Unread 11-11-2010, 11:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Default Re: Ian Holloway again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
I love his voice.

http://www.birminghammail.net/multim...7319-27639911/

'I am manager of Blackpool FC....first team'
He sounds like Bluebeard. Arrrr.... i be pickin' beasties today.

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:35 PM
waynes ear's

he's a £#%&!ing ballsack

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Argentina

Imagine as a player and he was having a go at you, you just wouldn't be able to take him seriously

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he's a £#%&!ing ballsack
He looks like one tbh.

But he's totally in the right here.Hope he doesn't jack it in.

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:42 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Love that and he's spot on.

Shouting at journalists who keep saying they agree with him
they're the #@&%!s that're trying to manufacture a controversy by saying the premier league might fine him though.

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:50 PM
rogieop

its going to his head all this being in the prem shite.

he's a charachter and all but he should just be himself, at the minute he's playing up to the cameras big time.

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:54 PM
naes_sean

he's right. end of story

Unread 11-11-2010, 11:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
they're the #@&%!s that're trying to manufacture a controversy by saying the premier league might fine him though.
A few more far-sighted individuals said that the FA were making a rod for their own backs a year ago when they fined Wolves for playing that "under strength" team. If they don't do anything now, McCarthy will kick up one hell of a stink, and he would have a point tbh.......

And all because, as so often, the football "authorities" shit their pants over a "controversy" involving United - and decided, as usual, that their priority should be futilely attempting to appease the ravenous ABU mob in the media and the sheeple who swallow their every word. Gutless short-termist cowards, again

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A few more far-sighted individuals said that the FA were making a rod for their own backs a year ago when they fined Wolves for playing that "under strength" team. If they don't do anything now, McCarthy will kick up one hell of a stink, and he would have a point tbh.......

And all because, as so often, the football "authorities" shit their pants over a "controversy" involving United - and decided, as usual, that their priority should be futilely attempting to appease the ravenous ABU mob in the media and the sheeple who swallow their every word. Gutless short-termist cowards, again
I doubt it. Wolves played someone, Birmingham I think, later on in the season with 10 of the team that started against us and beat them. If there was time to kick up a fuss it was then.

Unread 12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
I doubt it. Wolves played someone, Birmingham I think, later on in the season with 10 of the team that started against us and beat them. If there was time to kick up a fuss it was then.
Actually now you remind me, I think Thick Mick did make a point of mentioning that at the time

Unread 12-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Barcabal

Top man!

Unread 12-11-2010, 09:06 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
its going to his head all this being in the prem shite.

he's a charachter and all but he should just be himself, at the minute he's playing up to the cameras big time.
were you watching him before they got promoted? if anything he's calmed down since he got to the premier league.

he can be an idiot but i've got a lot of time for holloway, he's something of an antidote to the pointless plastic people that infest modern life.

Unread 12-11-2010, 09:06 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he's a £#%&!ing ballsack
coming from you? £#%&! me

Olly is a top man. Very kind bloke and is absolutely spot on in his rant. Football would be a much better place if there were more like him in the game.

Proper football man.

EDIT: rogieop - what a £#%&!ing load of old shit. "Playing up to the cameras". You tit.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:17 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
EDIT: rogieop - what a £#%&!ing load of old shit. "Playing up to the cameras". You tit.
There were no cameras at this particular press conference, so I guess he must have been “playing up” for the tape recorders

Obviously, football would be much better if everyone involved just spoke in broad, bland cliches, saying nothing of interest.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
were you watching him before they got promoted? if anything he's calmed down since he got to the premier league.

he can be an idiot but i've got a lot of time for holloway, he's something of an antidote to the pointless plastic people that infest modern life.
Agreed. At least he's passionate and honest, seems like a bloody good manager too really - what he's doing there is miraculous. Blackpool comfortably holding their own in the premier league without even a billionaire sugar daddy, it's madness.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Withers

Love Holloway, hate Broadmoor.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agreed. At least he's passionate and honest, seems like a bloody good manager too really - what he's doing there is miraculous. Blackpool comfortably holding their own in the premier league without even a billionaire sugar daddy, it's madness.
Because of his personality people ignorantly dismiss the idea that he may know what he's on about. He is in fact very tactically astute and an extremely intelligent bloke. The dodgy accent doesn't help.

But as a football man he is top drawer. Ask any pro that has played under him will concur. His training sessions are always innovative and enjoyable too and his man management was very good.

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:34 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Ian Holloway again

Quote:
BETWEEN A BLACKPOOL ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

When Wolves manager Mick McCarthy fielded what amounted to a reserve team for a trip to Manchester United last season, no end of sanctimonious hacks, Wolves fans and non-Wolves fans were overcome by Downton Abbey-esque attacks of the vapours. Somehow managing to stifle giggles as they sermonised about protecting "the integrity of the Premier League" (no, really), they expressed outrage that Mick had put the best interests of his employers before those of the Premier League by sending a team of 11 Premier League-approved Premier League players out to play in the Premier League.

By hitting Wolves with a suspended fine, the blazers of the Premier League set a dangerous precedent. And last night, Blackpool manager Ian "Ollie" Holloway threw down the yellow rubber Marigold, threatening to resign if he was punished for doing much the same thing against Aston Villa, the only difference being that instead of getting hammered 3-0 at Old Trafford, his team of Premier League-approved Premier League players playing in the Premier League were desperately unlucky to lose.

"Let some person from the Premier League even try to tell me who I can pick," he roared, before some person from the Premier League had even tried to tell him anything. "I'd just pack it in, I can't work for this madness. I would resign. They do not know what they're talking about."

Holloway was almost certainly ranting and raving in the heat of the moment, but considering his swashbuckling squad of bargain-basement fancy dans has done far more to protect what passes for the integrity of the Premier League than any number of petrol-rich clubs playing three defensive midfielders in the hope of eking out home draws, he would have every right to feel aggrieved if his club got fined. On the flip side, Wolves would almost certainly have plenty to say if they didn't get at least a £25,000 suspended fine. The Premier League has promised to "look into" the awkward situation, a complicated process that's sure to involve - one would hope - its very best man or somebody equally qualified ignoring it at as hard as they can, in the forlorn hope that it will eventually just go away.
From yesterdays Fiver.
Closed Thread