Unread 07-05-2019, 01:32 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
we were on top for 20yrs ffs
See above x

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:40 PM
DuanePipe

If you're not even in the shake up to get this lad, WTF?

Take it from your official Primeira Liga / Portuguese talent correspondent over here, he's a really good player already.

Wolves were interested a year ago but he's gone way out of our reach since then. Not yours though. So, you know, wakey wakey Woody. You want to outbid City for Sanchez and let them just scuttle off with this youth? Get in the mix.

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:43 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Get in the mix.
more likely we'll get in the bin

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:44 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Take it from your official Primeira Liga / Portuguese talent correspondent over here, he's a really good player already.

Wolves were interested a year ago but he's gone way out of our reach since then. Not yours though. So, you know, wakey wakey Woody. You want to outbid City for Sanchez and let them just scuttle off with this youth? Get in the mix.
we are after a young dutch lad called Arjan Robben. I hear on the football manager message boards he has a good left foot.

did not want to post this here incase city's lads found out

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:44 PM
messhead

Quote:

Yep, other half's family are Benfica mad and they think he's the best player they've produced in years.

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
In 1999, we didn't build upon it.
Quote:
Manchester United won the league again in the 1999–2000 and 2000–01 seasons. The team finished third in 2001–02, before regaining the title in 2002–03.[54] They won the 2003–04 FA Cup, beating Millwall 3–0 in the final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff to lift the trophy for a record 11th time.[55] In the 2005–06 season, Manchester United failed to qualify for the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in over a decade,[56] but recovered to secure a second-place league finish and victory over Wigan Athletic in the 2006 Football League Cup Final. The club regained the Premier League in the 2006–07 season, before completing the European double in 2007–08 with a 6–5 penalty shoot-out victory over Chelsea in the 2008 UEFA Champions League Final in Moscow to go with their 17th English league title.

In December 2008, the club won the 2008 FIFA Club World Cup and followed this with the 2008–09 Football League Cup, and its third successive Premier League title.[58][59] That summer, Cristiano Ronaldo was sold to Real Madrid for a world record £80 million.[60] In 2010, Manchester United defeated Aston Villa 2–1 at Wembley to retain the League Cup, its first successful defence of a knockout cup competition.[61]

After finishing as runner-up to Chelsea in the 2009–10 season, United achieved a record 19th league title in 2010–11, securing the championship with a 1–1 away draw against Blackburn Rovers on 14 May 2011.[62] This was extended to 20 league titles in 2012–13, securing the championship with a 3–0 home win against Aston Villa on 22 April 2013
OK...

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:56 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
OK...
We are talking about the players we bought? You reckon the three stooges (Owen) posted above were adequate investment into a team that had just won the champions league?

Unread 07-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Seamus

after we were soundly beaten by Barca at wembley we went out and bought Ashley Young and Phil Jones to bridge the gap.

That same season they went and bought Alex Hleb, Cesc Fàbregas and Alexis Sánchez

Unread 07-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Hugely overated.......

Unread 07-05-2019, 02:03 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
after we were soundly beaten by Barca at wembley we went out and bought Ashley Young and Phil Jones to bridge the gap.

That same season they went and bought Alex Hleb, Cesc Fàbregas and Alexis Sánchez
Not sure what is worse.

Five $#*!@#%&!s to choose from in that post.

Unread 07-05-2019, 02:06 PM
puressence

City interested ...

Sparky city sign player 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 07-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Not sure what is worse.

Five $#*!@#%&!s to choose from in that post.
Fabregas and Sanchez were not shit. Although, I'd argue that Sanchez was never as good as he was made out by some.

Was good though

Unread 07-05-2019, 03:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:

If the berts want him he'll go there. We only got that £#%&!ing @#%&! Sánchez because they let us.

Unread 07-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

We're finished mate. All we're good for is paying over the odds for shit nobody else wants.

Wolves will finish above us next season, comfortably. This is officially post Busby now, all over again. The 70s revisited, except without the misty-eyed bullshit nostalgia, just the shit football.

Unread 07-05-2019, 03:11 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're finished mate. All we're good for is paying over the odds for shit nobody else wants.

Wolves will finish above us next season, comfortably. This is officially post Busby now, all over again. The 70s revisited, except without the misty-eyed bullshit nostalgia, just the shit football.
you ok pal?

Unread 07-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

They bought Hleb after they beat us in Rome. Take your point though. In Fergie's book he said if he ever faced Barca again this was his plan

Quote:
''After the inquest I told myself: 'When we play Barcelona next time in a Champions League final, I would have Jones and Smalling, or Smalling and Evans, right on top of Messi. I wasn't going to let him torture us again.''

Unread 07-05-2019, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
you ok pal?
no mate. not really. been off my face since friday in dusseldorf and i think this is the comedown.

Unread 07-05-2019, 03:18 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
no mate. not really. been off my face since friday in dusseldorf and i think this is the comedown.

i knew it could not just be this lot getting to you. Looking forward to the end of the season. Might log out of the lot take a nice long break.

Unread 07-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
belting place. Went via there on the way to moscow.....

ffs

Unread 07-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Jethro

Be honest. How many had heard of Felix or Fernandes before we were linked? City going big. Transfer ban looming
Closed Thread