United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-10-2023, 12:13 PM
believe

Was hoping he’d been injured on international duty.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Solid tonight, made some good saves, looked assured and rushed a 1 v 1

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:19 PM
armchair

Yeah good game for him today. Moment of the match was cleaning out evans and still holding onto the ball. Made a couple of saves too.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Little shakey on that long range shot, but generally solid enough and thankfully not much to do.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

I thought we bought the @#%&! to distribute the ball better. All he did tonight was blooter it up the £#%&!ing pitch to nobody. We could have kept de gea to £#%&!ing do that

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:40 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I thought we bought the @#%&! to distribute the ball better. All he did tonight was blooter it up the £#%&!ing pitch to nobody. We could have kept de gea to £#%&!ing do that
Word of the day.

Unread 21-10-2023, 10:50 PM
Withers

He is shit.

Watch the shot that moved in the air, his positioning is comical.

I agreed De Gea needed replacing and had high hopes for this lad but he isn’t the answer. Sometimes you know straight away, same with Antony.

Unread 22-10-2023, 12:16 AM
Neo

Angry

Dunk!

Unread 22-10-2023, 12:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This lad would not be my first choice, he will drop %@#$&!s, better than de Gea though so it is what it is.

Unread 22-10-2023, 12:45 AM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:

If you're going to quote my posts, please quote them in full.

Unread 22-10-2023, 01:03 AM
dunk

I quoted the only relevant line.

Unread 22-10-2023, 02:17 AM
Neo

Quote:
I quoted the only relevant line.
Really?

You've disregarded the line where I stated I'd approve Onana on the basis he'd be number 2 to the goalkeeper you've led a hate campaign against and subsequently forced out of the club.

You didn't even entertain a testimonial, a proper goodbye. Just asked him to pack his Golden Glove up in a box and finish up on the day. And now a good man enters his first year of matrimony without a vocation.

Unread 22-10-2023, 05:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
All he did tonight was blooter it up the £#%&!ing pitch to nobody. We could have kept de gea to £#%&!ing do that
But de Gea never did kick it up the pitch

This playing out from the back, beating the press

I'd wager over a season booting it up, winning the header or second ball is a much better tactic than the mistakes de Gea and Maguire brought....

(How you getting lobbed in your six yard box by a header ,)

Onana has had a tough start, I'd pick him any day over calamity Dave the weak goth

Unread 23-10-2023, 08:33 AM
Patty_b

The one concern I had about him when we were first linked was that he has a habit of spilling/parrying shots infront of him and not being able to get the ball away from danger.

This is still a concern. Needs to be worked on and sorted. He will not last as our keeper if every other save he makes turns into desperate defending or a second save.

Unread 23-10-2023, 08:39 AM
dinger

He parried at least 2 saves straight back on saturday, thats basic stuff for keepers surely

Unread 23-10-2023, 10:21 AM
Dasilvatwins

Thought he would arrive with some pedigree. Still hoping it’s just the pressure of playing for Man Utd and once he settles down, he will start to make the correct decisions.

He’s even playing wit himself with the ball , rarely comes out the box . He needs to sort it out quick though . That city game could be the final nail in the coffin for some fans and it’s only October

Unread 23-10-2023, 10:55 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Thought he would arrive with some pedigree. Still hoping it’s just the pressure of playing for Man Utd and once he settles down, he will start to make the correct decisions.

He’s even playing wit himself with the ball , rarely comes out the box . He needs to sort it out quick though . That city game could be the final nail in the coffin for some fans and it’s only October
Some of us lived through Paddy Roache Leighton and De Gea mate

Unread 23-10-2023, 11:02 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

like him as a character but anyone thinking this fella is a better keeper than de gea is absolutely nuts.

de gea £#%&!ed up and costs us points sometimes yes, but onana does that too. unfortunately, right now, probably more regularly.

however de gea also won us some points with quite a few decent saves which andre doesn't.

chances of onana getting voted player of the season 3 times in a row = zero

Unread 23-10-2023, 11:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
like him as a character but anyone thinking this fella is a better keeper than de gea is absolutely nuts.

de gea £#%&!ed up and costs us points sometimes yes, but onana does that too. unfortunately, right now, probably more regularly.

however de gea also won us some points with quite a few decent saves which andre doesn't.

chances of onana getting voted player of the season 3 times in a row = zero
Jesus

Won more games with him in nets than lost.

Kept us in both Brentford the Sheffield United games.

Never been lobbed in his six yard box....

Of course he's made mistakes, but I'd rather him over De gea everyone ....... he found a club yet ?

Unread 23-10-2023, 11:32 AM
believe

Played 12 won 6, lost 6. Was lobbed in his six yard box two games ago