United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 05-01-2024, 02:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
being a good manager means having character.

we all know this.but pretend it doesn't matter all of a sudden.
oh he's good again now, is he?

he got a few injuries and suddenly wasn't so great. Managed to concede 4 goals at home to a chelsea team that can't score goals.

Unread 05-01-2024, 03:41 PM
Buck

I like his personality and career path. He got a bit of luck that Eddie Howe broke off talks with Celtic after not getting a guarantee over backroom staff. And I doubt he was Levy's first choice but you have to take the chance when it comes and he has been impressive.

I think they should go for the title now or they'll not get a better chance. No European football doesn't mean you are definitely going to be up there. But it's an advantage to be able to have a free week in between games to better embed your methods and recover from injuries.

Unread 05-01-2024, 03:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I like his personality and career path. He got a bit of luck that Eddie Howe broke off talks with Celtic after not getting a guarantee over backroom staff. And I doubt he was Levy's first choice but you have to take the chance when it comes and he has been impressive.

I think they should go for the title now or they'll not get a better chance. No European football doesn't mean you are definitely going to be up there. But it's an advantage to be able to have a free week in between games to better embed your methods and recover from injuries.
They need to buy a proper striker, maybe Martial could fire them to the title...

I think they're desperate to try & land Vlahovic from Juve with their financial issues - big old fashioned no.9 vibes that allow the rest of them to buzz around.

Unread 05-01-2024, 04:02 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
There wasn’t any snide at all intended in the question.
calling him lucky says otherwise

Unread 05-01-2024, 04:05 PM
suedeshoes

Nice enough character. Crocodile Dundee with a tactics board. Sacked by next October.

Unread 05-01-2024, 04:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
calling him lucky says otherwise
Does it yeah?

Unread 05-01-2024, 04:16 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Does it yeah?
it does yeah

Unread 05-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Bunker Buster

'Team Ange' crawling out the woodwork again....

Unread 05-01-2024, 04:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Oh, has Marlo turned it into another opportunity to say he doesn’t like our manager. What a shock.

Unread 05-01-2024, 06:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We saw that when spurs went down to 9 men vs Chelsea and they carried on with the high line and trying to attack non stop. Clearly has no plan b.
Aussie Ardiles.

Unread 05-01-2024, 11:08 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
oh he's good again now, is he?

he got a few injuries and suddenly wasn't so great. Managed to concede 4 goals at home to a chelsea team that can't score goals.
theyve got more injuries than us to actual starting lineup players.

so yes given the squad over all quality, money spent, and injuries he is doing a great job.

Unread 05-01-2024, 11:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No they don't.

Unread 05-01-2024, 11:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Spurs bought about six new players to the tune of around £200m

Funny how Ange having Spurs around 3rd and 4th in his first season is a ‘great job’ ……. If only we had a manager who did that…

Unread 06-01-2024, 12:02 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Spurs bought about six new players to the tune of around £200m

Funny how Ange having Spurs around 3rd and 4th in his first season is a ‘great job’ ……. If only we had a manager who did that…
they also lost their captain and best player in the summer.

Put it this way…
Let me trap a rat….

Where did you have them finishing during the season predictions and where did you have is finishing?

Unread 06-01-2024, 09:15 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Put it this way…
Let me trap a rat….

Where did you have them finishing during the season predictions and where did you have is finishing?
Why are you asking me that like I’m suggesting he isn’t doing a good job. He is. But of course when ETH does something similar last season (and the for the whole season with a trophy at the end) you’re happy to dismiss that

Unread 06-01-2024, 02:37 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:

Put it this way…
Let me trap a rat….

Kinda gave the game away a little bit there mate.

Unread 06-01-2024, 06:22 PM
croady26

Just hope he doesn't get the best out of Werner at our expense next Sunday

Unread 07-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Gordon Hill

Default punctuation mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Good points made but can't help thinking that Spurs being Spurs they are always likely mess-up in a title race even more than their neighbors are doing.

Quote:

so yes given the squad over all quality, money spent, and injuries he is doing a great job.
Yes but IF he came to United he would be dealing with some serial tool downers in that dressing room & most of us on here would hazzard a guess that they would be throwing under the bus after about 18 months if not even sooner & unless SJR & his band of men manage to work-out(please Eric), how much players-power nonsence has been going-on in that dressing particuly from the LVG era to the present date then sadly this rinse & repeat %@#$&!s will continue!