Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Fat Al

Totally £#%&!ed up my mates dry January

Unread 06-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Giggs 3/1 favourite on Paddy but they've locked Martin O'Neill.

Had a few quid on Pulis at 25/1.
Hughes for the wales job must be worth a few quid at 8/1

Unread 06-01-2018, 09:51 PM
ziggyman17

will probably end up as Wales manager in the not to distant future... Loved him as a Utd player, always gave everything for the team, never liked him since he left on a free in 95... Its like he did not want to have to compete with Cole to play up front, there would have been enough games for everyone,

Unread 06-01-2018, 10:05 PM
LFOD

too bad for sparky

Unread 06-01-2018, 10:12 PM
otbarney

He was the quiet man when he was at United, he's not £#%&!in shut up since.

Unread 06-01-2018, 10:50 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Definitely our most underrated player ever. Adored him. He never seems to get near the pantheon when he was our best player for at least three years.
Who is underrating him? Nobody who watched United in the 80s would underrate him.

Unread 06-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Absolutely spot on

£#%&!ing loved him when he was playing and was absolutely gutted when he left 2nd time
Same.

Remember it being announced at OT that he’d signed a new contract, in the days when contracts seemed to mean something, then all of a sudden he’d gone to Chelsea. Ten year old me was heartbroken

Unread 06-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Same.

Remember it being announced at OT that he’d signed a new contract, in the days when contracts seemed to mean something, then all of a sudden he’d gone to Chelsea. Ten year old me was heartbroken
just before the ipswich 9-0 game i believe.

Unread 06-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Spock

"Hughes, a former Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and QPR boss, succeeded Tony Pulis at Stoke in May 2013 and was the fourth longest-serving manager at a Premier League club."

only 4 and a half years and the 4th longest serving manager

Unread 06-01-2018, 11:22 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
just before the ipswich 9-0 game i believe.
Was there that day

Unread 06-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
High-profile signings have also failed to deliver. Kevin Wimmer has been a big disappointment since his £18m summer move from Tottenham
I can honestly say I’ve absolutely no idea who this @#%&! is.

Unread 06-01-2018, 11:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Was absolutely £#%&!ing awful at Spurs IIRC..

Unread 06-01-2018, 11:40 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
"Hughes, a former Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and QPR boss, succeeded Tony Pulis at Stoke in May 2013 and was the fourth longest-serving manager at a Premier League club."

only 4 and a half years and the 4th longest serving manager
Was shocked he'd been there that long tbh, doesn't seem that long since he lumbered QPR with a ton of shit players and was then promptly sacked. One of those managers you can't trust with a chequebook.

Unread 06-01-2018, 11:41 PM
jem

Quote:
A spurned lover?

I know we’re meant to view Fergie selling him, Ince and Kanchelskis as the biggest master-stroke in football history but you couldn’t blame them for getting a tad bitter. Ince especially is the most unfairly maligned player ever.
£#%&! me. imagine what we could do with those three now. even kanchelskis's one dimension was one more than we have now on the wing.

Quote:
was in my fantasy squad last year. only reason I even know how shit he is.

Unread 07-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Nelson

Quote:
A spurned lover?

I know we’re meant to view Fergie selling him, Ince and Kanchelskis as the biggest master-stroke in football history but you couldn’t blame them for getting a tad bitter. Ince especially is the most unfairly maligned player ever.
He went on to play for Liverpool, score against us at Anfield and celebrate hysterically in front of the Kop, Knockers.

He could never be maligned enough.

Unread 07-01-2018, 12:07 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
....... f*** him to llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch.
Yeah, that's easy for you to say ........

Unread 07-01-2018, 12:21 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
He went on to play for Liverpool, score against us at Anfield and celebrate hysterically in front of the Kop, Knockers.

He could never be maligned enough.
And he did that because he thought that his equaliser had torpedoed our chances of winning the title. By any standards, that has to take some living down.

Unread 07-01-2018, 12:30 AM
Kangared

Seems to have a real dislike for Utd these days. Went off him completely after the 3-2 win with Owens 97th minute winner

At the 90 minute mark when the 4th official put the board up with 4 or 5 mins to be added he had a proper hissyfit as City were behind & he felt there should have been more time added.. @#%&! want to happy when he got his way & an extra couple [ rightly] were added Be careful what you wish for Sparky

He loved his big thighs when he played, don't recall anybody pulling their shorts higher .

Unread 07-01-2018, 01:14 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
So the Barca move was £#%&! all to do with Atkinson and Edwards getting brown envelopes full of cash and Hughes not arsed either way?

Bitter at Fergie dumping him a couple of years too soon? Quite possibly but Fergie’s ex-players all seem to either love or hate him.
Not arsed either way? It was Barcelona ffs, of course the move had its appeal. Can't blame him for that.

Loved him as a player. Moany @#%&! of a manager and not even that good at It, but not making up reasons to justify being glad he's sacked.

Unread 07-01-2018, 01:17 AM
armchair

I loved him as a player and still don't know where the anti-united stuff came from exactly.
Closed Thread