United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Love signings like this.

Very little fanfare. Done fairly on the sly. Young talented kid with plenty to prove. Brilliant name and an absolute steal of a fee.

To think that Rik From The Young Ones looking tit Grealish costs more than TWICE this guy.

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:41 PM
waynes ear's

Cant go wrong with a dutch lad at United.

Depay doesnt count, the £#%&!ing turd

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Bunker Buster

#cans

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Drexl

Thumbs up

What a smashing do

I'm going bloody Beek-army barmy

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
menLoad mobile navigation

Manchester United transfer news LIVE Van de Beek signing confirmed and Upamecano latest
Stay tuned throughout the day for the latest Man United news as the club announce the capture of Donny van de Beek.

Manchester United transfer gossip round-up - 1st September, 2020
The latest talk about the ins and outs at Old Trafford.
Play Video
TAP TO PLAY
TUESDAY TRANSFER GOSSIP ROUND-UP: UPAMECANO, FRED, THIAGO, SMALLING
Mason Greenwood believes Manchester United teammate Marcus Rashford has had the biggest influence on his career so far. The 18-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, netting 18 goals in all competitions to help United secure a return to the Champions League.

Greenwood 's impressive form led to praise from legendary England forwards Alan Shearer and Wayne Rooney with Gareth Southgate rewarding his efforts with a debut call-up to the senior England national team.

The youngster would have been joined by Rashford in the England camp before an ankle injury forced the left winger to withdraw from the squad. Greenwood heaped praise on his countryman and named him as someone he looks up to.

"Marcus," he said when asked who has been the biggest influence on his career so far. "He's taken the same path as me at the club."

Stick with us for all the latest transfer news.

KEY EVENTS
Lionel Messi 'charmed' by United transfer suggestion
12:13
Manchester United sign Donny van de Beek
17:28
Exclusive: Dean Henderson staying with United
08:41

12:13KEY EVENT
Lionel Messi 'charmed' by United transfer suggestion
Lionel Messi was previously more open to joining United than Man City, according to reports.

The Athletic suggest Messi’s preference is now to join City this summer, but they reference a source who says the Argentine was originally “more charmed” by “historic English clubs such as Manchester United.”

MEN Sport understand United have no interest in pursuing a move for Messi this summer and are continuing to prioritise a transfer for Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho.

Lionel Messi wants to leave Barcelona this summer
Lionel Messi wants to leave Barcelona this summer (Image: Manu Fernandez/Pool via Getty Images)
17:32MARCUS BANKS
Van de Beek's first words as a United player
Donny van de Beek has expressed his excitement after joining Manchester United.

He said:

"I cannot begin to explain how incredible an opportunity it is to join a club with such an amazing history. I would like to thank everyone at Ajax. I grew up there and I will always have a special bond with the club.

"Everyone has told me how amazing the Old Trafford atmosphere is and I am looking forward to experiencing that, once it is safe for the fans to return.

"This team has some of the best midfielders in the world and I know that I can learn from them and also bring my own strengths to the group.

"Having spoken to the manager about his vision for this team, the direction that the club is going in is hugely exciting and I cannot wait to be a part of that."
Apologise. Now.

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:49 PM
armchair

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:50 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Cant go wrong with a dutch lad at United.

Depay doesnt count, the £#%&!ing turd
Alexander Büttner?

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:50 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Mega that.

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Mega that.
The 3 better Ajax players vids would be even better.

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Sapien

Seems like he has the right character. Confidence with humility

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Seems like he has the right character. Confidence with humility
Bruno II

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:55 PM
NedKelly

He’s gonna be great. I can feel it. Quietly buzzing about next season.

Unread 02-09-2020, 05:57 PM
Throw

Keep thinking he looks like Steve McQueens kid from the Cobra Kais but maybe that’s cos he’s called Dutch. He’s not quite tubby enough.

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:03 PM
bosskeano

Van de Beek has spoken to the official site about his delight at moving to Old Trafford.

I cannot begin to explain how incredible an opportunity it is to join a club with such an amazing history. I would like to thank everyone at Ajax. I grew up there and I will always have a special bond with the club. I am now ready to take the next step in my career and perform at the highest level and there is no higher standard than Manchester United.

Everyone has told me how amazing the Old Trafford atmosphere is and I am looking forward to experiencing that, once it is safe for the fans to return. This team has some of the best midfielders in the world and I know that I can learn from them and also bring my own strengths to the group. Having spoken to the manager about his vision for this team, the direction that the club is going in is hugely exciting and I cannot wait to be a part of that.

The transfer seemingly came out of nowhere, with the press not linking us to the player until the past week, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has clearly had his eye on the 23-year-old for a while.

Donny has all of the technical attributes needed to perform in this team and has the personality required to succeed at Manchester United. His ability to see space, time his movements and read the game will really complement the qualities that we have in midfield and his arrival really strengthens the depth of talent we have in that position. Donny’s performances in the Eredivisie and in Europe have been excellent over the last few years and we are all looking forward to working with him.

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:04 PM
dunk

Yet to see the ‘Did X need Y’ articles for the masses of City and Chelsea signings :£#%&!er:

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/...230394880?s=21

Yet to see the ‘Did X need Y’ articles for the masses of City and Chelsea signings :£#%&!er:
Because we're still the biggest club in england and a signing like this SHOULD £#%&!ing scare them..

He's £#%&!ing brilliant...

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:07 PM
bosskeano

absolutely brilliant signing to get a young, dutch midfielder who has plenty of experience and technically gifted.

we got DvB and Bruno for less than what we were quoted for Grealish

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:13 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/...230394880?s=21

When United sign someone its always "who will they replace/how will they fit in?" Etc. Are United only allowed 11 good players? Obviously when we don't do well the same people say it's because the squad isn't good enough.

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

de light and de jong cost 75m quid each. This lad is a steal