United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2020, 11:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
If you want a list of "Ole out crew" members, for your records, this is a useful thread: https://www.utdforum.com/forum/poll....ts&pollid=1979

Hopefully more of them take you up on the offer, because I'm not sure all the Ole in crew are as understanding as you are. I know I'll personally struggle to forgive people who called our manager a "clueless" "£#%&!ing idiot" "Norwegian fisherman" who only got the job because he "poked his toe out in 99", and wanted him sacked within a year of him being made manager.

Obviously not a comprehensive list (AK14 for instance said he'd sack Ole as soon as Poch was available in the above thread), but you'll probably have to wait until we next lose for most of the Ole out'ers to show up.
only surprise sparky not on out list he must have been confused ps yhgr

Unread 09-03-2020, 11:57 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Good windles. I’ve noted there’s been no correction of the bad rep you gave me recently. You mentioned that you had been hasty in pressing red and would correct your error?

I don’t want to appear small minded but it’s these things that define us as people. Everyone from the ‘ole in’ crew has to trust each other. Our bonds are unbreakable but those bonds are built on trust. Fail we might but sail we must.

Ole in Crew "Be more Weatherall"

Unread 09-03-2020, 12:08 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What a snake..

Made the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
only surprise sparky not on out list he must have been confused ps yhgr
When that poll was done, Sparky was of the following mindset:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The only things we've seen similar to this over the last 35 years are:

1) When Fergie took over in '86, briefly steadied the place and we finished 2nd in his first full season in '88. However he then got down to the business of stripping out the squad of all the old heads and we quickly plummeted down the table. Finished 11th in 1989 and then 13th in 1990, Just 5 points clear of relegation where you saw the now infamous "3 years and it's still crap tara" flag..FA cup win saved his job.

2) When Van Gaal came in post moyes and stripped away all the old guard leaving us in a similar state squad-wise as we are now. He finished 5th, won the FA Cup but was still binned off halfway through.

It's shit but the club really have to ride this one out and back the manager. We can't keep starting over every other year. It's gonna take 2-3 years to sort this and it needs to be done now.
Wise words.

Unread 09-03-2020, 12:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Good windles. I’ve noted there’s been no correction of the bad rep you gave me recently. You mentioned that you had been hasty in pressing red and would correct your error?

I don’t want to appear small minded but it’s these things that define us as people. Everyone from the ‘ole in’ crew has to trust each other. Our bonds are unbreakable but those bonds are built on trust. Fail we might but sail we must.
Must spread etc...

Unread 09-03-2020, 12:49 PM
bazrah99

I have to say that poll was the first time I lost faith. It had been a particularly bad couple of weeks and was doubting things massively.

Ole has a lot to learn I think but the signs of improvement are there to see from a team morale and player improvement point of view. His tactics and team selection are still random at times though (I appreciate he still has limited players in the squad in some positions). Can't really knock the signings since he started.

Beating City three times this season will have shocked a lot of people.

Unread 09-03-2020, 01:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
If you want a list of "Ole out crew" members, for your records, this is a useful thread: https://www.utdforum.com/forum/poll....ts&pollid=1979

Hopefully more of them take you up on the offer, because I'm not sure all the Ole in crew are as understanding as you are. I know I'll personally struggle to forgive people who called our manager a "clueless" "£#%&!ing idiot" "Norwegian fisherman" who only got the job because he "poked his toe out in 99", and wanted him sacked within a year of him being made manager.

Obviously not a comprehensive list (AK14 for instance said he'd sack Ole as soon as Poch was available in the above thread), but you'll probably have to wait until we next lose for most of the Ole out'ers to show up.
Wow. Can't say I'm surprised by some of these names though.

Unread 09-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Seamus

Ole OUT - I've wet my shorts and want Big Sam.
bazrah99, Casanova85, Child of Darkness, David Crank, Finport Red, flixton, geo100100, Jan Kubis, les vagas, liamb123, lztom, marlo, Mr_Ed, poppy, rustling jimmies, ryanMUFC, ScarFace, Stickman, Swagger, Vedder, windy waffles

Unread 09-03-2020, 01:18 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Wow. Can't say I'm surprised by some of these names though.
Only surprise is you’re not on there? Must have been busy defending Mou (and Thatcher)

Unread 09-03-2020, 01:43 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Only surprise is you’re not on there? Must have been busy defending Mou (and Thatcher)
I judge on facts fella - not prejudice.

Facts.

Unread 09-03-2020, 01:45 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Yep, and worse than that was said. Can understand people not thinking Ole is the right man, but the lack of respect shown by some to someone who is a genuine club legend and all-round good fellow has been £#%&!ing disgusting on here.

How you can find yourself, as a United fan, regularly posting demeaning things about a man like Ole, and where you go from there, I do not know. Abandon all hope, ye @#%&!s.

Unread 09-03-2020, 02:35 PM
barca99

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Admittedly the 'bed wetters' myself included were quick to jump on him when things went wrong, however I would argue with good reason as some of the results and performances were beyond abysmal.

He is in a good place right now lets hope he can keep it going until the end of the season

As others have pointed out on numerous threads he is getting the best out of the majority of the players now - which to be honest is all you can really ask for. His recruitment of players has been spot on and is building a great connection with the fans. He has also got rid of some £#%&!ing awful players and looks set to shift some more in the summer.

Unread 09-03-2020, 02:38 PM
marlo

has no one learnt anything from last season.

lets wait until the end of the season, and see how we end it.

at the moment things look good and long may they continue as we all want the same thing. (united to be successful).

Unread 09-03-2020, 02:38 PM
dunk

It just feels like the attitude and atmosphere around the place has changed, and it's been gradually changing for a while. Back end of last season set up a brutal start to this from a perception pov, but it's clear they're definitely working hard changing it behind the scenes.

Convinced if he'd had 1 or 2 more attackers/midfielders from the off there would be a very different view on the season.

Unread 09-03-2020, 02:44 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

at the moment things look good and long may they continue as we all want the same thing. (united to be successful).
oh here he is, the snivelling £#%&!ing moonheaded #@&%! himself.

£#%&! off

Unread 09-03-2020, 03:00 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Unread 09-03-2020, 03:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Turn it in wormtongue

Unread 09-03-2020, 03:05 PM
believe

People might want to have a read through the last city match thread in the league.

Unread 09-03-2020, 03:06 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Admittedly the 'bed wetters' myself included were quick to jump on him when things went wrong
Quote:
Funny how now we've hit good form we have to wait and see the bigger picture. Where was this long-term view when we were struggling?

Hilarious that the people deciding our manager wasn't up to it within the first 6 months of him getting the job, are the same ones saying "lets not rush to any conclusions" now.

Unread 09-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Hilarious that the people deciding our manager wasn't up to it within the first 6 months of him getting the job, are the same ones saying "lets not rush to any conclusions" now.

Unread 09-03-2020, 03:16 PM
ryanMUFC

That goon at the end.

We got carried away after the PSG game last season so let’s see how we finish the season but you if you can’t enjoy results like yesterday, it’s not for you.
Closed Thread