United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:26 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
says more about you than him. your loyalty won't be rewarded.

not sure we'd accept these flaws in a young keeper. patty's idea of his mistakes on repeat... how many times do you have to see him concede soft goals? even if you'd never seen him play, there was a vid on his thread showing he lets in shots he has to save. fancy footwork is all very well, but stopping shots is the essential foundation. you can argue that his style is effective, but looks awful on the fails, but any keeper should save the first two last night. de gea would have saved the third, too.

there has to be a better keeper out there. if our scouts can't find a competent northern european for under £20mio, they should be on the bonfire with onana.
VdB still has his support.

Coaches know.

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
VdB still has his support.

Coaches know.
98% of united players on our books do......

Rent free...

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Rent free...
You mean like they still do with Fred and De Gea?

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You mean like they still do with Fred and De Gea?
Not sure if meant for me or your point ?

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I’ve said before but he’s a huge problem for 10H if he continues being this bad. It’s a terrible indictment on the manager to be all cut throat and ruthless when it comes to De Gea and then the reason for all that ruthlessness ends up being a £#%&!ing comedy act solely responsible for us bombing out of the CL (bottom of the group).

My bigger issue is that every positive step we take forward is destroyed by some act of inexplicable self harm.

The outfield team finally start gaining some confidence and momentum but don’t worry about building on that. Oh no, I’m going to throw a few in just so that our fragile confidence can be re-shredded. He wants shooting for that alone the stupid #@&%!.
It was so bad that match-fixing even entered my head. Astonishing levels of lunacy.

There are times when an extra level of ruthlessness is required. Jim Leighton in 1990 for example. I don't think Liverpool have ever regretted binning Karius. You can plod along with someone who will constantly let you down when it counts, or you can make the right decision.

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:52 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Rent free...
Which proves my point

Loves a shit cliche,,this lad

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:55 PM
Baron

I think it has to be Big Jimmy Ratcliffe's first point of order - £#%&! this muppet off and swoop in for Costa from Porto - 6' 4", doesn't sit on his arse when 1v1, can pass it, comes off his line, appears to be immune from throwing them in his own net repeatedly in CL games.

Unread 30-11-2023, 03:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I think it has to be Big Jimmy Ratcliffe's first point of order - £#%&! this muppet off and swoop in for Costa from Porto - 6' 4", doesn't sit on his arse when 1v1, can pass it, comes off his line, appears to be immune from throwing them in his own net repeatedly in CL games.
I second that.

Unread 30-11-2023, 04:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He sure does ...

Whilst throwing them in his own net in the champions league

Unread 30-11-2023, 04:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
He sure does ...
https://youtu.be/FHcCXnIHOws?si=pAl7TnnxZtDYt8O7

Whilst throwing them in his own net in the champions league

Let's never buy anyone again.

Makes it easier.

Unread 30-11-2023, 04:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Let's never buy anyone again.

Makes it easier.

Fold the club.

Unread 30-11-2023, 04:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It was so bad that match-fixing even entered my head. Astonishing levels of lunacy.

There are times when an extra level of ruthlessness is required. Jim Leighton in 1990 for example. I don't think Liverpool have ever regretted binning Karius. You can plod along with someone who will constantly let you down when it counts, or you can make the right decision.
Yep, I said last night I’ve seen gambling syndicate owned keepers be more convincing about throwing them in their own nets than that.

Hate writing players off too soon but it’s one of those positions that it’s difficult not to undie from if it goes that wrong that often. If he comes back from all this then fair enough but I’m not sure a (fallen) great club like ours should be the testing ground for ‘his recovery journey’.

Would happily drop him from an immense height.

Unread 30-11-2023, 04:52 PM
Chris Quayd

At he very least spare us from his butter fingers for the next five or so matches.

Assuming the Turk is able to stop shots of moderate power that are straight at him then take Onana out of the firing line and work on his technique, could start by explaining to him that jumping in slow motion when you are already a stone or two overweight probably won't give you the best chance of stopping that round thing. Are we certain he knows he's meant to stop it going in the goal?

Unread 30-11-2023, 04:57 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so... shouldn't have bought mount, then?
Correct, we shouldn't have

Unread 30-11-2023, 05:25 PM
Buck

I think his sweeping outside the box is generally fine. That's what stuck out to me when I saw Inter's run to the CL Final and why we bought him. Obviously the main role of being a goalkeeper is keeping the ball out of the net. I thought up until last night he had turned a corner somewhat on that count.The City game where he made a lot of saves followed by quieter games in the league where there weren't lots of shots on our goal but he looked more at ease with what he had to do. I don't know if his errors which seem to happen in quick succession are technical or more him beating himself up over a small error that leads to a major error by mentally losing focus. De Gea had an unorthodox technique going with his feet a lot to low shots so maybe that's not the big problem even though Onana looks a bit vulnerable if you shoot low.

Unread 30-11-2023, 05:29 PM
plopborsky

he's £#%&!ing shit. reeks of taibi.

Unread 30-11-2023, 05:40 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Onana looks a bit vulnerable if you shoot.
Amended.

Unread 30-11-2023, 05:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Amended.

It's a tough role - I genuinely cannot fathom why our scouts, ETH as someone who's managed him before etc simply didn't pick him up when he went to Inter for nothing rather than wait a year? He would have been perfect to bring in alongside Dave & step in when he was £#%&!ing up to show what it was to play the high line / sweeper keeper etc.

Instead he gets a near £50m price tag, has to take over & straight into the firing line to a side with a calamity defence.

I'm really not sure this club is very well run you know...

Unread 30-11-2023, 05:49 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

It's a tough role - I genuinely cannot fathom why our scouts, ETH as someone who's managed him before etc simply didn't pick him up when he went to Inter for nothing rather than wait a year? He would have been perfect to bring in alongside Dave & step in when he was £#%&!ing up to show what it was to play the high line / sweeper keeper etc.

Instead he gets a near £50m price tag, has to take over & straight into the firing line to a side with a calamity defence.

I'm really not sure this club is very well run you know...
him and mount 100mil

both shit

should have signed de gea and £#%&!ed that money on kane. Hojland is average.

Unread 30-11-2023, 06:01 PM
jem

I like hojlund and I'll be liking him long after kane has hung up his boots.

we should have kept de gea and signed some midfielders.