United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I can't believe it's almost the annual James McLean Poppy Argument time of the year.

Where has time gone?
no doubt you will be the ringleader of the tormentors

Unread 15-10-2019, 09:12 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
I heard that mark francois’ mildly nationalist statements are currently the talk of eastern european neo nazi movement
Bit obvious pal. Of course there’s no direct link but don’t you believe in standards? And do you not get the feeling that more aggressive nationalistic language is becoming more accepted?

It’s a tricky area - on the one hand we should feel free to call out religious/cultural extremes without fear of being accused of being racist but at the same time, we should surely elevate ourselves above the crap that trump and Francois peddle?

In fact, the two should go hand in hand.

Unread 15-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I hope there is moral outrage towards the England fans who will be calling James McClean a Fenian bastard in a month's time 🇮🇪
Well said Seamus.

I see the usual 'eastern Europeans' are all racist claims are out again. Where were these Nazi salutes last weekend when England played in Prague? 'Oh they're all the same'

Some awful racism these days

Unread 15-10-2019, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I heard that mark francois’ mildly nationalist statements are currently the talk of eastern european neo nazi movement
Arf.

He is the chant "two world wars and one world cup" in human form.

Unread 15-10-2019, 05:47 PM
jem

Quote:
I hope there is moral outrage towards the England fans who will be calling James McClean a Fenian bastard in a month's time 🇮🇪
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He is the chant "two world wars and one world cup" in human form.
neither of these is racist.

racism is worse than invading someone's country and then getting upset when they don't like it.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Bit obvious pal. Of course there’s no direct link but don’t you believe in standards? And do you not get the feeling that more aggressive nationalistic language is becoming more accepted?

It’s a tricky area - on the one hand we should feel free to call out religious/cultural extremes without fear of being accused of being racist but at the same time, we should surely elevate ourselves above the crap that trump and Francois peddle?

In fact, the two should go hand in hand.
End of errand surely? You can’t argue there’s no link and continue to link the issues. You just don’t like francois and his sentiments which is fine. Nationalism in itself is nothing to be ashamed of. To link him and racism in general and with bulgarian neo nazis in particular is nothing but an attempt to smear. A disgustingly common tactic of the Ieft.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:21 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
no doubt you will be the ringleader of the tormentors
I'm awaiting confirmation from HR but that's the plan.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
End of errand surely? You can’t argue there’s no link and continue to link the issues. You just don’t like francois and his sentiments which is fine. Nationalism in itself is nothing to be ashamed of. To link him and racism in general and with bulgarian neo nazis in particular is nothing but an attempt to smear. A disgustingly common tactic of the Ieft.
Being no 'direct link', which is quite obvious, is in no way the same as there being no in-direct link.

Where people who are in positions which grant them a soapbox are abusing it with over the top jingoistic nationalism, which is in-directly influencing people. Seems plausible, and it might be one of the reasons why hate crime seems to be increasing.

Or it's a plot from the reds under the bed.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Being no 'direct link', which is quite obvious, is in no way the same as there being no in-direct link.

Where people who are in positions which grant them a soapbox are abusing it with over the top jingoistic nationalism, which is in-directly influencing people. Seems plausible, and it might be one of the reasons why hate crime seems to be increasing.

Or it's a plot from the reds under the bed.
You’ll have to explain the indirect link from mark francois to bulgarian neo nazis.

‘Hate’ crime is only increasing because the definition of what constituted hate crime is expanding

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
‘Hate’ crime is only increasing because the definition of what constituted hate crime is expanding
Well that’s one right there...

Closed Thread