United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-12-2023, 11:52 AM
wiganste

I've got a hunch Marlo isn't a fan of ETH.

Some very subtle hints have been dropped

Unread 21-12-2023, 12:07 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
yep have it both ways.

you are backing a manager getting us knocked out of every cup competition at the earliest stage which results in less prize money/tv money etx but you want us to spend.

approaching half a billion spent , out of the carling cup and Europe before Christmas but yeah we must back him.
back him with that, money we won’t have as he is failing….

logic at its best.

Also spending more money because he decided to waste 70m on a striker not good enough for us right now
The manager hasn’t spent the money (and his watch is nowhere £#%&!ing near a billion). He requested players because he was asked who he wanted instead of having a functional football structure above him that would do these things. The fees paid were 100% the responsibility of the people above him. Even then the money that has been spent would have been totally inconsequential if it was the club’s money from the club’s turnover. Instead most purchases have been made with increased debt that has in turn placed increasing restriction on our ability to spend in line with FFP. This in turn leaves the manager not even getting the players he asked for and having to show-horn stop gaps into critical roles.

I’m far from excusing every aspect of our current position but there are a lot of mitigating factors. Very significant ones. Your tedious and blinkered charge toward anything that can be considered negative toward he manager, is an argument assembly akin to that of a 14 year old. Man, I have a lot of time for many of the points you make but this is getting silly now. Maybe go have a cry and a £#%&! or something. It may help.

Unread 21-12-2023, 12:26 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
The manager hasn’t spent the money (and his watch is nowhere £#%&!ing near a billion). He requested players because he was asked who he wanted instead of having a functional football structure above him that would do these things. The fees paid were 100% the responsibility of the people above him. Even then the money that has been spent would have been totally inconsequential if it was the club’s money from the club’s turnover. Instead most purchases have been made with increased debt that has in turn placed increasing restriction on our ability to spend in line with FFP. This in turn leaves the manager not even getting the players he asked for and having to show-horn stop gaps into critical roles.

I’m far from excusing every aspect of our current position but there are a lot of mitigating factors. Very significant ones. Your tedious and blinkered charge toward anything that can be considered negative toward he manager, is an argument assembly akin to that of a 14 year old. Man, I have a lot of time for many of the points you make but this is getting silly now. Maybe go have a cry and a £#%&! or something. It may help.
Otherwise known as a ‘crank’. Very underrated from an assault on the emotions pov.

Unread 21-12-2023, 12:48 PM
92ToBury

The lack of service is unreal. Antony and Rashford aren't the players you want supplying him, unless they switch sides and we go with old-school wingers to ping balls into him, with the other winger coming in at the back post to act as a second striker.

People say having Kane would be different and it might be but not because of the level of supply.

Unread 21-12-2023, 12:59 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The lack of service is unreal. Antony and Rashford aren't the players you want supplying him, unless they switch sides and we go with old-school wingers to ping balls into him, with the other winger coming in at the back post to act as a second striker.

People say having Kane would be different and it might be but not because of the level of supply.
A strikers movement is also to blame tbh

He makes some odd runs does Hoijlund. He's very keen which I get and it's nice to have a striker that runs.

One for me that summed him up, where everyone got onto Antony as he skipped past Alexander Arnold and it looked like he just played it behind Hoijlund but that was every bit Hoijlunds fault. There was no need for him to be steaming in an almost across the front post run, him holding his run with no one near him would of been a relative easy tap in.

He needs to stop seeking the ball in the box so much, it has a habit of falling to you by just holding sometimes, but this will all come. He's got the physical attributes but someone really needs to work on his movement

The amount of times he and say Scott The Scottish Player will be make the exact same run is also quite annoying

Unread 21-12-2023, 01:31 PM
jem

I'd like see him knock The Scottish Player off the ball a couple of times.

Unread 21-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

Part of that is also seniority - Rashford & Antony absolutely would have been deferring to Kane & passing him the ball as I imagine he's ready to pin them up against the wall in the dressing room and give them an almighty %@#$&!ing every time they shoot & £#%&! it into row z.

