United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:44 PM
marlo

Let me get this straight …

All that matters is winning not the how good the football is… (eg the United way and all that)

Something springs to mind…..
A Portuguese manager and an almost reverse statement was being made….

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah I’ve been saying that since 2013 mate.
And a bit before Tbf.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Literally everybody on here is saying it was a poor game but we won and take the three points. It’s called supporting your club, not throw the toys out of the pram until they’re beating everyone 3-0 .

There will be more poor games, it’s where we are as a team. You can tell ETH isn’t the manager to want to be in this position either. Don’t know who he was giving a %@#$&!ing to but I bet if he had hair he would have torn it all out by now with some of these useless lot not following basic instructions
You only have to look at the utter mess we made of the last 15 mins up front to see how infuriating it must be try and coach these tossers

Martial and Garnacho £#%&!ing up a chance that you’d expect most under 21 teams could finish with ease.

Basic passes going astray in situations where we’ve got a 3 v 2 counter attack. You couldn’t make it up.

We should have come away from that with a 5-1 win. But we’ve got such a mixed bag of shit up front we simply can’t engineer chances and when we do they £#%&! them up

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
You only have to look at the utter mess we made of the last 15 mins up front to see how infuriating it must be try and coach these tossers

Martial and Garnacho £#%&!ing up a chance that you’d expect most under 21 teams could finish with ease.

Basic passes going astray in situations where we’ve got a 3 v 2 counter attack. You couldn’t make it up.

We should have come away from that with a 5-1 win. But we’ve got such a mixed bag of shit up front we simply can’t engineer chances and when we do they £#%&! them up
Varane needs to come back and stay fully fit. One of malacia /shaw/regullion soon aswell

The whole balance is off because we don’t have a single left sided full back. Gives a lot for rashford to do when there’s no real wide overlap taking defenders away from him. (Not that rashford helps himself either some times he seems to make the wrong choice )

Maybe worth going 3-4-1-2 till we have players back. Because the current set up is a bit shaky .

Maguire
Evans
Lindelof

Dalot
Mount
Casemiro
Amrabat

Bruno

Rashford
Hojlund

Obviously you want your best players in their best positions but if it’s a choice of lindelof starting as a full back or Amrabat starting as a LWB I rather him there. Gives him more protection as a back 5 and gives him a much higher starting position when we do have the ball. Just until we get some proper defenders back.

It also forces us to naturally play a bit narrow when we don’t have the ball and defend in numbers .

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:52 PM
marlo

Quote:

we don’t play a peps Barcelona every week though.
we have been playing very average teams every week.
how come our opposition can be coached to play football and look like an actual team

At one point you have to drop the “poor eth” narrative and be objective:
It’s not good enough and we should me much better than this.

It doesn’t mean you don’t like him or want him sacked, you just acknowledge he is doing a bad job.

Actually after reading the Isreal thread it’s obvious most cant distinguish between levelling criticism at something and not being anti it .

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
how come our opposition can be coached to play football and look like an actual team

It doesn’t mean you don’t like him or want him sacked, you just acknowledge he is doing a bad job.

Actually after reading the Isreal thread it’s obvious most cant distinguish between levelling criticism at something and not being anti it .
The same opposition that lost today? If only we were coached as good as them, have our only goal come from a penalty and lost 2-1

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:55 PM
tatty

It's been 10 years, multiple managers, countless players and hundreds of millions of pounds.

And here we are.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:55 PM
Withers

Every team we have beat has been in the bottom half of the table and we still haven’t won a game by more than one goal.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:56 PM
silv

Quote:

do you think anyone can be bothered to debate with someone who once bigged up the ‘spanish enquiry’

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The same opposition that lost today? If only we were coached as good as them, have our only goal come from a penalty and lost 2-1
you’ve draw from three folders whenever there’s a bad performance injuries, the glazers or the toxic players still at the club (except The Scottish Player because he scored)
So i don’t expect you to be objective when critiquing us.

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

That Garnacho and Martial one stood out, but there was another one earlier: Garnacho breaks on the right, several options to his left and he gives it straight to a striped shirt with a hurried, needlessly difficult pass. From that, Sheffield United break, no serious threat, but we still commit a needless foul and they load up the box. We go from a promising counter attack to defending a free kick through utter stupidity.

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Always seems to be the way. At least we are getting bodies in the box since Raz arrived, which we weren’t doing at all, previously. Missing chances + hit the woodwork twice… on the one hand, we are creating chances but frustrating. Should be doing better vs this lot, which is a concern. Still… 3pts again, players coming back. Copenhagen warm up next before pasting Ciddy.

…or something?

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Let me get this straight …

All that matters is winning not the how good the football is… (eg the United way and all that)

Something springs to mind…..
A Portuguese manager and an almost reverse statement was being made….
You won’t.

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:22 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
But straw man. Don’t think. anybodies said they expect that, what they expect is a side man for man better than the opposition to look like they train together for the majority of the game.
Exactly. They are so disjointed. Players injured, yes, but this lot are training together. It's like they just are not a team, and none of them are really arsed, and that's what's pissing me off.

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:24 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
How was it about myself you little bitch?

I said i met him a few times and many others said they’d met him.

Grow up
Many others followed it up with something about the man himself

You just wanted people to know he’d been in your company

You narcissistic tiny tiny bitch

Football agent spending every day day on this forum

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:33 PM
Medlock

We won via a very shite performance.
But what matters is if we're going to be capable of putting in a major defensive shift next week in a very different kind of game

Unread 21-10-2023, 11:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
We won via a very shite performance.
But what matters is if we're going to be capable of putting in a major defensive shift next week in a very different kind of game
It’s going to be a comfortable win for City next week. Make your peace with it now.

We make shit teams look decent, make decent teams look top class and top class teams look extraordinary.

Unread 22-10-2023, 12:45 AM
jem

Quote:
all our midfield and forward optimism are available.
I'm not absolutely sure what this means, but casemiro and mainoo were not.

Unread 22-10-2023, 06:00 AM
Bunker Buster

Why wasn't it 5-1 wah wah wah.....

Says a lot about people that they can't even enjoy a united win on a very emotional night...

Unread 22-10-2023, 06:04 AM
Coracao

It was utter shite. But the win got me into the last 8 of last man standing for £1,300.

I'll take that.