Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:20 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: 5 Game Touchline Ban!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
when will he learn
Learn what??...that it's only ok for managers at other Clubs to slag off the Ref after a game?

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.
Football is becoming unbearable on so many levels.

The game in this Country is £#%&!ing 'policed' by TalkSport. It's absolutely mental.
Wenger, Redknapp, Holloway, Pulis, Grant etc.. have all got away with worse than what Fergie said.

Why is it 5 games?? How did they reach that figure??...& how on earth could they not take into account the appalling decisions that went against United at Stamford Bridge (again)

We really should throw our toys out of the Pram over this one. I hope Fergie see's his arse big time.
3 for his comments and two unsuspended (Fat@#%&! gate)

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Learn what??...that it's only ok for managers at other Clubs to slag off the Ref after a game?
Ignore him, he's probably not getting enough attention on his regular cruise route.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Ashley's Grime

Isn't that ex bitter @#%&! Burnstein head of the FA now?

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:28 PM
armchair

Quote:
Yep.
Football is becoming unbearable on so many levels.

The game in this Country is £#%&!ing 'policed' by TalkSport. It's absolutely mental.
Wenger, Redknapp, Holloway, Pulis, Grant etc.. have all got away with worse than what Fergie said.

Why is it 5 games?? How did they reach that figure??...& how on earth could they not take into account the appalling decisions that went against United at Stamford Bridge (again)

We really should throw our toys out of the Pram over this one. I hope Fergie see's his arse big time.
because when the decisions are about United they think they are taking them for the overall good of the game, marking a line in the sand, making a stand. similar thing happened with rio's test. It was only when it happened with a United player that suddenly it became hugely important and a battle for the very soul of football.

they are delusional obviously

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Ignore him, he's probably not getting enough attention on his regular cruise route.
Ouch.

Agreed with the idea of phoney interviews. Should just quote Anchorman or something ridiculous to the questions.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:32 PM
ScarFace

means £#%&! all, as he can ring down and give pre and half time team talks.

maybe at the elevated view from the stands he can see our midfield is shit

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:38 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
means £#%&! all, as he can ring down and give pre and half time team talks.

maybe at the elevated view from the stands he can see our midfield is shit
Don't think he can, officially.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Isn't that ex bitter @#%&! Burnstein head of the FA now?
Yup

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Doubt the FA have the right to confiscate his phone or tap his calls tbh.

Sure they have the technology now they could even do a holly from red dwarf at half time

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:49 PM
CyrilSkeer

From what is reported he can still go in at half time to the dressing room, so what is to stop him from picking a fan directly behind the dug out and swapping seats? That would piss the FA off no end, just where Wenger stood that day.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:49 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Doubt the FA have the right to confiscate his phone or tap his calls tbh.
We’ve got the ‘News of the World’ for that.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:52 PM
borsuk

fergie should just come out and repeat it word for word again. and again. and again. what are they going to do, ban him for life? inside a week the whole nonsense would come crashing down.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:54 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fergie should just come out and repeat it word for word again. and again. and again. what are they going to do, ban him for life? inside a week the whole nonsense would come crashing down.
I think there is actually a chance he will do this

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:55 PM
magic_cantona

ABU Nation has gone into over-drive!

Darren £#%&!ing Gough on Talksport: "Good, finally.He deserves this.Its about time the FA did something."

Even the WUM Durham said "So, you expect the FA to charge Avram Grant for his comments about the ref at Stoke at the weekend then?"

Gough: "Urrrr....bluhh.....errrrr....well.....I......errr rr"

And this is how it is.The FA, again, 'makes its stand' against a United player/member of staff.It's £#%&!ing incredible.

Unread 16-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
From twitter

SAF: "Want a fair ref, a strong ref anyway, we didn't get that. When I saw who was reffing it I feared the worst" 5 match ban, £30k fine.

Roberto Mancini: "It's normal - the big club usually has different treatment." No punishment

Tony Pulis: "Surprised to see [Dean] back on one of our games with his record against Stoke." No punishment.

Dave Whelan: "If it was any other club or player, you can bet your life he would have been sent off." No punishment.

Martinez: "I felt if my player had done that, he'd have been very lucky to stay on the pitch" No punishment.

Pulis: "If that was my player at OT & he committed two fouls like that, what do you think would have happened?" No punishment.
Don't forget Fabregas earlier this year at home to Everton. He confronted the referee & accused him of being bought by Everton due to a dodgy offside goal being given. Witnessed in the tunnel by players, manager, coaches & officials & the FA choose to do £#%&! all about it. How does Fergie get done for what he said yet Fabregas gets away with that?

If I was United I would look up anyone that has a season ticket that sits in the 1st row right behind the dug out. Offer them all expenses paid exec seats sat next to the injured 1st teamers & directors & give Fergie the seat behind the dug out. That 1st row of seats are almost in the dug out as it is, 3 of the 4 league games that are included in the ban are at home. Imagine the media shit storm that would cause

The FA are corrupt bitter @#%&!s & make it up as they go along. I agree with the consenus on here that if I was Fergie I would not allow a single interview to be allowed to any media outlet for the rest of the season. £#%&! em !!!

Unread 16-03-2011, 06:06 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
If I was United I would look up anyone that has a season ticket that sits in the 1st row right behind the dug out. Offer them all expenses paid exec seats sat next to the injured 1st teamers & directors & give Fergie the seat behind the dug out. That 1st row of seats are almost in the dug out as it is, 3 of the 4 league games that are included in the ban are at home. Imagine the media shit storm that would cause

I really hope United kick off over this, as Fergie was quite bullish in the match program on Saturday. I’m £#%&!ing fed up of being £#%&!ed over by the FA and the club just taking it. This is a complete £#%&!ing piss take.

Every player called up to that £#%&!ing shower of a national team the FA run should pull out injured at the very least.

Unread 16-03-2011, 06:11 PM
dunk

Is that not what Mourinho did at Madrid recently?

Unread 16-03-2011, 06:16 PM
sudored

Its a touchline ban right? Can he still be in the changing room before the game and half time?

Unread 16-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Tiberian

There are so many issues that arise from this, the hypocrisy and inconsistency of the FA, their weakness in so often allowing the media to set the agenda, the failure of the respect campaign in putting referees and their in-match decisions on a pedestal and hiding behind that dealt with in the match means it can not be looked at again buffoonery.

The Fa needs to look at the whole system of refereeing, this idea that the decision of the ref is sacrosanct and can not be questioned is absurd. Dowd and Clattenburg came out after the Carragher tackle on Nani and the Rooney elbow and stated that they were happy with their decisions. That is ridiculous, both were red cards and refusing to admit a mistake exacerbates that problem. The FA are too concerned about undermining the confidence of officials by correcting mistakes after a match when they should be embracing the opportunity as a chance to help refs, who are fallible human beings make sure that justice, as much as it can be after the final whistle is done. The respect Campaign which should be about a toning down of the personal abuse that is directed towards match officials has led to what appears to be a lack of accountability for poor, match changing decisions.

The media demands the manager speak after a match, often in which key decisions have gone against them and then pounce on a controversial comment as a way to keep selling papers and people watching Sky, everything is sensationalised, the arrogant sense of misplaced entitlement that was the tone of much of the media's comments after Utd refused interviews post Liverpool showed how used the media have become to dictating the agenda. Sunday Supplement is fascinating for the preening vanity and self aggrandising nature of the written press. Media blackout for the rest of the season would be fantastic. The Media may push the idea that Fergie is letting down the fans by not talking but that is incredibly self serving.
Give them nothing, I hope Wenger does the same.
Closed Thread