United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2019, 11:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Ran his %@#$&!s off today; was everywhere. Is there a player in there? Has so many of the tools. Can't afford to run out of time.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:51 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ran his %@#$&!s off today; was everywhere. Is there a player in there? Has so many of the tools. Can't afford to run out of time.
Like a lot of the young ones at the moment, we've not got enough leaders on the pitch to help them out. Neville's lot had Schmeichel, Irwin, Pallister, Keane and Cantona to guide them, together with Giggs settling in a couple of years earlier. These lads have the dabtastic Lingard, Brand Pogba and a bunch of permacrocks to be inspired by outside of De Gea and Maguire.

Unread 21-10-2019, 02:33 AM
Chris Quayd

Not sure what he excels at and don't think he suits playing in this league but the boy has a pair of stones, gives it 100% and plays dirty if he needs to. His final ball in the first half was infuriating but he's an average player doing his best, the Brazilian/Belgian Herrera.

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Don't think so. Great effort, but beyond that he was pretty average.

Unread 21-10-2019, 05:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Ran his balls off today; was everywhere. Is there a player in there? Has so many of the tools. Can't afford to run out of time.
Absolutely outstanding today. Hope he kicks on. Really likeable attitude and work ethic. Has quality too. A lot to like tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Don't think so. Great effort, but beyond that he was pretty average.
Average he was brilliant

Unread 21-10-2019, 06:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Absolutely outstanding today. Hope he kicks on. Really likeable attitude and work ethic. Has quality too. A lot to like tbf.

Average he was brilliant
He got stuck in. he pulled off two good passes. and he was poor when in on goal. I'm sticking with average.

Unread 21-10-2019, 06:24 AM
Albert Tatlock

He's a squad player like Park was. But, like park he can have good days like today. Right now we've not that much choice.

Unread 21-10-2019, 06:28 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He got stuck in. he pulled off two good passes. and he was poor when in on goal. I'm sticking with average.
You said he was very good on the Rashford thread

Unread 21-10-2019, 06:42 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You said he was very good on the Rashford thread

I'm all over the shop. I want to say he was good but also not go over the top - kingdom of the blind and all that.

It was more saying that the front three were impressive as a unit. Set the tone and battled hard - which is the least we can expect vs Liverpool.

Or something like that.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:30 AM
puressence

thought he was excellent tbh obviously the fan boys will say martial did more

Unread 21-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Jethro

Actually started to see something of a player when put in his best position. Still had some dogshit moments but overall pretty good. One of the few to come out with a modicum of respect.

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Ran his balls off today; was everywhere. Is there a player in there? Has so many of the tools. Can't afford to run out of time.
He works hard. No doubt about that.

Some terrible decision making in the final third.

He kind of epitomised where we are right now. A hard working player who shows the occasional bit of promise, but theres serious doubts whether he is actually good enough.

He does everything ok, but nothing particularly well.

He's benefitting from playing regularly and it's hard to dislike someone so spirited, but he'd be one of the first on the list we need to upgrade if we're to improve.

Stood up yesterday though and was one of better performers. Good on him

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Red Santos

he's average.

mid-table Premier League average (fits in perfectly etc)

worked hard and put a decent shift yesterday as did most of his team mates

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Actually started to see something of a player when put in his best position. Still had some dogshit moments but overall pretty good. One of the few to come out with a modicum of respect.
Horrendous decision making when it came to the sharp end, shooting when he should pass, passing when he should dribble. Fairly pointless running about a lot if you can't see a colleague wide open to your left 25 yards from the goal.

Happy to see him get a shirt instead of Lingard, but we should have Pogba in that position once they're all fit again. Rashford left, Martial ahead & James to the right. Pogba ahead of Fred & McTommers. 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1.

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:41 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Horrendous decision making when it came to the sharp end, shooting when he should pass, passing when he should dribble. Fairly pointless running about a lot if you can't see a colleague wide open to your left 25 yards from the goal.

Happy to see him get a shirt instead of Lingard, but we should have Pogba in that position once they're all fit again. Rashford left, Martial ahead & James to the right. Pogba ahead of Fred & McTommers. 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1.
Not sure Pogba would press with the intensity Andy P showed yesterday tbf.

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I think we can safely say he wouldn't.

I dread to think how much Pogba would have given the ball away yesterday.

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think we can safely say he wouldn't.

I dread to think how much Pogba would have given the ball away yesterday.
As admirable as his work ethic may be, his quality with the ball as a no.10 is missing. Give me someone who can do the things Pogba can over a workhorse.

We'd also be playing a slightly different formation with him in the side against the 3-4-1-2 we did yesterday.

Either way, Periera's not good enough to be a starter for this club if we want to get back to winning leagues etc.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
As admirable as his work ethic may be, his quality with the ball as a no.10 is missing. Give me someone who can do the things Pogba can over a workhorse.

We'd also be playing a slightly different formation with him in the side against the 3-4-1-2 we did yesterday.

Either way, Periera's not good enough to be a starter for this club if we want to get back to winning leagues etc.
Yeah, don't disagree with that. You're picking Pogba over him any day of the week.

He's doing wel for him. Which is all we can ask of what we currently have.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:07 PM
dunk

He's growing into a bit, loves a tackle for the type of player he's supposed to be. Thought he was bloody good yesterday, but the 2 or 3 opportunities he had to do something positive/potentially game changing he picked the wrong option or lacked the quality.

Need better, but that's not his fault really.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's growing into a bit, loves a tackle for the type of player he's supposed to be. Thought he was bloody good yesterday, but the 2 or 3 opportunities he had to do something positive/potentially game changing he picked the wrong option or lacked the quality.

Need better, but that's not his fault really.
I was mildly impressed; something I never thought would happen with this kid. It’s still only one game though, and it wasn’t like he was running the show, just better than normal.

Hope he kicks on.
Closed Thread