United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:03 PM
silv

Default Club legends disliked by their own support

I steadfastly refuse to watch the new Dragon's Den series simply because its got Gary Neville on it.

A lot of our fan base seems to hate him, despite him being a club legend and top red. Is this a common theme amongst other clubs do you think?

I guess you can call this a 'Gary Neville is a #@&%!' thread because thats what it is.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:06 PM
believe

Rooney. Our greatest ever player but hated by most of our “support”, the shit he got in his last few years was embarrassing.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:08 PM
Jack Duckworth

He is an absolute gobshite with an opinion on everything. I do like that Talking Football podcast though.

I also don't think he gets nearly as much respect for being the best right back in the country for nearly 20 years in a team that was constantly challenging for honours.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:09 PM
Zorg

I think he was only in one episode as a guest dragon.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:09 PM
History

I admire him in alot of his ventures and how he seems constantly find time to do new things.

But doesn't half speak some shite when it comes to football. I get the sense he just doesn't watch football as much now. Only when he's been put on a specific game for that Sunday.

He spouts lazy nonsense with the same authority as he's always done and for some reason that carrys weight with a lot of the public. He's become a Caricature of the pundit that made all other pundits up there game.

'oOooOoooh thats naughty' etc....

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:10 PM
suedeshoes

Gary Neville is the definitive annoying @#%&!. Gets where water can't. Deffo moans about bin collections on Facebook.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Patty_b

Gary Neville the pundit is an absolute tart.

But when he talks about football away from punditry on a podcast or something then he's far more tolerable once you realise he's just an annoying person and when he's not acting up for Sky Sports.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Gutted Neville played for us, absolute @#%&! of a man....

Everyone's worst neighbour.....

A GoPro cyclist....

A bad review on Alltrails....

His voice, his stupid faces to camera, anti United bias, podcaster, some lord and saviour of united when he never dared speak on the glazers, pandemic hero....
Just an all round #@&%!.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Gutted Neville played for us, absolute @#%&! of a man....

Everyone's worst neighbour.....

A GoPro cyclist....

A bad review on Alltrails....

His voice, his stupid faces to camera, anti United bias, podcaster, some lord and saviour of united when he never dared speak on the glazers, pandemic hero....
Just an all round #@&%!.

Yup. He's basically become a parody of himself. His bizarre pursuit of the gentrification of certain areas of Manchester really doesn't help his cause, but ultimately it's not even that - he's just a gobshite.

Would genuinely rather listen to Carragher. That's not praise for Carragher neither, but he at least doesn't seem desperate to hate the club he played for.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:29 PM
Sparky***

Got nothing against Neville, i just find him annoying at this stage.

Schmeichel is despised by large portions of our support. And rightly so.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:30 PM
tatty

He was a fantastic servant for the club.

But he’s no longer a footballer and is now making a living doing something that requires the occasional controversial view, so what?

Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Got nothing against Neville, i just find him annoying at this stage.

Schmeichel is despised by large portions of our support. And rightly so.

Could arguably throw (somewhat ironically) sparky in there as well...

I could absolutely never hate him because I loved him so much growing up, but he did show a bit of his whopper side when he went to citeh.

I always compare and contrast the likes of him and schmeichel to andy cole - he went to city but was never, ever a @#%&! about it.

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yup. He's basically become a parody of himself. His bizarre pursuit of the gentrification of certain areas of Manchester really doesn't help his cause, but ultimately it's not even that - he's just a gobshite.

Would genuinely rather listen to Carragher. That's not praise for Carragher neither, but he at least doesn't seem desperate to hate the club he played for.
weird to think that Jamie Carragher spat right in the face of one of our very own

Jamie Carragher, spat on me daughter

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:31 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
weird to think that Jamie Carragher spat right in the face of one of our very own

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:34 PM
RedNick80

Quite like him. Co-coms on Utd not so much, but I think that probably says as much about me as a unimpartial viewer too.

I agree with a lot of what he says, if not his political views entirely.

Don’t get the hate TBH, seems a bit like a top Fred tick list item.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Could arguably throw (somewhat ironically) sparky in there as well...

I could absolutely never hate him because I loved him so much growing up, but he did show a bit of his whopper side when he went to citeh.

I always compare and contrast the likes of him and schmeichel to andy cole - he went to city but was never, ever a @#%&! about it.
what annoyed me most about Schmeichel was the fact that he went on record to say he was leaving English football in 1999 because of all the games. He was getting on and his body couldn't cope with the hectic schedule etc etc..

Within 18 months he was back from sporting lisbon playing for Aston Villa.

If that was the case why didn't you just stay at United you tosser and spare us the whole Bosnich/Taibi/Barthez debacle.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:36 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
I thought we all hated the club? That is to say we hate the ownership and most of the players anyway. Isn’t that what he’s saying?

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Utter shameless gobshite.

Knows all the answers. Absolute lack of self awareness enabling his own attempt at management being Heyseled.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Vedder

I think he’s brilliant, annoying at times but who isn’t. Thought he was excellent on Dragons Den too.

Unread 19-01-2024, 12:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
I thought we all hated the club? That is to say we hate the ownership and most of the players anyway. Isn’t that what he’s saying?
Not talking about the glazers and ownership, obvs, although I couldn't help but notice he was about 15 years too late with that ship

His co-commentary on united games - to me at least - seems absolute try hard stuff.