United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:45 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Pal, the set up was wrong as was jones inclusion. But every manager of every club makes mistakes like that. Half my mates are berts and they complain all the time about pep leaving out somebody or other or setting up incorrectly and he’s considered the best in the world. It happens literally all the time at every club.

The problem here is that people are linking a poor set up and some tactical naivety with the need to sack the manager. ‘I’ve been supportive of ole up to now’ is a disproportionately dramatic response no?
The disproportionate response is yelling “bedwetter” at anyone who criticises the manager. It’s a perfectly natural reaction of a football supporter.

I mentioned that I’ve been supporting of Ole simply because I have. And continue to be. The “up to now”’ bit didn’t mean anything. A new manager is not going to Solve any of our problems. We’ve been there. Several times.

I guess I’m just a bit outraged that I’m being called a bedwetter (not by yourself) for disagreeing with a £#%&!ing substitution is this where we’re at right now? Full on RAWK?

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You watched the game right? That first 45 was about as bad as any game I’ve seen United play. Tactics? Really? Shit sandwich indeed.

I’ve been supportive of Ole throughout. But when we play a a bad as we did yesterday for most of the game, it’s okay to say so.
Why is a team playing shit down to tactics? They’ve played it before and done well. A large part for being shit yesterday was a poor quality midfield and jones putting everyone else on edge.

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

The more you see of Jones for their first the worse it is.

He's an absolute liability.

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
The disproportionate response is yelling “bedwetter” at anyone who criticises the manager. It’s a perfectly natural reaction of a football supporter.

I mentioned that I’ve been supporting of Ole simply because I have. And continue to be. The “up to now”’ bit didn’t mean anything. A new manager is not going to Solve any of our problems. We’ve been there. Several times.

I guess I’m just a bit outraged that I’m being called a bedwetter (not by yourself) for disagreeing with a £#%&!ing substitution is this where we’re at right now? Full on RAWK?
The bed wetter comment wasn't just aimed at you for disagreeing with the sub mate, calm down.

I read through 4 - 5 pages of new posts before responding to Jem's post about the sub and throwing in the bed wetting comment aimed at all the bed wetting in the multiple pages of new posts I had just read (although to be honest that does include the comment you made in the early hours this morning, sorry )

Edit: Although to try and resolve this, lets say yours was more a damp bed, rather than bed wetting. Like a heavy sweat rather than a pissy flood.

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Didn’t Rashford say that the players wanted to keep pushing forward but we’re instructed not to do so by the manager?
No idea. But I’d have expected the message to be no need to be wreckless now we’re ahead. Keep the ball, be solid and continue trying to score more. Sheffield will be throwing men forward now, be solid and capitalise on the gaps they’ll be leaving.

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Zorg

When people talk about giving managers time, isn't this situation exactly when it's required? Moyes didn't deserve time because of his attitude - he was a black cloud of depression hanging over the club. Ole says the right things, has brought in a load of young players and binned a few everyone wanted rid of. His attitude is positive, there are promising signs and that's enough for me for him to deserve longer. Yes that was infuriating but with a proper midfield they'd have seen out the game. Three goalscorers, average age 19 ffs.

Obviously there are question marks but any manager would be like that. Does anyone think Pochettino would never make an apparently bizarre substitution or pick a seemingly strange formation? Ask Spurs fans. I'm also not keen on the idea of United going begging to a Spurs reject, to be perfectly honest.

Now's the time to have a bit of faith, not panic and let these young players grow together. Ripping it all up and starting again from scratch would be a disaster.

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Obviously there are question marks but any manager would be like that. Does anyone think Pochettino would never make an apparently bizarre substitution or pick a seemingly strange formation? Ask Spurs fans. I'm also not keen on the idea of United going begging to a Spurs reject, to be perfectly honest.
His record with buying players isn’t exactly faultless. I have more faith ole gets the next 5 signings right than I do pochettinho. With a decent midfield we’ll be a much better team, and the football would be better than under Pochettino too.

There’s only two reasons to sack ole before next Christmas - losing the dressing room or being so bad relegation becomes a possibility. If ole can navigate those waters, I think we’ll have a very, very good team in a year or two, and one that we can enjoy because it will be in the United tradition. This is assuming the club back him on sales and purchases.

Unread 25-11-2019, 09:59 AM
redhegemony

The midfield cupboard is threadbare hence the 3 centre halves of which Jones is 5th choice. Anders isn't a centre mid which left Fred.

Ole knows what we need and who we don't need. Some great young players just need a bit of stability and we won't get that by changing the manager.

Signs are promising. Looking forward to Villa.

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:00 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
The midfield cupboard is threadbare hence the 3 centre halves of which Jones is 5th choice. Anders isn't a centre mid which left Fred.

Ole knows what we need and who we don't need. Some great young players just need a bit of stability and we won't get that by changing the manager.

Signs are promising. Looking forward to Villa.
So why did we not sign a midfielder in the summer?

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We all already know the answer to that question.

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
The bed wetter comment wasn't just aimed at you for disagreeing with the sub mate, calm down.

I read through 4 - 5 pages of new posts before responding to Jem's post about the sub and throwing in the bed wetting comment aimed at all the bed wetting in the multiple pages of new posts I had just read (although to be honest that does include the comment you made in the early hours this morning, sorry )

Edit: Although to try and resolve this, lets say yours was more a damp bed, rather than bed wetting. Like a heavy sweat rather than a pissy flood.
Was just about to post that I get it and we’re good.

But then you just couldn’t resist an edit

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
What a stupid question.

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Throw

Quote:
When people talk about giving managers time, isn't this situation exactly when it's required? Moyes didn't deserve time because of his attitude - he was a black cloud of depression hanging over the club. Ole says the right things, has brought in a load of young players and binned a few everyone wanted rid of. His attitude is positive, there are promising signs and that's enough for me for him to deserve longer. Yes that was infuriating but with a proper midfield they'd have seen out the game. Three goalscorers, average age 19 ffs.

Now's the time to have a bit of faith, not panic and let these young players grow together. Ripping it all up and starting again from scratch would be a disaster.
Word

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Was just about to post that I get it and we’re good.

But then you just couldn’t resist an edit
Sorry

I take it back.

Friends?

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:08 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Reckon some people on here make posts for the rep and to fit in “with the lads” too. Calling people bedwetters because they weren’t happy we drew 3-3 with Sheffield United and played like shite for the majority of the game
imagine being a man utd manager and losing at sheffield united ..

Quote:
we did ..just hes playing under 19s and is £#%&!ing immense hannibal

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
imagine being a man utd manager and losing at sheffield united ..
We didn’t lose pal, we drew. Try watching the game next time.

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:40 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We didn’t lose pal, we drew. Try watching the game next time.
sorry forgot man utd didnt exist in your head in 1992

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:42 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Sorry

I take it back.

Friends?
I get it. We’re good.

Unread 25-11-2019, 10:42 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
sorry forgot man utd didnt exist in your head in 1992
This makes absolutely no sense. You tried to be smart, but it didn’t work, because we are discussing the game played yesterday.