Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
forzagarza

Default Re: Ian Holloway again

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
From yesterdays Fiver.
"The Premier League has promised to "look into" the awkward situation, a complicated process that's sure to involve - one would hope - its very best man "

They're a bit £#%&!ed there.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
My Name is Keith

Everytime I hear Hollers I think that must be what Silv sounds like.

Cool voice btw.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:53 AM
believe

Thumbs up Re: Ian Holloway again

Ferguson has been saying pretty much the same in a more conservative manner for 15 years. It's £#%&!ing scandalous that people can even use the term weakened side in the PL. Most of Uniteds "weakened" sides are full internationals probably on 20 grand a week at least and no doubt the majority of wolves and blackpools weakened sides aren't on much less.

The term was used by the press initially and then the FA to get at United and now it's just making them look like the know nothing @#%&!s that they are. Good on Holloway I say.

Unread 12-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Everytime I hear Hollers I think that must be what Silv sounds like.

Cool voice btw.

Listening to Talksport yesterday I thought 'Shut up Silv' when he was prattling on.

Unread 12-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agreed. At least he's passionate and honest, seems like a bloody good manager too really - what he's doing there is miraculous. Blackpool comfortably holding their own in the premier league without even a billionaire sugar daddy, it's madness.
even if Karl or Owen Oyston were billionaires, they still wouldn't part with the cash. tighter than a ducks arse, but also the reason why they are one of the few clubs around that are firmly in the black.

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Imagine as a player and he was having a go at you, you just wouldn't be able to take him seriously
In an ideal world he would be the next, cITEH manager providing MASSIVE comedy every week

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
even if Karl or Owen Oyston were billionaires, they still wouldn't part with the cash. tighter than a ducks arse, but also the reason why they are one of the few clubs around that are firmly in the black.
Sweets cost money tbf and kiddies love sweets.

Allegedly.

Unread 18-12-2010, 12:58 AM
TreeFiddy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/9300866.stm

What a mentalist. Trying a bit hard for laughs there.

"Seth Blatter"

Unread 18-12-2010, 01:04 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/9300866.stm

What a mentalist. Trying a bit hard for laughs there.

"Seth Blatter"
he should've told the one about his wife

"fanny blatterrrrr"

Unread 18-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Because of his personality people ignorantly dismiss the idea that he may know what he's on about. He is in fact very tactically astute and an extremely intelligent bloke. The dodgy accent doesn't help.

But as a football man he is top drawer. Ask any pro that has played under him will concur. His training sessions are always innovative and enjoyable too and his man management was very good.
Players used to say about Busby and Shankly that they'd go in to complain about being dropped or something and they'd come out feeling like a million pounds.
Same with Holloway a little. Any bad news is cushioned by the fact you have a giggle at his accent. Bit like 'aww, I can't stay mad at such a hilariously funny accent'

Unread 19-03-2011, 12:33 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Ian Holloway launched a scathing attack on the FA for pocketing Sir Alex Ferguson's £30,000 fine and insisted it should have gone to a charity or the Japan disaster relief fund.

The Blackpool manager described his Manchester United counterpart's five-game touchline ban as 'madness' and claimed the FA were rubbing salt in the wound with their policy over fines.

He called for an urgent rethink after revealing how he failed with a request that Blackpool's £25,000 penalty for fielding a weakened team at Aston Villa should be paid to their youth team coach Gary Parkinson, whose recent stroke was exacerbated by 'locked-in syndrome', a condition that has left him paralysed.

'What do the FA need the money for, and what right have they got to it, anyway?' he said. 'Why can't they help the rest of the world, for a change, and do something useful with it?

'You don't mind quite so much if it goes towards a charity, and when you think of what is happening to so many people in Japan at the moment, it could easily have gone there.

'When we were fined, I got the club to ask the FA if they could give the money to Gary Parkinson and his wife. That's where I wanted it to go, but we didn't even get a reply.'

Ferguson is furious at the severity of his ban, and Holloway fears United could suffer on and off the pitch.

'Mike Phelan (United's assistant-manager) lives near me and was walking out of the local Spar shop yesterday,' he said. 'I wound my window down and congratulated him on beating Marseille the night before. He said it had been a bit tight, then added: "Have you heard? He's got five matches. Can you imagine what he's going to be like tomorrow morning? God help us."

'I just laughed and thought: "I'm glad I'm not in your shoes, mate, going into Carrington to face that." I wouldn't have relished it too much.

'When you think how important Sir Alex is to that team, and how much influence he has on them, it's going to be a massive blow for them to be without him that long. I know how I felt when I was banned for two games. It's a nightmare.

'He is the pulse, the heartbeat of that team, but when you are looking on from somewhere up in the stand, you feel detached. You can try and communicate with ear pieces, but it's difficult with all the noise going on.

'It's just not the same as being down there on the touchline, and, if you asked him now, I bet Sir Alex wishes he hadn't said anything. I still make United favourites for the title, but this is going to hit them hard.'

Unread 19-03-2011, 12:36 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Legend

Unread 19-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs up Re: Ian Holloway again

'local spar shop'

Unread 19-03-2011, 09:17 AM
believe

Imagine how surreal it would be to see Mickey P stood in his shorts taliking to Ian Holloway outside your local Spar

Unread 19-03-2011, 11:16 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Imagine how surreal it would be to see Mickey P stood in his shorts taliking to Ian Holloway outside your local Spar
Like an episode of stella street. Do Mick and keef run it?

Unread 19-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
With his cones

Unread 19-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Pop

Quote:
Someone can finish this. Can't be £#%&!ed myself...

Unread 19-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Withers

He's stitched Phelan right up here.
Closed Thread