Rassers needs to hit the gym a bit & become a nastier bastard to get this point across. The manager might also mention it, given how often it happens - they should be evolving rather than making the same mistake over & over again.

Unread 21-12-2023, 03:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
A strikers movement is also to blame tbh

He makes some odd runs does Hoijlund. He's very keen which I get and it's nice to have a striker that runs.

One for me that summed him up, where everyone got onto Antony as he skipped past Alexander Arnold and it looked like he just played it behind Hoijlund but that was every bit Hoijlunds fault. There was no need for him to be steaming in an almost across the front post run, him holding his run with no one near him would of been a relative easy tap in.

He needs to stop seeking the ball in the box so much, it has a habit of falling to you by just holding sometimes, but this will all come. He's got the physical attributes but someone really needs to work on his movement

The amount of times he and say Scott The Scottish Player will be make the exact same run is also quite annoying
Spot on, but Antony apparently never finds or beats a man

History obviously knows ball....

Unread 21-12-2023, 03:24 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Part of that is also seniority - Rashford & Antony absolutely would have been deferring to Kane & passing him the ball as I imagine he's ready to pin them up against the wall in the dressing room and give them an almighty %@#$&!ing every time they shoot & £#%&! it into row z.

Rassers needs to hit the gym a bit & become a nastier bastard to get this point across. The manager might also mention it, given how often it happens - they should be evolving rather than making the same mistake over & over again.
FFS you're gonna set off the oddballs who write erotic fan fiction on here

Unread 21-12-2023, 03:45 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
FFS you're gonna set off the oddballs who write erotic fan fiction on here
Did this in a rush, needs some work but I think there’s potential there for a real engrossing story:

Quote:
As the team spilled into the dressing room after a hard earned loss to Bournemouth, there was a palpable tension in the air. Accusatory glances were traded between players, with no one willing to step up and accept responsibility. Shaw spoke in hushed tones about looking into a mirror, and Harry Maguire offered up his win ratio as proof he was beyond criticism.

But one player was yet to return from the pitch. The tension grew as they awaited Harry Kane, knowing how foul his temper could be. He would often play a diplomatic role in interviews with the press, adopting an inoffensive demeanour, but behind closed doors, the man was a real spiteful bastard when he needed to be.

Boom. Boom. Boom!

Thudding footsteps pounded louder and louder as they neared the dressing room.

The silence was deafening.

Wan Bissaka vomited into his rucksack. He knew what was coming.

Bang!

Kane burst into the dressing room, a look of intense fury flashing across his beady blue eyes, his receding hairline looking more and more prominent as his face grimaced with rage.

“Where the £#%&! is Rashy and Ant?!”

The players parted, knowing it was pointless trying to protect their teammates.

There, hidden in the corner, stood Marcus Rashford and Antony dos Santos, standing meekly and refusing to make eye contact with Kane.

In the space of a few seconds, he made several strides over to them, picking them each up by the scruff of their necks and holding them up against the wall.

They flinched as he drew near to them - Harry’s breath was slightly overwhelming, as for years he had practiced breathing without ever closing his mouth. They felt his powerful, stringy arms pulsing with a furious energy and they knew they were powerless to resist his clammy body from dominating them. Spit dripped and sprayed from his cracked lips as he took them to task.

“How many £#%&!ING times have I got to tell you to pass the ball, you stupid @#%&!s?!”

They attempted to apologise but his vicelike grip and powerful, lithe body left them speechless. Harry Kane was a real man, and he was about to teach them a lesson.

“Leave,” he whispered softly, his eyes resigned to what he must do to get through to them both.

“It’s time I show these lads, what a man is capable of.”

The rest of the team didn’t need telling twice. They knew Kane didn’t play games, and they didn’t want to find themselves on the receiving end of his clinical finishing.

And Marcus and Antony awaited with baited breath his onslaught, almost finding themselves wanting to feel his fury. Maybe this was what they needed after all, and their eyes widened as he let them go from the wall. They didn’t want to resist any more. And Kane knew this, as he ripped off his top and revealed his pale torso, toned and rippling beneath the harsh lights of the Manchester United dressing room.

