United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
loved him when he played for us

but you can't score against united infront of the kop and then dive into the crowd celebrating and not be tarnished.

that game angered me more than any other i've seen before or since. Irwin getting that bullshit red card and that atrocious penalty decision left me fuming for days.
16 year old Stickers was absolutely SICK after that game. @#%&!s came close to winning it too iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches View Post
Still not over it tbh.

A side note, Beckham's cross to Yorke for the opener was his greatest ever cross.
Fair call. Incredible cross, barely any back lift from memory, was a freakish strike. Clever placement from Yorke too.

Unread 14-03-2024, 10:27 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think you need to look up the definition of same.
I'll do that if you look up the definition of semantics.

Unread 14-03-2024, 10:39 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
loved him when he played for us

but you can't score against united infront of the kop and then dive into the crowd celebrating and not be tarnished.

that game angered me more than any other i've seen before or since. Irwin getting that bullshit red card and that atrocious penalty decision left me fuming for days.
True.

Unread 14-03-2024, 01:48 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I'll do that if you look up the definition of semantics.
Ah so you don’t really mean what you say. Good to know for the future saves me hours searching for old posts of yours.

Unread 14-03-2024, 05:21 PM
thatsfuctit

Speaking of which....

Unread 14-03-2024, 06:05 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
What the £#%&! happened to his eyes? Is he blind?

They didn't used to be like that?

Unread 14-03-2024, 06:08 PM
Finport Red

Unread 14-03-2024, 06:39 PM
ScarFace

No he is a rent a gob @#%&!. Worse than his scouse shite is how he's been in the media since. RAT.

Unread 14-03-2024, 09:33 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Unread 14-03-2024, 10:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
Not a bad listen tbf.

Unread 14-03-2024, 10:46 PM
larry

thanks for the link
turned it off after 8 seconds after simon jordan / paul ince failed to suggest that garnacho, mainoo, hojlund, greenwood, licha could become potential utd greats

Unread 15-03-2024, 12:01 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Agree.

Keane was superior but Ince is hugely underrated because of the Scouse behaviour. Quality player.
Yes I would go along with that.

Unread 15-03-2024, 03:03 AM
tatty

Ince reckons Fergie called him to ask him to stay while Moratti was in his house finalising the transfer to Inter.

If he had stayed I’m not sure what the formation would have been with Ince, Keane, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs.

Fantastic player though.

Unread 15-03-2024, 04:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Ince reckons Fergie called him to ask him to stay while Moratti was in his house finalising the transfer to Inter.

If he had stayed I’m not sure what the formation would have been with Ince, Keane, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs.

Fantastic player though.
Scholes was still in and out of the starting 11 at the time, it would have blocked Butts progress imo.

Unread 15-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Buck

Both Ince and Keane got underrated in the broader discussion of great CMs because people primarily focused on them being tough tackling runners as if all their work was to do the dirty work for others. Less focus on about them both having excellent passing ability, ability to carry the ball forward and past opponents, and chipped in with goals. That narrative around Keane has shifted in recent years to give him the due he deserves but Ince probably will be stuck with it. I don't think he was on par with Keane with the way his career panned out. But at the start of 1995 I would have expected Ince to be the next captain of United and potentially England too. I think he did too and that probably explains why he appears bitter because when he made that move to Inter he may have thought his best years were still to come and United's return to the top could have been brief but the opposite turned out the case. When Keane was inspiring the club to the treble Ince was about to join Middlesbrough.

Unread 15-03-2024, 09:57 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Scholes was still in and out of the starting 11 at the time, it would have blocked Butts progress imo.
Scholes was initially deployed as a striker mainly. I remember a big hoo ha when he replaced Cole in the starting line-up vs Forest in that 5-0.

With Ince I don’t think we’d have needed to claw back a 12 point lead tbh in 95-96.

What times they were

Unread 16-03-2024, 10:18 PM
red in cumbria

No excuse for celebrating like THAT, in those circumstances. Sorry.

Unread 22-03-2024, 03:01 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Both Ince and Keane got underrated in the broader discussion of great CMs because people primarily focused on them being tough tackling runners as if all their work was to do the dirty work for others. Less focus on about them both having excellent passing ability, ability to carry the ball forward and past opponents, and chipped in with goals. That narrative around Keane has shifted in recent years to give him the due he deserves but Ince probably will be stuck with it. I don't think he was on par with Keane with the way his career panned out. But at the start of 1995 I would have expected Ince to be the next captain of United and potentially England too. I think he did too and that probably explains why he appears bitter because when he made that move to Inter he may have thought his best years were still to come and United's return to the top could have been brief but the opposite turned out the case. When Keane was inspiring the club to the treble Ince was about to join Middlesbrough.
Im inclined to agree as you made some good points there

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
No excuse for celebrating like THAT, in those circumstances. Sorry.
If the truth be told, Ince should have taken a leaf out of Denis Law's book & refused to celebrate & he could have also puched this loonypool team-mates out of the way just as, Denis did to those cITY team-mates of his@Old Trafford back in April 74.

Unread 22-03-2024, 03:11 PM
Baron

Watching those Book of Eric clips, Ince seemed to hit the bar with a flying header every game.

Total commitment, absolute animal in the midfield - we could do with him now. Brilliant player, @#%&! of a celebration.

Whatever. All a bit yesterday's news - couldn't care less about looking backwards, all about tomorrow & the team now.

Unread 22-03-2024, 03:33 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Watching those Book of Eric clips, Ince seemed to hit the bar with a flying header every game.
Yep - Can't remember Jeans doing that!