lesson 1
'put the phone down.'
'less dancing, more running'
'mr shorts, here is p45'
'young, ffs'

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ter-united-job

Unread 01-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Sapien

Now yesterday’s Honda thread makes more sense.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:11 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Now yesterday’s Honda thread makes more sense.
Is that still zooming along?
Sorry wrong brand

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:58 PM
ScarFace

We could sign a peak fergie via time machine and he'd fail with this background set up.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:25 PM
armchair

i'd take ole doing 2-3 years as manager then moving upstair to football director.

the stuff he's done as manager (bring in youngish uk players, get rid of deadwood) has been football director-like.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
i'd take ole doing 2-3 years as manager then moving upstair to football director.

the stuff he's done as manager (bring in youngish uk players, get rid of deadwood) has been football director-like.
It's true tbf. Feels like he's laid out a vision, made some good calls on squad changes and has the patience to see it through.

Just doesn't really know how to coach or motivate players maybe

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Jethro

Spurs by Friday

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post

As long as it doesn’t end too badly for him here I’d definitely be up for that.

SAF was basically the DoF/sporting director and it’s something we haven’t looked to replace since he retired. I could easily see Ole being the type of person that would do well in that type of role.

Maybe if we’d have kept Rene and Shorts on as coaches and just hired a hands on DoF in 2013 we wouldn’t be in the mess we find ourselves...

Or it could have gone much worse tbf

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
As long as it doesn’t end too badly for him here I’d definitely be up for that.

SAF was basically the DoF/sporting director and it’s something we haven’t looked to replace since he retired. I could easily see Ole being the type of person that would do well in that type of role.

Maybe if we’d have kept Rene and Shorts on as coaches and just hired a hands on DoF in 2013 we wouldn’t be in the mess we find ourselves...

Or it could have gone much worse tbf
Hard to see how it could have been *much* worse, really........

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:31 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hard to see how it could have been *much* worse, really........
Woodward says challenge accepted and signs a lifetime contract