Unread 17-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Ed Sullivan

Default Chelsea targetting Kaka and Messi

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...434400,00.html

Grant targets Kaka and Messi
Chelsea boss reveals ambitious summer plans
By Rob Parrish Last updated: 17th April 2008

Premier League - Everton v Chelsea
Everton to win 2-1 - 10/1 or Chelsea to win 1-0 - 6/1.
First Goalscorers - Yakuba 7/1, Anichebe 10/1 and Drogba 9/2.
Place your first bet and we'll match it up to £20.

Kaka and Messi: Chelsea targets

Related links
Teams
AC Milan
Barcelona
More Teams Chelsea
Also see
Chelsea fixtures
Chelsea stats
Chelsea forum
Chelsea manager Avram Grant wants to bring Kaka and Lionel Messi to Stamford Bridge.

The Blues boss has already pledged to spend big in this summer's transfer market and has now made the unusual step of naming two of his top targets.

Milan ace Kaka is the current World Player of the Year, while gifted young Argentina international Messi regularly lights up Camp Nou with his stunning displays for Barcelona.

Grant has struggled to win over sections of the sceptical Chelsea support who feel he has failed to match up to the standards set by Jose Mourinho.

The Israeli's only realistic hope of silverware this season now appears to be the UEFA Champions League, with an enthralling clash with Premier League rivals Liverpool on the horizon.

Monday's 1-1 home draw against Wigan left Chelsea five points adrift of Manchester United in the Premier League title race, and Grant has vowed to act ahead of next season.

Flair player

He told the Daily Star: "We need to do something. We want to be more consistent and of course I need players who can help with this.

"Will it take a flair player like Kaka or Messi? I will not reject that one of those names will be here.

"Will they come? I think so, yes. This is a big club."

He added: "Only one team can win the Champions League. Only one team can be champions of England.

"You think players will only come to these two teams? No.

"It's not about how many players - it's about which player you can bring. We want a different style of football. If a player is good for this, we want to take him.

"I am already planning. We're speaking about it all the time for the long and short-term."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what it's worth - I reckon they will sign one of them.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Coracao

If kaka leaves, i suspect it will be to Madrid.

Can't see Messi going anywhere.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:25 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

They have absolutely no chance of signing any player of that quality.

Why would someone like Messi leave Barca to join Chelsea.
If Kaka leaves he will go to Madrid.

They are really becoming desperate and making themselves look very silly.
I heard Avram Grant say he wanted Pato from Milan this morning, what a £#%&!ing clown

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If kaka leaves, i suspect it will be to Madrid.

Can't see Messi going anywhere.
talks though.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
talks though.
Yes, and Madrid aren't short of it.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:27 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Grant targets Kaka and Messi
Chelsea boss reveals ambitious summer plans
Translation: Chelsea manager desperately tries to save himself from the sack.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:29 PM

"Will they come? I think so, yes. This is a big club."

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Girlfriend

Avram really is a joke and he needs to keep his mouth shut! Stupid @#%&!

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Whalefish

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Stickman

he is Alex Totten

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:50 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

It must be a hard life being a Chelsea scout

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Spiffy

They had np chance of signing Schevchenko but they got him. If they offer £60M for Messi, they'll get him. The same applies to Kaka.

Hopefully both players will now be put under pressure by theor clubs to ridicule this link and Grant won't get them as the players will rule it out.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Paul Mcgrath

For Chelsea to even get a bid accepted, it'd need to be around 80m i reckon for Messi. And i still dont think he'd want to join them.

Kaka, maybe if Milan need the money from the purchase of Ronaldinho, but again they're not strapped for cash, and knowing Romans purse strings as they do, could demand 70-80m.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
They had np chance of signing Schevchenko but they got him. .
No chance of signing Shevchenko?

What?

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
No chance of signing Shevchenko?

What?
So people on here were saying, as was Milan and Schevchenko. Eventually they got him.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Coracao

Quote:
So people on here were saying, as was Milan and Schevchenko. Eventually they got him.
A completely different set of circumstances.

30 years old.

Past his best.

'Personal' friendship with Abramovich.

Unread 17-04-2008, 01:52 PM
bruntyboy

With 5 games to go Milan (and Sampdoria) are 4 points behind 4th place and Udinese are 5 points behind. No guarantee yet of Champions League football for them next season.

Also Ajax (and Huntelaar) need to win their last game and hope PSV don't win to automatically qualify for the CL - otherwise they are then in the 2nd - 4th place play offs for the other place.

Unread 17-04-2008, 01:57 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
brilliant! i must say, i'm enjoying your recent cartoon-inspired postings, whaley.

chelsea will have a few big signings this summer. they'll have quite a few leaving and will need to sign some major players. they'll still go backwards, though.

i'll be interested to see who replaces grant. whatever they're saying to the cameras, i don't believe for a second that he'll be in charge for the new season. a cheeky bid for juande ramos is not unlikely imo, though i doubt he'd be willing. they'll definitely get someone in, however.

drogba, shevchenko, malouda and lampard out, i'd guess. a bunch of not so young names in. no particular change in how they play.

Unread 17-04-2008, 02:02 PM
puressence

he looks like he has downs tbh.... and looks like alf from home and away

Unread 17-04-2008, 02:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
They had np chance of signing Schevchenko but they got him. If they offer £60M for Messi, they'll get him. The same applies to Kaka.

Hopefully both players will now be put under pressure by theor clubs to ridicule this link and Grant won't get them as the players will rule it out.

Shevchenko is very pally with Abramovich.I thought they'd end up signing him.

Messi and Kaka though............................................ ...? HA HA HA!
Closed Thread