good job in there next to Rodri - it’s about flexibility.

We’re currently on a go around tactics wise, this whole inverted fullbacks thing is just Herbert Chapman’s WM formation which pre-dated 4-4-2, we should give far less of a £#%&! about whether a player fits a very specific role in a side and instead worry if he’s tactically flexible, athletic and contributes goals and assists.

Mount has done both very well, if unspectacularly. He’s also had to play for Lampard and £#%&!ing Southgate so who knows how good he really is with a proper coach?

Unread 30-06-2023, 02:05 AM
guerreiro

Bit concerned he was scared of some bird and went to the police like a fanny.

Admittedly, I don’t know anything about the story but this is what I took out it it.

Unread 30-06-2023, 03:39 AM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

the fact is that cass has to do too much, can't play every game and should have a bit more licence to get forward. our midfield lacks balance. more importantly, it lacks talent.
This is true

Unread 30-06-2023, 08:18 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Bit concerned he was scared of some bird and went to the police like a fanny.

Admittedly, I don’t know anything about the story but this is what I took out it it.
She was messaging his family and women on his socials... changed her number 25 cos he kept blocking her...

She was a crank. Also stalked Billy Gilmour and Ben Chilwell.

U ok hun etc...

Unread 30-06-2023, 08:24 AM
Ethers

Did he smash it?

Unread 30-06-2023, 08:44 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

That was 24 years ago.

Unread 30-06-2023, 08:55 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Did he smash it?

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:00 AM
jem

Quote:
That was 24 years ago.
if you think it is irrelevant, you may have understood the point.

whatever crazy system you think we're playing, there's a type of player we need and a type we don't.

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Did he smash it?
Apparently so.

You'd have gone round there any night and see Mehson hanging out of the back of it...

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:16 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you think it is irrelevant, you may have understood the point.

whatever crazy system you think we're playing, there's a type of player we need and a type we don't.
ok mate

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:24 AM
jem

Quote:
ok mate

wow. would rather drown yourself in vodka alone that face other people? mmmk.

actually... that bit makes sense.

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:33 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a player.

given a limited budget, we need to upgrade at dm and cf. instead, we get gk and am. if we get dm and cf, too, all good. if not, it's pointless.

clearly you missed the corpse of Eriksen ambling around the pitch for the last couple of months of the season.

Unread 30-06-2023, 09:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
clearly you missed the corpse of Eriksen ambling around the pitch for the last couple of months of the season.
no. eriksen needs replacing. but with a player like palhinha. mount is more likely to replace sancho, antony or garnacho. we still need someone who can tackle and pass from deeper.

and, sadly, cass will need replacing quite soon, too.

Unread 30-06-2023, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. eriksen needs replacing. but with a player like palhinha. mount is more likely to replace sancho, antony or garnacho. we still need someone who can tackle and pass from deeper.

and, sadly, cass will need replacing quite soon, too.
We need a young, mobile and capable DM to make us a bit more solid in tougher games alongside Cas and to give Cas a break/fill in during his inevitable suspensions. Might be Mainoo tbf.

Eriksen still requires a creative, forward thinking player replacing him in 80% of matches, Mount is that.

Palinha is none of the things we require, and isn’t actually that good really, hence he’s playing for Fulham and his only suitor appears to be West Ham.

Unread 30-06-2023, 10:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
mount is more likely to replace sancho, antony or garnacho.
It's like you don't even watch football

Unread 30-06-2023, 10:06 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. eriksen needs replacing. but with a player like palhinha. mount is more likely to replace sancho, antony or garnacho.

I give up

Unread 30-06-2023, 10:07 AM
dunk

Jem is talking about his version of the team, not Erik’s. He wants 3 solid DM’s in front of the CB’s at all times.

Unread 30-06-2023, 10:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Jem is talking about his version of the team, not Erik’s. He wants 3 solid DM’s in front of the CB’s at all times.
The United way