United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singy211291
Hes just not playing like he was hyped up to be
He's playing exactly like someone has stuck a pair of legs on a wardrobe.

£85m

Unread 09-11-2019, 11:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

I’m slightly concerned about Maguire
Let’s be honest he’s been distinctly mediocre since his debut
He looks so immobile at times and really hasn’t been that impressive on the ball
Seems to get the defensive line to drop deep because he’s worried about his lack of pace

It’s maybe based off off a small sample size but I honestly believe Tuanzebe is the best CB at the club
Sounds strange given we just spent a world record 80 mill on Maguire but he has every attribute you could want in a modern CB

Unread 09-11-2019, 11:29 PM
Singy211291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
He's playing exactly like someone has stuck a pair of legs on a wardrobe.

£85m

Haha, one way to put it. That's because hes being used as an all round defender which he is not. He is just your stereotypical CB. Strength and Tackling is what hes good at. Concentrate on just doing that and he wont get caught out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I’m slightly concerned about Maguire
Let’s be honest he’s been distinctly mediocre since his debut
He looks so immobile at times and really hasn’t been that impressive on the ball
Seems to get the defensive line to drop deep because he’s worried about his lack of pace

It’s maybe based off off a small sample size but I honestly believe Tuanzebe is the best CB at the club
Sounds strange given we just spent a world record 80 mill on Maguire but he has every attribute you could want in a modern CB
Immobile is a belting word to describe him. He hasn't got the athleticism to do what hes doing. Let him sit deeper than the rest and just tidy up. That's all he needs to do.

Tuanzebe does need more of a chance because he could be what we are missing. If we didn't pay 85 mill Maguire he wouldn't be playing as often

Unread 10-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Red Santos

Quote:
Haha, one way to put it. That's because hes being used as an all round defender which he is not. He is just your stereotypical CB. Strength and Tackling is what hes good at. Concentrate on just doing that and he wont get caught out

Immobile is a belting word to describe him. He hasn't got the athleticism to do what hes doing. Let him sit deeper than the rest and just tidy up. That's all he needs to do.

Tuanzebe does need more of a chance because he could be what we are missing. If we didn't pay 85 mill Maguire he wouldn't be playing as often
Tuanzebe is the overrated one. He's absoulutely terrible in the air.

Will go down as another Cleverly, Fosu-Mensah, Peirera etc ridiculously (and unwarranted) hyped up academy product

Why do fans £#%&!ing do this every £#%&!ing year!?!

Unread 10-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well as I recall it some tit bet me that Rashford and Martial wouldn’t get 20 goals between them this season

Think they’re on 12 so far? Considering Martial has been out for a while, and Rashford had a terrible spell of form, it’s really not that bad.
No idea what you are recalling or about whom tbf.

Quote:
Really? The worst? Other than the 99 and 08 team, we've never really had a few players who can actually score goals. Van Persie, Rooney and Berbatov are the only players since 08 that have been prolific, unless I'm forgetting someone?

These attackers we have now are the best chance to get that attacking prowess back, obviously its not working yet but you've got to give them time to know each others game surely?

When we dont have fully fit attacking options then yeah its gonna be very difficult. Rashford or Martial cant do it on their own with that midfield behind them. Hence why the creativity and chances come from them playing together. And Greenwood will slowly become part of that the more he plays with them.

I dont think we should of sold both Lukaku and Sanchez because at least with one of them, we would have injuries covered and a bit more experience.
It is amazing we have managed to win so many trophies with such limited attackers.

Absolutely mental.

Unread 10-11-2019, 10:06 AM
windy waffles

Can we swap him back for Caglar Soyuncu?

Unread 10-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Tuanzebe is the overrated one. He's absoulutely terrible in the air.

Will go down as another Cleverly, Fosu-Mensah, Peirera etc ridiculously (and unwarranted) hyped up academy product

Why do fans £#%&!ing do this every £#%&!ing year!?!
Axel will be very good.

Unread 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Axel will be very good.
Here or at Portman Road?

Unread 10-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Here or at Portman Road?
You need some new lines pal.

Unread 10-11-2019, 10:22 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You need some new lines pal.

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Vedder

I’d rather Smalling. No wum

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:56 PM
David Crank

He wouldn't start for Leicester. Really £#%&!ed ourselves on this one.

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:57 PM
d_knight

If we got rid of bailly lindelof Jones and rojo AND THEN we added maguire I'd be OK with that

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

Don't think he did anything especially wrong today.

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:59 PM
utd99

How can someone with a head that large be zero threat on set pieces?

Tbf our deliveries are either shots or awful crosses for the most part.

Unread 15-12-2019, 05:59 PM
David Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You thought Fred had a bad game though so your opinion is hard to take seriously.

Unread 15-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Dr Stranger

always been overrated but we have bigger problems

Unread 15-12-2019, 06:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He was decent as usual.

We all knew he wasn’t an £80m player when we signed him and it’s like people are new to the fact we always pay over for these types of transfers.

More worrying for me is that Rashford is the only ‘senior’ forward we have that scores consistently.

Unread 15-12-2019, 06:15 PM
believe

I think you’d have to be pretty stupid to think he isn’t an upgrade on what we had/have and he’ll be here for a long time and will improve as we do. I just wish he’d show a bit more of the leadership we’ve seen in short bursts. I also wish he’d be a bit more courageous in the box at corners. Fred seems to be first player we’ve had in about 20 years who can take a decent corner but we never look like a threat.

Unread 15-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Knockers

The absolute least of our worries. If he was at City they wouldn’t have dropped a point and he’d be getting Van Dijk-esque coverage.
Closed Thread