koppas

Thumbs up Daniel Levy is spot on in my opinion

nft.

Unread 19-07-2008, 12:43 PM
dunk

In what respect?

Unread 19-07-2008, 12:44 PM
koppas

Very hyprocritical of the club to moan about Real when we have gone even further by saying: "We are hopeful of signing him".

Unread 19-07-2008, 12:45 PM
dunk

After making an official approach and bid.

I would hope that we are hopeful of signing a player we have made a bid for, if we hope we don't sign him then we are £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 19-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Zorg

Levy's done exactly the same, even worse actually, with Palace.

Therefore he's a hypocritical @#%&! as well.

Unread 19-07-2008, 01:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Completely different for so many reasons.

Real have publicly tried to unsettle at player with a ridiculous campaign, we haven't even mentioned him until we placed a bid. I also think some of this is some PR from Spurs, I reckon Spurs haven't been as 'we're not selling him' as they're making out.

If Spurs sold Keane and Berbatov to Premier League rivals without much of a fight then it wouldn't make them look good to their fans or anybody else, like they can't compete.

Unread 19-07-2008, 01:55 PM
magic_cantona

I've just been listening to Graham Roberts (ex-Spurs 'hardman') and he says Bentley to Spurs is nailed on, a done deal and Bentley has already bought a house in North London.

Funny how Blackburn haven't announced anything yet.

Levy is a £#%&!ing gobshite.

Unread 19-07-2008, 02:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

wtf are you on about you silly @#%&!

United have made an OFFICIAL BID for Berbatov

Real madrid have done...er £#%&! all apart from talk shite and offer nowt

so not really the same is it

Unread 19-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Whalefish

The two are £#%&!ing worlds apart.

Also, Spurs want Bentley. It's worth noting that Villa had a bid tabled earlier in the week. It's now withdrawn.

Spurs came to the table before it was withdrawn with a lower offer. Why? Because the player wants a move to London. How do they know that unless they've been speaking to his agent or the player behind Blackburn's back?

Unless Blackburn gave them permission of course and if their CEO is telling the truth, no club has been given permission to speak to Bentley.

In a nutshell, it's all a load of %@#$&!s. Levy et al can kick and scream as much as they want but they're just as likely to do something daft/wrong in the transfer market as Utd are. In fact they've already done it re Bostock.

Also, if I was Levy and thank £#%&! I'm not the Penfold lookalike, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank if Keane and Berbatov were sold. Both in their late twenties, combined fee of circa £50million. Jesus. Snap their £#%&!ing hands off.

Unread 19-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Elsey

Levy is a tool.

Unread 19-07-2008, 02:49 PM
utd99

Default Plus, there is also the unprovable difference that Spurs actually WANT to sell Berbs..

I say unprovable because they will deny it until they are blue in the face, but comments that have been attributed to Ramos since he joined would indicate that he is not the sort of fella to force an unhappy player to stay. Especially one he inherited.

The Keane situation is a bit different in that it has come out of the blue a little bit and the player himself had not been disgruntled until the Liverpool interest, so I think that caught them out a little, and the thought of having to replace both is whats worrying them.

However the Berbatov situation has been well documented for at least 2 seasons and Ramos would have been well aware of that prior to his arrival. I think the only reason nothing has happened on that front already is that JR arrived with the season already underway and Spurs in trouble, and with no real value in the Winter window what would have been the point? I seriously doubt though that the Tottenham management view DB, as good as he may be, as a player they can rely on to build a team around. Ramos will have a 3/5 year plan and Berbatov is most certainly not part of it.

So you are correct that Levy has a point (do any of us seriously doubt that there have been back-door communications?), but wrong in that the situations are not the same and his motives for voicing them are disengenuous.

Unread 19-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Elsey

Spurs declined 17 million for Bent on Tuesday.

That would have been a small profit, I think Levy and Commoli would have gone with it but Ramos saud no, not for sale.

Unread 19-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
Spurs declined 17 million for Bent on Tuesday.

That would have been a small profit, I think Levy and Commoli would have gone with it but Ramos saud no, not for sale.
Who from, Sunderland?

Unread 19-07-2008, 03:43 PM
utd99

Default Remember that we are talking about negotiations between a jew and a jock so it may take a while..

..final price will probably be 27m and a gourd.

Unread 19-07-2008, 04:33 PM
SilverSurfer

Is this the same Daniel Levy who tapped up Juande Ramos while Martin Jol was still his manager? The same guy who told just about everyone but Jol first that the poor man was on his way? What an honourable guy he is.

Unread 19-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Whalefish

Lets not forget their pursuit of Bale too.

Unread 19-07-2008, 05:18 PM
dunk

I'm sure they played the @#%&!s with Routledge, Malbranque and Giles Barnes too, although they didn't get him.

Unread 19-07-2008, 05:37 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Is this the same Daniel Levy who tapped up Juande Ramos while Martin Jol was still his manager? The same guy who told just about everyone but Jol first that the poor man was on his way? What an honourable guy he is.
Yes the same guy who TV cameras showed to be enjoying his own side falling behind in what was Jol's last game in charge, a good guy alright

Unread 19-07-2008, 08:57 PM
bobbledinho

SSN now, Fergie saying the quotes attributed to him are nonsense, he never mentioned any player by name.

Unread 19-07-2008, 08:59 PM
bobbledinho

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/7513117.stm
Closed Thread