United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Mr_Ed

Default Acid Reflux / Haitus Hernia (sp)

What a nuisance. Thought I had something a lot worse as I didnít have the heart burn but once youíve got it itís a pain in the nipsy.

Have to gaviscon myself regularly these days...

Wonít stop the curry consumption though. Any other sufferers?

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:05 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
What a nuisance. Thought I had something a lot worse as I didnít have the heart burn but once youíve got it itís a pain in the nipsy.

Iím not actually sure if I have it but now youíve mentioned it, I keep waking up in the night with a burning sensation going through a mixture of my chest and throat. Is this acid reflux? Thinking of knocking the beers and fizzy drinks on the head for a couple of weeks, see if that makes a difference.

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:16 PM
ScarFace

my mum had a camera down her last year for this. haitus hernia confirmed.

prescribed omeprazole ( coats the tummy )

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
my mum had a camera down her last year for this. haitus hernia confirmed.

prescribed omeprazole ( coats the tummy )
Just had one of Lou's. Worked a treat!

I'm sure I read recently that the problem with proton pump inhibitors is that they can cause cancer. However, so can acid reflux.

Sleep well!

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:56 PM
silv

Constitution of a crocodile

Could eat ten week old rotting Komodo dragon and not even burp

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:43 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Just had one of Lou's. Worked a treat!

I'm sure I read recently that the problem with proton pump inhibitors is that they can cause cancer. However, so can acid reflux.

Sleep well!
everything causes cancer it seems. I think just in x amount of people. f***ing talc has made some b***hes c*** rot out.

Unread 10-10-2019, 03:45 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post

Have a scrip for Lansoprazole but don't take daily as prescribed however always take it if i'm going on a sesh and especially red wine is involved.

One of the best ways to combat hearburn etc is to recognise which foods and drinks f*** you up the most and steer clear if poss

Killers for me are red wines and pastry hence the scrip

Unread 10-10-2019, 07:42 AM
AK14

Would regularly wake up with a burning sensation in the chest and throat not so long back. Even had a burning acid vomit thing going on which would wake me up in the middle of the night

Cut out garlic and fizzy drinks and itís sorted itself out.

Unread 10-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Drexl

Lansoprazole is king Even the capsules look like something Gary Oldman might take in Leon

That said, I've knocked the booze on the head, rarely do spicy food, and quit dairy (for a bit), and reflux cleared up completely 100% gone, done, booked it packed it etc

Unread 10-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Iím not actually sure if I have it but now youíve mentioned it, I keep waking up in the night with a burning sensation going through a mixture of my chest and throat. Is this acid reflux? Thinking of knocking the beers and fizzy drinks on the head for a couple of weeks, see if that makes a difference.
Same as me Ned.. I donít drink fizzy stuff other than beer but spicy food is my thing