“It’s time to raise the standards in here, boys.”

To be continued

Unread 21-12-2023, 04:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
And Marcus and Antony awaited with baited breath...
I'm hooked.

Unread 21-12-2023, 04:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm hooked.
well played

Unread 21-12-2023, 05:01 PM
Chris Quayd

I’m straight as they come but the recent flurry of forum erotica has stirred something within

Unread 21-12-2023, 08:30 PM
My Name is Heath

I’ll give you some rep if you throw in some headscissors action mate.
Asking for a friend.

Unread 21-12-2023, 08:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I’ll give you some rep if you throw in some headscissors action mate.
Asking for a friend.
I don’t do this for the rep heathers. I do it for the pleasure.

Tried doing one on Rasmus but his innocent Scandinavian choir boy good looks just don’t do it for me.

Unread 21-12-2023, 09:43 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t do this for the rep heathers. I do it for the pleasure.

Tried doing one on Rasmus but his innocent Scandinavian choir boy good looks just don’t do it for me.
Integrity too.

What a man.

As for Big Rasmus, I could genuinely imagine him gelling with Harry and I just wish we had someone to swing the balls in for them to get on the end of.

Unread 21-12-2023, 09:55 PM
Dacter

Merry Rasmus Everyone

Unread 22-12-2023, 12:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
It’s my phone and how quick i type. I don’t bother checking it. Just type and send!

Back to Hojlund, it’s not his fault but he really isn’t what we need and isnt the level required.

Even the kind of striker he is doesn’t compliment or jel with the forwards we have at the club.
Given our two wide startik forwards are 21 and rashford.
You’d want a more self sufficient striker who will get his own goals and interchange with the other two. A player like Jesus or Ollie Watkins.
Buying a striker who relies on service knowing we have two greedy and unproductive wide players in the league is madness.
but then Again you know who is faultless so it’s just the glazers fault really.
Great article in the Athletic about how United have been run you should give it a read. Here's a snippet....

Quote:
After Erik ten Hag agreed to take charge of Manchester United, he set aside a couple of hours each week away from managing Ajax to discuss the shape of the squad he would inherit in England.
He wanted to get a head start on recruitment and spoke to United’s football director John Murtough about the types of players he would like waiting for him when he officially began work. Ten Hag asked for a midfielder in the mould of Frenkie de Jong, an established centre-forward, and a left-footed centre-back.
Agents contacted in that period, however, paint a picture of a club acting without an established plan. It transpired that, although United use a tailormade scouting database containing thousands of reports, nobody had assembled a so-called “shadow squad” of potential signings in each position, as is customary at clubs across the football pyramid. United were starting from scratch, rather than having potential deals lined up.
Murtough does now have a thick dossier that outlines targets for each position, categorising them by levels of quality based on scouting reports and data, as well as detailing their expected cost. But that uncertainty at the start emboldened Ten Hag to take matters into his own hands in certain circumstances, such as when Murtough returned with a list of centre-backs that included Ajax’s Lisandro Martinez. Josko Gvardiol, Alessandro Bastoni and Pau Torres were also discussed but Ten Hag preferred Martinez, partially due to their established relationship and the player’s attainability, but also because he was seen as the most suitable of the targets. Martinez understood Ten Hag’s way of working, so had merit as the first piece in his jigsaw, and Murtough, seen by some former colleagues as an administrator rather than a visionary, acquiesced.
here's a bonus nugget..

Unread 22-12-2023, 01:45 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Great article in the Athletic about how United have been run you should give it a read. Here's a snippet....

here's a bonus nugget..
https://x.com/Cantona_Collars/status...858109200?s=20
I subscribe to the athletic so read it when it dropped.

£#%&!ijg hell is amateur night at the Apollo at carrington.

but then again dunk and Co said we had a good team in place with my tough and fletcher when i was calling for director of football when ETH joined.

Unread 22-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Ferguson? What’s he got to do with anything?