United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:06 PM
armchair

We've psychologically broken him already.

We are the destroyer of careers. I doubt he'll come back from the afcon. He'll probably become a shaman or something out in the wilderness. People in hushed whispers, will tell tales of how he once played for Manchester United. And no-one will believe it.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:07 PM
Lok

He's never going to be good enough. Far too casual and a very average shot stopper.

I get why we took the risk on him but he's well out of his league. It wouldn't have been at bad if his transfer fee was reasonable. Another awful signing

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:08 PM
suedeshoes

He looks £#%&!ing rubbish to me. He's a liability.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:09 PM
Finport Red

I’m fairly certain that the main reason we preferred him over De Gea was that he could pass the ball, and when people said that I (wrongly now, I see that) assumed they meant to our players.

Looks and plays like some big lad up the park who once made a couple of decent saves for the local 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We've psychologically broken him already.

We are the destroyer of careers. I doubt he'll come back from the afcon. He'll probably become a shaman or something out in the wilderness. People in hushed whispers, will tell tales of how he once played for Manchester United. And no-one will believe it.
Not the ones who’ve seen him play, anyway.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Same.

I’ve got a bad feeling it wont work out for him here and we’ll be looking for a new keeper within 18 months.
*three months.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
David RAYA would have been perfect.

We are gonna need another keeper next summer I’m predicting

de geas shot stopping spoiled us
He is an old fashioned keeper in terms of this playing our from the back fad but playing out from the back doesn’t equal success as we will soon see.
Quote:
exactly what i was getting at.

yes ddg was abit shit with the all at his feet, he kept us in games with his shot stopping.

this keeper on the other hand will leave the goal unmanned a few times and make erractic decisions that will cost us.

It’s a tough one.

I’d rather we just buy some goalscorers first and then see if we haven’t anything left for a keeper
Quote:
Watch that whole YouTube video on him?

He is a shit shot stopper and a daring clumsy rush keeper.

this is crazy if it’s the alternative we had in mind for de gea.

Next season is gonna be like that ole final season when we reap what are sowing.

We need a director of football or ETH might kill us with his picks

posts from June/july.

but its all a wum right.

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:20 PM
Vedder

No chance he was this bad at Inter. Playing for United has become a poisoned chalice it seems

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Downhill since he had a go at Maguire.

Maguire is the ju-ju man.

Cross Big Harry at your peril.

Poor Onana will be in the loony bin come spring. Underpants on the head, pencils up the nose and saying “wibble” in interviews.

Quote:
posts from June/july.

but its all a wum right.
Magic was calling you a troll.

Magic.

The absurdity of it all……

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs down

Let’s be honest he’s been a disaster so far and is a large part of the reason we look such a mess at the back

I thought he’d be a great signing that would transform us but clearly I was wrong
He might turn it around from here but I doubt it

He’s not even passing it out from the back now and the one time he does he completely £#%&!s up

If he’s not giving us good passing out from the back then what’s the point in him because as a shot stopper and presence in goal he’s mediocre

If ETH gets sacked he’s not going to last long

Unread 03-10-2023, 10:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Let’s be honest he’s been a disaster so far and is a large part of the reason we look such a mess at the back

I thought he’d be a great signing that would transform us but clearly I was wrong
He might turn it around from here but I doubt it

He’s not even passing it out from the back now and the one time he does he completely £#%&!s up

If he’s not giving us good passing out from the back then what’s the point in him because as a shot stopper and presence in goal he’s mediocre

If ETH gets sacked he’s not going to last long
It’s Man Utd with the glazers. He will save two shots and Arnold will offer him a 5 year deal

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:06 PM
Hyman_Roth

Big Achilles heal for ETH unfortunately. Was utterly ruthless in publicly dispensing with a player that the world (outside of Fred’s anti-de Gea water torture) didn’t see as a huge issue, then goes for a player who is obviously his choice and who plays in a style he wants and that player turns out to be a clown.

I still think it’s early days for onana but £#%&! me, he might aswell be taking a massive shit on Erik’s shiny bonce atm.

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:12 PM
qldclone

And I thought Paddy Roche would be the worst United keeper I ever saw

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:13 PM
Hyman_Roth

I can remember hating bartez quite a bit….

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:14 PM
armchair

we better hope the turk isn't a total onana

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
we better hope the turk isn't a total onana
just remembered who signed him.

Oh ffs!!!!!
He is gonna be shit as well isn’t he !

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Downhill since he had a go at Maguire.

Maguire is the ju-ju man.

Cross Big Harry at your peril.

Poor Onana will be in the loony bin come spring. Underpants on the head, pencils up the nose and saying “wibble” in interviews.

Magic was calling you a troll.

Magic.

The absurdity of it all……
Shut the £#%&! up you lonely, weird @#%&!.

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Big Achilles heal for ETH unfortunately. Was utterly ruthless in publicly dispensing with a player that the world (outside of Fred’s anti-de Gea water torture) didn’t see as a huge issue, then goes for a player who is obviously his choice and who plays in a style he wants and that player turns out to be a clown.

I still think it’s early days for onana but £#%&! me, he might aswell be taking a massive shit on Erik’s shiny bonce atm.
The fella no clubs will touch with a barge pole? That one?

Onana hasn’t played behind the same defence twice yet has he? He’s not had 2 fullbacks for the last 3 games. Hideous mistakes in the last 2 CL games, hugely under pressure, but nothing we didn’t see regularly from de Gea. He made passes like that one today 2-3 times a game.

Onana wouldn’t have been my pick and was clearly United doing it on the cheap for a change (yes £40m was cheap compared to the Portuguese lad).

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:22 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Shut the £#%&! up you lonely, weird @#%&!.

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:24 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Dunk…

Unread 03-10-2023, 11:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
just remembered who signed him.

Oh ffs!!!!!
He is gonna be shit as well isn’t he !
I wouldn't bet against it.