United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM
dunk

Rather he stayed than we sold him and signed Llorente while the club balances the books tbh.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Proper treated him like a @#%&! haven’t we?

I get not wanting him or needing to move him to balance the books () but we’ve really treated him harshly imo. He came back to pre season training earlier than needed, did the tour but didn’t get a single minute of game time and it’s only really now he’s started acting up a little?

Not sure I’ve read his agent making many waves in the press either tbh?

We'll probably now have to accept a low ball offer or have a very disgruntled player in the squad for the season

Yeah it's not his fault he's shit tbf.

Ole has obviously made it clear he doesn't rate him, but Woody hasn't been able to do a deal with anyone to get rid. The useless £#%&!ing bastard.

State of us.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Well, it's not brilliant is it. £75m striker on god knows how much a week being used as a backup, while his market value plummets?
Suppose it's the result of a businessman running the club. Don't meet the fee, don't get the player. Our fans have been going apeshit over players being sold for derisory fees over the years.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
So no club has met his fee and it's a disaster? Bring him on for the last 20 if needed. Job done and sell him next year. Serves Inter right for being #@&%!s over Perisic.

There is no disaster about it.
But then his fee will be lower next summer and we’ll probably be asking for what Inter have offered this summer and on and on and on...

Looks and sounds like the same thing is happening with Darmian and Rojo.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
But then his fee will be lower next summer and we’ll probably be asking for what Inter have offered this summer and on and on and on...

Looks and sounds like the same thing is happening with Darmian and Rojo.
Reckon Darmian and Rojo will retire here with glorious testimonials tbh.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

There's not a £#%&!ing chance he plays for the club again after everything that's gone on
Bridges have been well and truly burned

He's going to be sold to Inter
We'll take a slight loss on what we paid for him but should thank our lucky stars there's some big clubs that still actually want a big lump up front

Don't see why we have to sign a direct replacement
Clearly Martial and Rashford are going to be given the responsibility this season which the club should do after giving them bumper new contracts
Sink or swim for the two of them

Would rather the Lukaku money went towards a defensive midfielder and wide right forward

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There's not a £#%&!ing chance he plays for the club again after everything that's gone on
Bridges have been well and truly burned

He's going to be sold to Inter
We'll take a slight loss on what we paid for him but should thank our lucky stars there's some big clubs that still actually want a big lump up front

Don't see why we have to sign a direct replacement
Clearly Martial and Rashford are going to be given the responsibility this season which the club should do after giving them bumper new contracts
Sink or swim for the two of them

Would rather the Lukaku money went towards a defensive midfielder and wide right forward
It's gone towards a CB.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's gone towards a CB.
Mate we spend a huge amount of money on transfers
I don't know where this idea that we're stingy comes from

There's very few clubs who have spent more than us since Fergie retired

If we sign a quality midfielder before the transfer window closes (don't think we will) and off load some of the defensive dead wood then that would be a more than decent transfer window

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Mate we spend a huge amount of money on transfers
I don't know where this idea that we're stingy comes from

There's very few clubs who have spent more than us since Fergie retired

If we sign a quality midfielder before the transfer window closes (don't think we will) and off load some of the defensive dead wood then that would be a more than decent transfer window
Average net spend on transfers prior to this summer over the Glazer's ownership is £50m-ish a season.

Get a decent fee for Lukaku and we're back in that ball park..

Don't get a decent fee for Lukaku and the sale of Pogba and Lukaku next summer will bring it back down.

We're a business.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

You're right, it would when looking in isolation, but the point is why the hell has it been left until the last minute? Absolute shambles.

I accept the market isn't 'easy' at the moment, but the @#%&! has had months to get these deals sorted. Instead, as per, we're now throwing the kitchen sink at any half decent midfielder or forward who might be available. It's pathetic.

Aside from which, I've got zero confidence we actually will bring anyone in.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Average net spend on transfers prior to this summer over the Glazer's ownership is £50m-ish a season.

Get a decent fee for Lukaku and we're back in that ball park..

