United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2011, 08:50 AM
wiganste

Default Re: *All New* United v Bolton Match Thread-Teams, Links and boundless, almost gay optimism

Good win that. Bolton are a very decent side - Coyle has done a right job there.

They ought to have nicked it with that free header but credit to us, we dug in with 10 men and got the 3 points. We'll see a few more performances like this before the seasons end. I don't care as long as we win the title.

I didn't expect much from us this season with the squad we have but we're ticking over very nicely atm

Unread 20-03-2011, 09:00 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Default Re: *All New* United v Bolton Match Thread-Teams, Links and boundless, almost gay optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I don't care if we win the title.

Unread 20-03-2011, 09:02 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
Hmpf. Edited, but I knew what I meant @#%&!y %@#$&!s

Unread 20-03-2011, 09:13 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
I'm going to give some credit to carrick today, after watching him fall over and almost gift bolton a goal i thoughy £#%&! me here we go again but he had a good second half and made a great block, very impressed with him when we went down to ten, genuinely hope that he can keep up the good work, might shut me up.
i noticed as the players were trotting back to our half when we scored he was cajoling smalling (and nani) telling him to keep his concentration. took some responsibility as the senior player which you rarely see from him.

Unread 20-03-2011, 09:54 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
i noticed as the players were trotting back to our half when we scored he was cajoling smalling (and nani) telling him to keep his concentration. took some responsibility as the senior player which you rarely see from him.
It was good to see tbh, i'm a harsh critic of him namely because i like players that play with a bit of passion, a bit of gumption, not shown a lot of that to date but he did yesterday especially when we down to ten.
In fact the whole team responded splendidly after the sending, it was a proper never say die united display, great stuff.

Unread 20-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Sgt Howie

Quote:
In fact the whole team responded splendidly after the sending, it was a proper never say die united display, great stuff.
yes, it certainly galvanized us to go for the win. If it had stayed 11 aside I think the game would have just played out at nil nil

Unread 20-03-2011, 10:24 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
It was good to see tbh, i'm a harsh critic of him namely because i like players that play with a bit of passion, a bit of gumption
I can be harsh on him for the same reasons but also because the bloke can play. He has great ability and not that long ago I was shocked at how he was not playing for England as the automatic choice in the middle of the pitch. He seems to have gone backwards though and that can't be denied. Whether it be confidence, balls or the fact he's just peaked one half decent game doesn't change the fact he's been utter shite for the best part of two years.

Hopefully the new contract will show him that SAF believes in him and will give him a shot of confidence and we get back the player we once had as he was useful.

Unread 20-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

horrible game yesterday, rarely seen the ball lofted gayly into the air so often in one match. it was a blessed relief when some £#%&!er put their foot through it and proper hoofed the thing.

the other 50% of the time, when it was nowhere near our box mainly, there was some pretty good football attempted, and united were just about worth the win i thought

glad to see the bizarre £#%&!fest over the rooney hernandez partnership has been nipped in the bud a bit - united have 2 from 3 to pick from as a combination up front and that one is not the best. in fact until recently it had been the worst combination.

actually heard some @#%&! at the game bemoaning a 'lack of creativity' in united's midfield. this made me laugh. see that bloke in the 11 shirt pal, he's one of the most creative players in the £#%&!ing league you clueless @#%&!. see those two winger types either side of him...

anyway, job done, beat wigan, 2pts lost at chelsea and liverpool, but top of the pile and through in both cups. united have the best squad in the league and yet again they pulled it out of the bag and won the match. interesting blather about a possible attacking leftie being lined up. here's hoping there's a two-footed full-back on the list as well

Unread 20-03-2011, 07:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
united have the best squad in the league and yet again they pulled it out of the bag and won the match. interesting blather about a possible attacking leftie being lined up. here's hoping there's a two-footed full-back on the list as well
I reckon it's just a handful of criminals, personally.

Unread 20-03-2011, 07:51 PM
serbian monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Happy with that, could be VERY important at the end of the season.

Grinded it well, EVERYONE was pretty shit.

Complete and utter dick.

You Not wes...

He's single handedly Won us a title. Know your history.
get £#%&!ed you @#%&!, i was only giving my point and you start giving it the big one!!

know your history, look at me i think i am the world's toppest red

jog on pal go and boil your head!!

Unread 20-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
It was good to see tbh, i'm a harsh critic of him namely because i like players that play with a bit of passion, a bit of gumption, not shown a lot of that to date but he did yesterday especially when we down to ten.
Same here. Carrick actually seemed to take some initiative yesterday as opposed to deferring to others. More of the same would be nice as we are short of leaders in our squad.

I struggle to understand how some players can make it so far in their careers without seeming to have dominant personalities - especially in CB and CM. One of the reasons (along with injuries) that Wes Brown never fulfilled his huge potential. You don't get many mute World-class CBs.
Closed Thread