United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-12-2023, 09:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Player of the year in seasons where we were utter shit.....

He was from day 1 awful in his own area, a keeper should not be afraid..... He got lobbed inside his own six yard box ....

No, 2017! I started my badges....

I'm willing to give Onana a bit longer than 15 games though .....

Ha e a lovely Friday mate.
Why?

Unread 01-12-2023, 09:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Why?
Because I've seen him play since 2016/17 and he isn't a bad keeper at all.....

Unread 01-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

I'm willing to give Onana a bit longer than 15 games though .....
Interesting argument to use for Onana but…..

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1835

Unread 01-12-2023, 10:06 AM
History

Goalkeepers unfortunately do not have the luxury of being able to have a bad run of form. They cannot be carried through games by their teammates.

This guy is £#%&!ing liability

Unread 01-12-2023, 10:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Interesting argument to use for Onana but…..

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1835
He was ???

You are aware I've slated onana as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Goalkeepers unfortunately do not have the luxury of being able to have a bad run of form. They cannot be carried through games by their teammates.

This guy is £#%&!ing liability
It's not a bad run of form when he's keeping premier league clean sheets ??

Bruno gave away both freekicks for stupid fouls that led to both goals .... As an outfield player though this is never mentioned....

Awful position for the spotlight....

Hey ho.

Unread 01-12-2023, 10:13 AM
believe

Can see why bunks loves Antony, the similarities are quite something

Unread 01-12-2023, 10:15 AM
atticusgrinch

I want him to do well... as much for the goalkeeping brothers as for united's fortunes.

But wow... he's single-handedly got us knock out of the CL ffs

Unread 01-12-2023, 11:10 AM
jem

Quote:
Bruno gave away both freekicks for stupid fouls that led to both goals .... As an outfield player though this is never mentioned....
aside from when it is mentioned.

the first foul, he sprinted back from the edge of their box to the edge of ours through a wasteland of nothingness (The Scottish Player had to hide, obvs) and it was more a tangle of legs than a foul. if we had a midfield, it would never have happened.

however, they should never have scored from that free kick.

while we're at it, it was never a foul by irwin for the first bayern goal in the final.

Unread 01-12-2023, 11:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

the first foul, he sprinted back from the edge of their box to the edge of ours through a wasteland of nothingness (The Scottish Player had to hide, obvs) and it was more a tangle of legs than a foul. if we had a midfield, it would never have happened.

while we're at it, it was never a foul by irwin for the first bayern goal in the final.
correct, it was Johnsen. Unless i’ve just been whooshed.

Unread 01-12-2023, 11:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
correct, it was Johnsen. Unless i’ve just been whooshed.
was it? it was a long time ago. it was never a foul.

Unread 01-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

He was on the right wing & was who Bruno was moaning at for not pulling it back to him causing him to chase back. Amrabat / whoever else was there was MIA.

Bruno was still dumb & should've tagged the guy miles further back if he was ever doing it.

Unread 01-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Think about that triangle of Van der Sar, Vidic and Ferdinand and how safe it made you feel vs Onana, Maguire and Lindelof. My god…

You simply cannot give a goalkeeper the time to play himself into form the way you can with a forward. The outcomes of getting it wrong are exponentially worse.

Unread 01-12-2023, 03:08 PM
armchair

I think it would be best if he played in the afcon. Either make some howlers over there and don't come back or do well for your nation and come back stronger.

Unread 23-12-2023, 10:40 PM
marlo

Dived like a woman’s keeper again today. Should have saved it got a hand to the 2nd one .

Unread 23-12-2023, 10:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Dived like a woman’s keeper again today. Should have saved it got a hand to the 2nd one .

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:39 AM
Stickman

This guy must have wrists like dental floss.

Unread 24-12-2023, 01:40 AM
Withers

He's dogshit

Unread 24-12-2023, 04:30 AM
shenwen

Can't come up with a single redeeming quality. He's not top level at anything.

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:10 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
You have a woman's dive my lord!

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:15 PM
Sheik JaBooty

You know something’s wrong when you start thinking Jordan £#%&!ing Pickford would give you more confidence.