United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-12-2023, 08:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
somewhere between those extremes , there are people who just know ball.

Anyone over the age of 20 using this phrase needs to give their considerable head a wobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Not necessarily true, I told the truth then had to remember to go to my divorce hearing.

Unread 21-12-2023, 10:57 PM
My Name is Heath

Yet I was literally tortured to death like a badger for saying perhaps we should have kept Sabitzer instead of this Deirdre Barlow lover.

This anti German language rhetoric from ETH is damaging the club.

If Sabitzer were called Heineken or dos Santos and had played for some finger in the dyke club ETH would have offered him a 10 yr contract.

Pathetic.

War's over pal. He should stop banging on about it.

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:22 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Yet I was literally tortured to death like a badger for saying perhaps we should have kept Sabitzer instead of this Deirdre Barlow lover.

This anti German language rhetoric from ETH is damaging the club.

If Sabitzer were called Heineken or dos Santos and had played for some finger in the dyke club ETH would have offered him a 10 yr contract.

Pathetic.

War's over pal. He should stop banging on about it.
Whilst Sabitzer was better, i’d have not kept him either.

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:36 PM
Sparky***

another one of our wonderful last-ditch panic loan signings has failed to impress

well imagine my £#%&!ing shock

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:45 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Out of Context Bellers - On hand to prove a point, 24/7.

Quote anyone saying he's the missing piece of the jigsaw. Go on, do your trawling ffs

Saying he'll be good for us = "He's Zidane and Keane in one player".
you’re shameless

admit you’re wrong on this one

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
you’re shameless

admit you’re wrong on this one
Absolutely not. Are you pissed?

Literally nobody (1 person quoted so far) said Batters was the 'final piece in the jigsaw' so what have I got wrong?

Unread 22-12-2023, 12:02 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Absolutely not. Are you pissed?

Literally nobody (1 person quoted so far) said Batters was the 'final piece in the jigsaw' so what have I got wrong?
And what a moron that guy is.

Unread 22-12-2023, 12:08 AM
est.1878

I feel like once the chrstimas smilies drop we will all get along a bit better.

Unread 22-12-2023, 06:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 22-12-2023, 07:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 22-12-2023, 10:05 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
batters
😐

Unread 22-12-2023, 10:07 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Don't be hard on yourself pal, he should be the missing part of the puzzle. I don't think many people expected to find out that he moves like he's wearing a suit of armour.

Unread 22-12-2023, 11:03 AM
Dr Stranger

I think he gets far too much stick. Reads the game, good on the ball. Moves like he’s playing in skinny jeans, but he’s barely had a pre season and is fairly new to the league. He’s no world beater, but he’s a useful player in that #6 role. Get Bruno in instead of The Scottish Player and keep Mainoo in there and that’s a well balanced midfield

Unread 22-12-2023, 11:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Whilst Sabitzer was better, i’d have not kept him either.
he's not, but we could have done with both of them. instead of wasting money on players we didn't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
another one of our wonderful last-ditch panic loan signings has failed to impress
he's played reasonably well, given the stupid tactics. the fact that the club might not keep him is sign of the way thd club is run, not a reflection of his ability or performance.

Unread 22-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's not, but we could have done with both of them. instead of wasting money on players we didn't need.

he's played reasonably well, given the stupid tactics. the fact that the club might not keep him is sign of the way thd club is run, not a reflection of his ability or performance.
If he’d performed better, and had some more ability, the club would be keeping him. So I’m not sure you’re entirely correct there.

Unread 22-12-2023, 11:39 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
If he’d performed better, and had some more ability, the club would be keeping him. So I’m not sure you’re entirely correct there.
then, I think you misunderstand the situation. the club is simply being cheap. it has nothing to do with him not playing well enough (or the balance of the squad). although, part of the reason they have to be cheap is that they wasted money on players they don't need. we could have done with sabitzer and amrabat, both of whom played quite well enough to justify being kept on.

not sure what kind of performances you think would have been good enough, but superhuman under this manager would have been required. seems like an unreasonably high bar.

of course, your comment that he doesn't have the ability suggests you think the manager and club are idiots.

Unread 22-12-2023, 11:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think he gets far too much stick. Reads the game, good on the ball. Moves like he’s playing in skinny jeans, but he’s barely had a pre season and is fairly new to the league. He’s no world beater, but he’s a useful player in that #6 role. Get Bruno in instead of The Scottish Player and keep Mainoo in there and that’s a well balanced midfield

Unread 22-12-2023, 11:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
then, I think you misunderstand the situation. the club is simply being cheap. it has nothing to do with him not playing well enough (or the balance of the squad). although, part of the reason they have to be cheap is that they wasted money on players they don't need. we could have done with sabitzer and amrabat, both of whom played quite well enough to justify being kept on.

not sure what kind of performances you think would have been good enough, but superhuman under this manager would have been required. seems like an unreasonably high bar.

of course, your comment that he doesn't have the ability suggests you think the manager and club are idiots.
So you don’t think we would be trying to keep him if he was putting in 10/10 performances, rather than 6/10? Okay. Strange view, but okay.

Unread 22-12-2023, 12:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So you don’t think we would be trying to keep him if he was putting in 10/10 performances, rather than 6/10? Okay. Strange view, but okay.
I don't agree with the basis of your question, but I do think that we should trying to keep him, based on his performances and his ability. if you offered me palhinha instead, I'd take palhinha. mainoo with mount and bruno ahead of him is not a £#%&!ing midfield. mainoo and cass would be ok, but then there's no cover for the old fella (how would our midfield have looked against liverpool, for example?).

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:23 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Think we’ll probably be ok to let him go…