United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2023, 01:52 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Well we need to act quickly regardless, because De Gea £#%&!ing off to Saudi would eliminate any wiggle room we may have currently.
Good point well made.

Unread 18-06-2023, 01:55 PM
dunk

As long as Hendo is on the books we can pretend he’s going to be No.1

It’s a bit chicken and egg with selling that #@&%! imo. This shit should’ve all been being sorted all season, instead we’ve been @#%&!ting about with a takeover

Unread 18-06-2023, 02:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As long as Hendo is on the books we can pretend he’s going to be No.1

It’s a bit chicken and egg with selling that #@&%! imo.
If that Costa lad has a release clause we may just have to bite the bullet and get it done asap . Then sell Henderson for 15-20 and save about 10 million a year on de geas wages for Costa. It’s do able.

Biggest problem as always is United working at snails pace and every couple of weeks that go by weakening their strength to negotiate and have the upper hand.

If Costa has a 40 million is release clause and ETH wants him as a first team
Player they should go and get him. If there are strikers and midfielders needed they need to prioritise . What I hope they don’t do is haggle for weeks over some shite like mount and end up playing 60-70 million for him.

Maybe the ownership is holding up with regards to how much the glazers are willing to spend. Does spending 100 million roughly and then selling the club have an impact on the business side of things?

Unread 18-06-2023, 02:04 PM
dunk

The release clause is €65m I think. It would make him 2nd(?) most expensive keeper in history, with no competition and from a club that need money

Edit: 3rd. Forgot about Kepa

Unread 18-06-2023, 02:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The release clause is €65m I think. It would make him 2nd(?) most expensive keeper in history, with no competition and from a club that need money

Edit: 3rd. Forgot about Kepa

Roughly 55 million pounds. Can recoup 15 million of Henderson .

Brings it down to 40 million from the budget (obv if they manage to sell Henderson)

Doesn’t start to look too bad. Unless there are other keepers? Raya has one year left , maybe pick him up for 25-30 million?

Binning de gea should also save 15 million a year in wages. It can be done if United are smarter. But since when did the recruitment have their shit together.

Unread 18-06-2023, 03:36 PM
westcoastvan

Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana...another player who previously worked under Ten Hag.

Chelsea's pulled out of the race, looks like Ten Hag has found his man.

I didn't want to get rid of De Gea so soon, but...

Unread 18-06-2023, 03:42 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana...another player who previously worked under Ten Hag.

Chelsea's pulled out of the race, looks like Ten Hag has found his man.

I didn't want to get rid of De Gea so soon, but...
interesting character

Quote:
On 9 November 2022, he was named in the final squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. He played the first match against Switzerland, before being dropped in the second against Serbia, then he was eventually sent home from the tournament on 28 November by manager Rigobert Song due to a disciplinary issue related to arguments about the latter's coaching tactics. Onana announced his retirement from international football on 23 December 2022.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Onana

Unread 18-06-2023, 04:46 PM
Bonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Love a mad @#%&! in nets me.

Unread 18-06-2023, 05:30 PM
big chief

Pickford reminds me of Barthez

I liked him, a crazy bastard, & looked like Donald Pleasance

Unread 18-06-2023, 05:41 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yes he appears to be a bit of a firebrand 🔥

But it looks like he worked under Ten Hag for a considerable amount of time...and took Inter to the champions final...so I say go get him.

Unread 18-06-2023, 05:42 PM
Furry Russian hats

Barthez would be a brilliant sweeper keeper in todays game, was always alert and commanded his area. Can still remember that Monaco quarter final, he caught everything that night the bar steward.

Unread 18-06-2023, 05:47 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Barthez would be a brilliant sweeper keeper in todays game, was always alert and commanded his area. Can still remember that Monaco quarter final, he caught everything that night the bar steward.
As would van der Saar

Unread 18-06-2023, 05:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Barthez was crap and Ronaldo should never have had that hat trick at O.T.

Unread 18-06-2023, 05:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This. Loved him but he was just too £#%&!ing short.

Unread 18-06-2023, 06:24 PM
big chief

Barthez

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/554013191630614056/

Unread 18-06-2023, 06:37 PM
Whip Hubley

Barthez was terrible. Hated him

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:30 AM
Patty_b

Barthez's save at anfield (from Hamann?) Is one of the best saves I've ever seen. Other than that, he was a bit shit.

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Stickman

He was always good for a laugh Barthez but sadly often at our expense.

There was many a time I wanted to throttle him. Kicked it a mile with that left leg of his though.

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:46 AM
The taste of...

Mate of mine was Barthez’s driver
@#%&! wouldn’t let me sniff the seat after he’d run Linda Evangilistsa
somewhere

Unread 19-06-2023, 09:52 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
this. best short goalkeeper in the world.

unfortunately, being short is quite an impediment to being a world class goalkeeper.

would have been awesome if we played 5-a-side, though.
Closed Thread