United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I mean, I hate the glazers/woowar but this is probably one window we should be reasonably happy with.

Even if we still do need a mid and RB
100%.

If anyone at the start of the window said we'd be signing Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo and that's it, I think they'd have taken it.

The fact we haven't signed a midfielder is jarring, though.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:05 AM
Dr Stranger

I like who we’ve gone for and how we’ve done it, but let’s not pretend the Glazers pushed the boat out.

We’ve spent around £130m, which is not a lot these days and what id expect an ambitious club to do as a minimum. And all this “they sanctioned the Ronaldo deal”…. You bet they did! That man pays for himself. Dan James sale covers his wages and the shirt sales can go in their pocket.

That’s also all we’re getting. I’m sure Ole would like more.

They’re mastered the art of doing just enough and looking generous. £#%&! them.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:05 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I mean, I hate the glazers/woowar but this is probably one window we should be reasonably happy with.

Even if we still do need a mid and RB
It's like saying "Our army is looking great General, but our front line is likely to collapse at the first sign of any pressure - then we're £#%&!ed. But we do have great helicopters to evacuate the decent soldiers, sir."

I'm delighted at what we do have but Fred/Matic can't go on any longer without it ruining this season.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:08 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's like saying "Our army is looking great General, but our front line is likely to collapse at the first sign of any pressure - then we're £#%&!ed. But we do have great helicopters to evacuate the decent soldiers, sir."

I'm delighted at what we do have but Fred/Matic can't go on any longer without it ruining this season.

Probably one of the worst analogies I've ever heard.

but yeah, we're not winning the league with mcfred

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:10 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Probably one of the worst analogies I've ever heard.

but yeah, we're not winning the league with mcfred
So basically, you AGREE with the worst analogy you've ever heard? OK.....

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:15 AM
Neo

The Madrid rebuild is starting to look dauntingly impressive.

Camavinga now, with Mbappe and Pogba likely on freebies in January.

If they get Mbappe on a free, I reckon they'll use the spare cash to be the front-runners for Haaland next summer, too.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:18 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The Madrid rebuild is starting to look dauntingly impressive.

Camavinga now, with Mbappe and Pogba likely on freebies in January.

If they get Mbappe on a free, I reckon they'll use the spare cash to be the front-runners for Haaland next summer, too.
The spare cash. £#%&!ing sickening, isn't it?

I don't know about Pogba though.....I'll probably get called all sorts but he seems happier, playing better and maybe he stays? Or he £#%&!s off for the biggest pay day of his and Fatties life.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:22 AM
Jethro

Madrid and spare cash ffs

This Summer has felt like a giant coordinated effort from all the top clubs imo. Maybe the Mbappe bid was just posturing to show Madrid are still the big dogs etc. Football is going to become more like American sports with players doing a stint at club before moving onto the next pay day.

If DVB can't get more than 5 mins game time then missing out on this kid is zero issue for me.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:27 AM
Ronny

What has been so good about this window?
The hard work was done last year for Sancho and we are paying the fee over the length of the contract,
Ole must have known Varanne was prepared to crawl over broken glass to sign for us this year,
We were manipulated into giving Ronald what he wanted and it remains to be seen what he can still offer on the pitch.
Ole has been given nothing beyond that to improve the glaring weaknesses of the squad.
Moreover he has allowed players to decide for themselves whether to leave or not.
The squad is as bloated and unbalanced now as it ever was.

Unread 31-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
The hard work was done last year for Sancho and we are paying the fee over the length of the contract,
Ole must have known Varanne was prepared to crawl over broken glass to sign for us this year,
We were manipulated into giving Ronald what he wanted and it remains to be seen what he can still offer on the pitch.
Ole has been given nothing beyond that to improve the glaring weaknesses of the squad.
Moreover he has allowed players to decide for themselves whether to leave or not.

What tune mate?

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:03 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Yep. Apart from the £75m winger he wanted, the best player in the world, and one of the top 2 Centre backs in the world, Ole's been properly shafted this window.

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:14 AM
Ethers

Quote:
You spoilt little shit.

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:16 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Sounds like a you problem.

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:16 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Madrid and spare cash ffs

This Summer has felt like a giant coordinated effort from all the top clubs imo. Maybe the Mbappe bid was just posturing to show Madrid are still the big dogs etc. Football is going to become more like American sports with players doing a stint at club before moving onto the next pay day.

If DVB can't get more than 5 mins game time then missing out on this kid is zero issue for me.
Maybe the Madrid 'bids' and PSG rejecting them is all posturing. They know he is going on a free but have to make it look like both parties tried their best to a) get him now and b) keep him.

I find it utterly astounding that they are willing to drop £160m on a player who they get for free next summer. Even if he wins them the Champions League, they won't recoup that money back.

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
McDonald ?

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I've only been on here in bits and bobs lately, but is this guy a WUM?

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:21 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
That's the spirit...

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Good post.

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:44 AM
Dr Stranger

I’m delighted with what we’ve got and disappointed with what we haven’t, and who we’ve failed to sell.

We know the Glazers are tight. The talk of around £100m net spend looks about on the money. That’s not a lot. It’s what I’d expect from them.

One of the biggest gripes in recent years as been as much about how we go about things, rather than the money we spend: taking ages to sort deals, pissing off selling clubs, then scrambling round on deadline day.

We’ve avoided that this year. We’ve paid good fees and done our business relatively early. We’ve signed players we need at the required standard of quality. Basic stuff we weren’t doing.

Ronaldo was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up and it makes sound business sense too.

The biggest let down has been a lack of midfielder that we desperately need and the lack of sales, and I’ve no doubt the two are linked.

I think we expected the likes of Lingard, Jones and possibly Pogba to leave and free up funds for a fourth or fifth signing.

If we had another £100m to throw around, I’ve no doubt Declan Rice would be here now too.

The lack of sales is a fall out from this ridiculous policy of renewing shit@#%&!s contracts, but hopefully it’s something we’ll put to bed now. Let’s hope some of the loan players out now will not be returning.

Overall, there’s a giant midfield hole that will bite us in the arse this season, but I think we’re all universally happy and excited by the three signings we have and we’ve done it in a far more encouraging way than recent years.

It’s changes nothing about the Glazers.

Unread 31-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
McDonald ?
Closed Thread