Don't get a decent fee for Lukaku and the sale of Pogba and Lukaku next summer will bring it back down.

We're a business.
Well I wasn't speaking about average spend since 2005 which is kind of pointless as the market has changed beyond all recognition since then

Do a net spend since Fergie retired and compare it to other clubs
We would be near the top of European football net spends

The problem isn't so much what we have done this summer but how much we £#%&!ed up previously
Left us far too many holes to plug in one window with such an inflated transfer market
However we should have signed a central midfielder by now as that for me was the priority this summer

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
You're right, it would when looking in isolation, but the point is why the hell has it been left until the last minute? Absolute shambles.

I accept the market isn't 'easy' at the moment, but the @#%&! has had months to get these deals sorted. Instead, as per, we're now throwing the kitchen sink at any half decent midfielder or forward who might be available. It's pathetic.

Aside from which, I've got zero confidence we actually will bring anyone in.
It's debatable whether we are or not. You really do have to wonder if it is serious interest, or just noise to occupy the airwaves until the window closes. It stopped everyone talking about that open-letter at the very least.

We'll probably not sign anyone else, and then when the window slam shuts the club will fall back on the media rumblings and claim that we tried. Lukaku will leave once our window closes and we won't be able to sign a replacement.

I'd loved to be wrong and we sign a proper midfielder and a replacement for Lukaku, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well I wasn't speaking about average spend since 2005 which is kind of pointless as the market has changed beyond all recognition since then

Do a net spend since Fergie retired and compare it to other clubs
We would be near the top of European football net spends

The problem isn't so much what we have done this summer but how much we £#%&!ed up previously
Left us far too many holes to plug in one window with such an inflated transfer market
However we should have signed a central midfielder by now as that for me was the priority this summer
It illustrates that we balance the books. They spent the barest minimum under Fergie in order to spend a few quid when he left. That has now been exhausted. They have a budget for re-investment each summer, but books have to be balanced.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Vedder

Kinda hoping he stays now ffs. Relying on Martial and Rashford for the season

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It's debatable whether we are or not. You really do have to wonder if it is serious interest, or just noise to occupy the airwaves until the window closes. It stopped everyone talking about that open-letter at the very least.

We'll probably not sign anyone else, and then when the window slam shuts the club will fall back on the media rumblings and claim that we tried. Lukaku will leave once our window closes and we won't be able to sign a replacement.

I'd loved to be wrong and we sign a proper midfielder and a replacement for Lukaku, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen.

Ok fair enough, it is all paper %@#$&!s, but it's also backed by some reasonably 'itk' sources. No smoke without fire etc.

Point being, regardless, we haven't signed a £#%&!ing midfielder that we're obviously short of (i'd argue for 2 but there you go), and there's 48 hours or so of the window left.

Absolute pissing shambles.

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:44 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Kinda hoping he stays now ffs. Relying on Martial and Rashford for the season
£#%&! that. Give Greenwood his minutes, and give Martial the number 9 back and play him more central

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£#%&! that. Give Greenwood his minutes, and give Martial the number 9 back and play him more central
Agreed. At least then there will be no more excuses for Martial in particular.

Not that he'll need them

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Buck

Perisic being linked with Watford. This time last year the mourons wanted him to be bought for £50m to take Martial's spot and link up with this lump

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
I dont understand how the club think its ok to get rid of Lukaku (who everyone obviously wants rid of) and not sign a top tier replacement? Madnzukic the only striker we've been linked with since Dybala turned us down.

So we're proceeding with selling a £80million striker and signing an aging £15million striker......okay then.

Absolute £#%&!ing shambles.
sell Lukaku, sign no replacement. fee for Maguire offset and the gimps are happy.

replace him with Mandzukic. is it on a par with selling Ronnie and replacing him with Valencia, owen and Obertan?

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:59 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
sell Lukaku, sign no replacement. fee for Maguire offset and the gimps are happy.

replace him with Mandzukic. is it on a par with selling Ronnie and replacing him with Valencia, owen and Obertan?
Are you suggesting the gulf in class is the same

Only one person in that post is any good
Closed Thread