United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
If Fred were around in 1989
He'd still be a shit £#%&!er

Unread 22-03-2021, 11:40 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He'd still be a shit £#%&!er
Nice to see you managed to catch a game at last.

Unread 22-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Nice to see you managed to catch a game at last.
???

Unread 22-03-2021, 11:55 AM
Withers

Quote:
He would be getting abuse like Colin Gibson

Unread 22-03-2021, 12:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
He would be getting abuse like Colin Gibson
I wonder which of bryan robson, norman whiteside, lee sharpe or gordon strachan he'd be keeping out of the team.

Unread 22-03-2021, 12:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I wonder which of bryan robson, norman whiteside, lee sharpe or gordon strachan he'd be keeping out of the team.
If we played 4-4-2, could you pick a four guaranteed to keep Fred out of the team these days.

Unread 22-03-2021, 12:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
If we played 4-4-2, could you pick a four guaranteed to keep Fred out of the team these days.
all of fred, matic and The Scottish Player would look better if we played the three of them. also, if we told linde and maguire not to pass 10 yards to any of them from defence unless he was in space to turn or already facing upfield. if the defenders are facing upfield and the midfield are not and are under pressure.... hit it longer. it's not even a question of personnel... it's just so £#%&!ing basic.

play bruno, pogba and greenwood ahead of them. maybe find a right back who can pass. or tell wan b to defend and let The Scottish Player do the wing work.. or one of the forward players.

Unread 22-03-2021, 12:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
all of fred, matic and The Scottish Player would look better if we played the three of them. also, if we told linde and maguire not to pass 10 yards to any of them from defence unless he was in space to turn or already facing upfield. if the defenders are facing upfield and the midfield are not and are under pressure.... hit it longer. it's not even a question of personnel... it's just so £#%&!ing basic.

play bruno, pogba and greenwood ahead of them. maybe find a right back who can pass. or tell wan b to defend and let The Scottish Player do the wing work.. or one of the forward players.
Dropping Rashford.

Unread 22-03-2021, 12:51 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
all of fred, matic and The Scottish Player would look better if we played the three of them. also, if we told linde and maguire not to pass 10 yards to any of them from defence unless he was in space to turn or already facing upfield. if the defenders are facing upfield and the midfield are not and are under pressure.... hit it longer. it's not even a question of personnel... it's just so f***ing basic.

Indeed, makes you wonder what is being coached

The way utd play out from the back is obviously a big part of the set play and whether its the personnel or the plan its mostly utter shite.

Unread 22-03-2021, 12:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Dropping Rashford.
I meant for the leicester game. but we can't really afford to play all of our attacking players. for the balance of the team. clearly, rashford is a better player than any of the three midfielders. but the answer is to get better midfielders.

if we want to be more attacking, maybe play pogba as one of the three and play two strikers ahead of bruno. but this wasn't the game. and it will never be the game for 10-yard balls to fred with a couple of players up his arse.

Unread 22-03-2021, 01:04 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I meant for the leicester game. but we can't really afford to play all of our attacking players. for the balance of the team. clearly, rashford is a better player than any of the three midfielders. but the answer is to get better midfielders.

if we want to be more attacking, maybe play pogba as one of the three and play two strikers ahead of bruno. but this wasn't the game. and it will never be the game for 10-yard balls to fred with a couple of players up his arse.
Yeah, as much as it was a suicide pass from Fred, it was a stupid pass to him from Maguire in the first place. If in doubt, go long. But this is why I would prefer Cavani to Mason because you've then got him and Pogba to go long for as they're both decent in the air.

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:47 PM
Vida_15

i missed the match yesterday but saw some of the highlights before going through this match thread...quite entertaining, probably more so than the actual game

seems like hte simple take was Matic and Fred were poor/very poor, VdB and Pogba made little to no impact

what was surprising was there was little to no mention of Martial ....did he actually touch the ball or do anything?

i think we've been saying this for a few months now....the spine of the team must be upgraded at CF and CM

Fred was a horror show on the first goal and Matic was a walking cone on the second goal

With all that said....we all knew a poor poor performance was coming at some point and honestly i thought it was going to be in Milan but instead it was yesterday

the boys are knackered and they need this int'l break to recover and recharge for the last 6-8 weeks....well the guys who won't be playing for their national teams. Two weeks for some of the guys to get a rest hopefully will make a big difference for us

Leicester had an entire week to prepare/rest but more importantly get time on the training ground

Now we just go Thursday/Sunday until starting with Brighton on April4 and Granada April8 and Spurs April 11

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
i missed the match yesterday but saw some of the highlights before going through this match thread...quite entertaining, probably more so than the actual game

seems like hte simple take was Matic and Fred were poor/very poor, VdB and Pogba made little to no impact

what was surprising was there was little to no mention of Martial ....did he actually touch the ball or do anything?

i think we've been saying this for a few months now....the spine of the team must be upgraded at CF and CM

Fred was a horror show on the first goal and Matic was a walking cone on the second goal

With all that said....we all knew a poor poor performance was coming at some point and honestly i thought it was going to be in Milan but instead it was yesterday

the boys are knackered and they need this int'l break to recover and recharge for the last 6-8 weeks....well the guys who won't be playing for their national teams. Two weeks for some of the guys to get a rest hopefully will make a big difference for us

Leicester had an entire week to prepare/rest but more importantly get time on the training ground

Now we just go Thursday/Sunday until starting with Brighton on April4 and Granada April8 and Spurs April 11
Your simple take is almost right, they weren't just very poor, they were absolutely £#%&!ing shocking.

I thought Martial did OK* first half, he was actually moving about the pitch was nice to see, did £#%&! all else though. Second half he didn't even move about the pitch.

*By his standards.

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Vida_15

*By his standards

so he didn't break a sweat or sprint....got it.

good to know he has such high standards for himself

Unread 22-03-2021, 03:00 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Your simple take is almost right, they weren't just very poor, they were absolutely £#%&!ing shocking.

I thought Martial did OK* first half, he was actually moving about the pitch was nice to see, did £#%&! all else though. Second half he didn't even move about the pitch.

*By his standards.
he did ok orr the little lamb

Unread 22-03-2021, 03:00 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
*By his standards

so he didn't break a sweat or sprint....got it.

good to know he has such high standards for himself
At one point in the first half he did sprint back to try and cover Telles who got caught out position. Surprised he didn't pull something tbh.

Unread 22-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Think you whooshed a couple with that one?

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
I prefer to think everyone got it, but couldn't resist slagging the landing strip, rather than themselves.

Unread 22-03-2021, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
I mean, we really were shit then weren't we?

Unread 22-03-2021, 10:20 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Of course you are allowed to criticise, I said myself just after the game that not making changes fast enough happens too often under Solskjaer.

Its the bad faith "THIS PROVES THAT HE IS AN OVER PROMOTED PE TEACHER WHO SHOULD BE BINNED NOW" shite that gets people's backs up.

And quite rightly so.
This is exactly my point mate I like to think I am allowed an opinion having followed United since a kid in the 70s I have seen all the ups and downs I am behind Ole but he £#%&!ed up this time and he will know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No, I’m a realist, you clearly aren’t.
No your not your a happy clapper